Our next coach??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #151
redsk1
The Starter

Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
A Shanahan/Cutler reunion could happen in Chicago if they continue to slide. I'm wondering at this point if the fan base will be more excited by a name coach or by an unknown but well respected GM. I think as long as the Vinny/Zorn show mercifully ends we will all be happier.
I think as long as we hire a capable GM, i'll be happy w/ their decision. If VC is here I don't think I'll be happy no matter who our new coach is.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #152
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I was thinking along the same lines as you, only instead of Blache how about Jerry Gray?

I like Jerry Gray. He could be a candidate for many openings but purely from a fan standpoint, i just want a change. I can't take much more of the same team/coaches. We need a fresh start i think from the GM down.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #153
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Blache wanted to retire prior to the Zorn hiring. DS convinced him not too. I don't think there's much of a chance of Blache as a head coach.
Never say never, dude. That's all I'm saying. I don't think it's out of the question.

And the way Blache publicly defended Snyder has endeered him to Snyder for sure. Blache may not be many things, but loyal he is. I would say that's a quality Snyder values above all else.

I'm campaigning for Blache unless he says in no uncertain terms, he's not interested in being head coach of the Redskins.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #154
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I was thinking along the same lines as you, only instead of Blache how about Jerry Gray?
One of them, if not both, gets interviewd for sure in my opinion. Gray is a little more polished and can play the PR game better than Blache. Image is everything with Snyder, so I could see the appeal there. Gray is also younger than Blache, but either one secures some continuity on the defensive side of the ball.

If one of them get's promoted and the other leaves, I'd like to see Greg Manusky or DeWayne Walker come back to D.C.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #155
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I think the below list of teams will be looking for a new head coach next year and what coach they may get. I didn't put the Titans in this list because I think they are gonna turn it around and fisher will save his job. As for the bears they will keep lovie and maybe fire their offensive coordinator to bring a better offensive mind. The seahwawks will give Mora time:

Bills: Jim Haslett
Browns: Gregg Williams
Jags: Tony Dungy
Raiders: Mike Martz
Chargers: Ron Rivera
Cowboys: Mike Holmgren
Redskins: Mike Shannahan
Panthers: Bill Cowher
Old 11-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #156
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Listening to John Clayton this morning on ESPN. He said he thought Shanahan would end up in DC.........for what it's worth
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #157
over the mountain
Playmaker

cam cameron as HC, gray as DC?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #158
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
You mean 1-15 Cam Cameron? No thanks. But yes to Gray as DC.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #159
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
You just made SFREDSKIN's day!
Old 11-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #160
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Listening to John Clayton this morning on ESPN. He said he thought Shanahan would end up in DC.........for what it's worth
Yeah that's the general belief it seems. That Snyder will win the Shanahan sweepstakes and he'll come here as President/Head Coach (Cerrato could remain but in a non-decision making role); Bob Slowik will be the defensive coordinator, Kyle Shanahan will be the Asst. Head Coach-Offense/heir apparent. If Shanahan (Mike) wants the job, it's basically his.

Would be interesting though if the Texans fire Gary Kubiak. Which apparently is probably likely if they don't make the playoffs Maybe he comes here?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #161
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah that's the general belief it seems. That Snyder will win the Shanahan sweepstakes and he'll come here as President/Head Coach (Cerrato could remain but in a non-decision making role); Bob Slowik will be the defensive coordinator, Kyle Shanahan will be the Asst. Head Coach-Offense/heir apparent. If Shanahan (Mike) wants the job, it's basically his.

Would be interesting though if the Texans fire Gary Kubiak. Which apparently is probably likely if they don't make the playoffs Maybe he comes here?
Kubiak and Zorn are like the exact same coach. I'm so very tired of game-management gaffes.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #162
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

So basically is Shanhan comes here, that puts Campbell on the market so he can make a push for Leinart.

But you think they get rid of Gray/Blache too?

Also, could this possibly rejuvenate Portis' career for at least a season?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #163
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You mean 1-15 Cam Cameron? No thanks. But yes to Gray as DC.
honestly im starting to think we are not going to get one of the big names like shanahan, cowher, holmgren, gruden or schottenheimer (sp?).

shanny has declined us already (i think, at least at this stage), cowher has named teams not named the skins as interests, gruden extended with espn but i assume their is a clause allowing him to break K to coach again, holmgren wont touch this place w/ what they did to zorn, same for schotty.

i think with the way the DS does biz and treats coaches not named joe gibbs, no coach with a proven track record will come here. we will have to find another jim zorn (cam cameron/russ grimm) or take a jim fassel/brian billick/steve mariuchi unwanted type coach.

honestly, after what happened to marty, then the smear campaign against gregg williams, then the public castration of zorn . . .what coach with any amount of respect would come here? i think there was a reason zorn was named HC two years ago and i think what has happened to zorn only reinforced the impressions and notions other coaches had of what to expect if they came.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:08 PM   #164
12thMan
MVP

Even with the Shanhan rumors flying, I wouldn't rule out Jerry Gray or Greg Blache being considered as candidates behind closed doors.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #165
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
doesnt the broncos owe shanahan 7 mil next year and shanahan if shanahan gets a new HC job then the broncos dont have to pay him?

so the skins would have to poay shanahan more than 7 mil for the 1st year just for shan to consider it. but maybe we will pay him 10 mil b/c he could have 2 job titles.

shoot, what about jimmy johnson at this stage? (j/k)