Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chris Cooley for a 1st and a 3rd -- would you do it?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #151
47FAN
Impact Rookie

Re: Chris Cooley for a 1st and a 3rd -- would you do it?

nope.
47FAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #152
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

Davis is getting better and better judging by the way he's been playing in the last 2 or 3 games. But I still wouldn't trade Cooley.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #153
Landry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I would trade Landry before I trade Cooley. There's no need to trade Cooley, I would cut ARE and possibly trade Santana Moss at the WR positions and have Thomas, Kelly and Mitchell be the starters while we find another young guy which we might already have on the roster or PS.
I thought we had smart football fans here. The reason we would trade Cooley is for picks. Right now, our team needs to get younger. With the emergence of Davis there is no reason why we shouldn't consider trading Cooley. We don't need to trade Cooley. But, a trade would benefit our team more than keeping Cooley.

I think we should also consider trading Santana Moss. I think he's taking playing time that should be going to our young receivers. I like Thomas, Kelly, and Mitchell at receiver. I think those guys will develop a lot fast if ARE and Moss was no longer on this team.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #154
Landry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
Davis is getting better and better judging by the way he's been playing in the last 2 or 3 games. But I still wouldn't trade Cooley.
Davis is getting better and better with each passing week. He's younger than Chris Cooley. Do we really need to great TEs, or do we need more picks? We you rather trade Davis who is younger, or go with the older guy? It's not enough balls to go around for both of them. This is a no brainer right here. If someone offers us a 2nd round pick for Cooley we should jump all over it. There are other positions on this team that needs to be address.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #155
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
Davis is getting better and better with each passing week. He's younger than Chris Cooley. Do we really need to great TEs, or do we need more picks? We you rather trade Davis who is younger, or go with the older guy? It's not enough balls to go around for both of them. This is a no brainer right here. If someone offers us a 2nd round pick for Cooley we should jump all over it. There are other positions on this team that needs to be address.
This is a buy low sell high thread. Should we consider trading Cooley, certainly if the offer is right, but a 2nd round pick for a consistent Pro Bowl, and good locker room presence(life coach in fact), is way too low. I would say a low first, or high 2nd, with a conditional 2nd/3rd rd pick the following year. Having said that, it really is kinda foolish to trade because of 4-6 good games by FD. He seems to be a baller, but one season isn't enough to get rid of a high caliber player.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #156
WaldSkins
Playmaker

What would you trade Fred Davis for?
Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #157
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
I'd trade Landry for a second.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #158
saden1
MVP

A TE in his prime for a 2nd round pick? GTFOH!

+1 for closing this stupid thread.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #159
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
This is a buy low sell high thread. Should we consider trading Cooley, certainly if the offer is right, but a 2nd round pick for a consistent Pro Bowl, and good locker room presence(life coach in fact), is way too low. I would say a low first, or high 2nd, with a conditional 2nd/3rd rd pick the following year. Having said that, it really is kinda foolish to trade because of 4-6 good games by FD. He seems to be a baller, but one season isn't enough to get rid of a high caliber player.
exactly, and whats with the we need youth crap cooley is a f-ing tightend and he is 27 this is his fifth year in the league besides qb and db tight ends have some long playing careers in the nfl. does everyone want everyplayer on this team to be under the 25? get real.

cooley and davis double set next year will be amazing, and i'd love to see if cooley can put on a little more muscle this offseason and we could use him out of the back field more, so many people keep saying two te sets don't work, why the f not?

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #160
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Nice post CR. I doubt anbody would give us enough to make the trade worth it for the skins , too many Athletic TE's coming out college . Having both would also provide us with depth . If a team offered a 1st and 3rd , ya I would make that trade .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #161
MTK
\m/

KWII was traded for a 2nd and a 5th, I think that's similar to what we could get for CC.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #162
Swarley
The Starter

For a 2nd rounder no. For a 1st and a 3rd, you'd be stupid not to consider it.
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #163
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
KWII was traded for a 2nd and a 5th, I think that's similar to what we could get for CC.
No dice for anything less than 1'st round or second and third rounder. Honestly though why would anyone in their right mind want to trade him? If nothing else this season has shown it's worth having two quality TE on your team. I love Yoder but he isn't going to make the big catches down the field and YACs like Davis is now. Great TE aren't a dime a dozen folks and 2 is better than one.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #164
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
He was nowhere near as productive as Cooley and missed a lot of playing time due to motorcycle accident and then a staph infection.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #165
wolfeskins
The Starter

it's silly to think anyone would give the skins a first and a third round pick for cooley or for anyone on the skins roster.(maybe orakpo).

keepers on offense:
cooley
davis
thomas
kelly
moss
campbell
dockery
heyer

everyone else is on the fence.