Recount Opinions

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-13-2016, 06:14 PM   #151
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Recount Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
lol ... reading the comments just makes me think: "Hi! We're the Left, and we still don't get it."

"We're not whiners! He is! Wahhhh!" Keep playing to his wheelhouse folks 'cause Honey Badger just don't give a sh**.
Ain't that the truth. I wish I was as capable of not giving a shit as he is, ignorance is bliss.

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #152
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Recount Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
What do you think of the fact the GOP holds the Presidency, the House and Senate and a majority of the Governships? Sounds landslide to me and a complete rejection of the Obama administration in general.

I think that all of those things have nothing to do with the landslide he kept referencing. Trump was referring to his majority over Hillary in the electoral college.
All of those other things tell me that any other republican nominee would have won in a landslide. Lol
Alot of republicans couldn't pull the trigger on Trump - same way alot of dems couldn't pull it on hillary.
We should be feeling the Bern.

Last edited by punch it in; 12-13-2016 at 06:56 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #153
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
You misunderstand me completely. Trump is not "in touch with reality." Rather, he creates his own reality and doesn't care if you, the left in general, or big media say he's wrong. He is talking over your heads to a group of people who think very differently than you.
Joe , how can knowing that the man who just got elected by preaching racism,bigotry and hatred to the highest position in the country not bother you?You admit he is "not in touch with reality" a small minority of voters voted him in and you seem fine with it.You make an assumption that Trump is talking over my head just becuase I didn't want him elected.Politics I can take or leave and living in Maryland I am use to the Democratic side of life and we manage to get Larry Hogan in and people love him both Dems and Republicans .Point is Trump is not about polotics ,Trump could very well get this country into a spot we will never get out .He did not know what the Nuclear Triad was,you are a smart man,how does this not scare you?
Old 12-13-2016, 08:03 PM   #154
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Thought people might like this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.20d3b0f6da57

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ker/?tid=a_inl
Old 12-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #155
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post

12,13,and 14 are precious. Lol
Old 12-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #156
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Joe , how can knowing that the man who just got elected by preaching racism,bigotry and hatred to the highest position in the country not bother you?You admit he is "not in touch with reality" a small minority of voters voted him in and you seem fine with it.You make an assumption that Trump is talking over my head just becuase I didn't want him elected.Politics I can take or leave and living in Maryland I am use to the Democratic side of life and we manage to get Larry Hogan in and people love him both Dems and Republicans .Point is Trump is not about polotics ,Trump could very well get this country into a spot we will never get out .He did not know what the Nuclear Triad was,you are a smart man,how does this not scare you?
I certainly hope so.

And Trump knows we have nuclear weapons.
His alleged non intimacy of a buzzword regarding such things is a bunch of stupid hype.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:33 AM   #157
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I certainly hope so.

And Trump knows we have nuclear weapons.
His alleged non intimacy of a buzzword regarding such things is a bunch of stupid hype.

"Buzzword",yeah.You need this as much as Trump does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_triad
Old 12-14-2016, 07:19 AM   #158
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Its a simple buzzword the media likes to use, and an outdated one at that.
I'm quite sure Trump knows we have delivery systems for nuclear weapons.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:56 AM   #159
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Its a simple buzzword the media likes to use, and an outdated one at that.

Well he didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGCWrAkDtbU
Old 12-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #160
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

And I'll reiterate that your gotcha buzzword is outdated and more suited for armchair generals.

Not many incoming presidents are pre-certified nuclear war strategists.
They all go to Joint Chiefs of Staff school right off the bat anyway.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #161
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

In defense of the fact that he did not know what the nuclear triad is he is not a rocket scientist Giant one! Lol.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:08 AM   #162
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Just face it you cannot argue with Trumpers. It does not matter that you have video proof. It just is not true!
Old 12-14-2016, 11:40 AM   #163
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Looks like the Hillary Youth doesnt know what a delivery system is.
That would be a submarine or a B-52 or an ICBM and what will be the 2018/2037 bomber.
The nuclear triad is a term that encapsulates the layered means we have of delivering nukes and a way to keep some of our nukes alive (which would most likely be our Ohio class subs) in the event of a necessary retaliatory strike.
I'm pretty sure all of our incoming presidents knew very little about it.
If you think Donald Trump doesnt know what an ICBM/B-52/missle sub does then you are a fool.
Yea, looks like he stumbled on knowing what a catch phrase/ military term is.
And in the video he appears to also dodge the term.
But you guys are just playing "gotcha" with a term.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:32 PM   #164
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
First, to be clear, and as CRed has already pointed out, Trump was not put in office by "a small minority of voters."

Trump is a demagogue. I dislike all demagogues b/c they play on emotion and seek to destroy thoughtful dialogue. When I said Trump is not in touch with reality, I was referring to his ability to completely manipulate facts or just outright deny facts as he sees fit. He then "creates his own reality" which justifies his actions, leaving his critics helplessly claiming "you can't do that." Too late, he has ... and while the left screams "see! see! he's doing it again!", Trump has moved on to his next reality creating moment. The left's Pavlovian, and equally clueless, reaction to this dog and pony show just amuses the crap out of me. Doesn't mean I think Trump is great guy, I just happen to love when "smug" gets smacked.

Trump said many things that were truly horrible, but I wouldn't characterize him as "preaching racism bigotry and hatred." There is a difference between making stupid remarks and actively "preaching" bigotry and hate. Hitler preached bigotry and hate, Trump did not. Again, as is often the case on the left, by lumping in offensive actions with those that are truly evil, real evil is marginalized and distorted. Trump may ultimately end up a fervent anti-democrat (small d) and adopt the worst of the nativist movement, but he is not a fascist and did not "preach" that kind of hate and bigotry.

Rather, in a very non-pc way, Trump has consistently said America must put Americans first. There are groups and individuals who will always find racism in that sentiment - nativism has long been the refuge of prejudice and ignorance. Given his "wink-wink, nod-nod" attitude toward these individuals and groups during the campaign and his statements about women, yes - I am more than a little concerned that he will end up deepening the rift that divides us in this country.

I am not Trump fanatic by any means. I have serious concerns about his Presidency - some that have been mentioned some that have not. At the same time, I don't believe the apocalypse is on its way or that he will "get this country into a spot we will never get out." Sorry, Trump is just not as dumb as the left seems to think he is.

My point throughout this has simply been to point out that, barring the apocalypse it so confidently predicts (of course, the left confidently predicted that Trump didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell in the first place), the left is bound to lose to him again in 2020 if they don't learn from 2016.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #165
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I do not understand your "smug" reference? Am I smug?
Also, if you keep calling him out you raise awareness. Eventually he will cross thee line, not just a line. Than all of the "look he's doing it again"s will pay dividends. It is when you just shut up and accept things that there truly is no hope.