Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Greg Blache needs to be held accountable!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #151
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Greg Blache needs to be held accountable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I don't think he's getting a free pass. But people that think the defense is a bigger problem than the offense needs to get their head out of their ass.
When you spent a ton of money on the defense, both the players and the coaches are going to hear criticism. Personally I think both the defense and offense equally share the blame for the team's lack of success, oh yeah and the coaches too.
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #152
Green1
Special Teams

He just needs to blitz more. Hey works for the Jets
Old 09-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #153
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
When you spent a ton of money on the defense, both the players and the coaches are going to hear criticism. Personally I think both the defense and offense equally share the blame for the team's lack of success, oh yeah and the coaches too.
I think the people responsible for bringing in and paying those players are the ones to blame. One is not a professional and doesn't take his job seriously enough to get in game shape, and the other has been a cancer whereever he's been, plus he sucks.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #154
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I think the people responsible for bringing in and paying those players are the ones to blame. One is not a professional and doesn't take his job seriously enough to get in game shape, and the other has been a cancer whereever he's been, plus he sucks.
I guess you're just gonna run with that take all year. He's in the same shape he was in while with the Titans, and he's played over 70% of the snaps this year.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #155
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
See there you go again, trying to pin this on one thing or person. Why are people so hell bent on doing this? What about the other players on the defense? They are getting paid too you know. And what has Hall done lately to call him a cancer? And if Haynesworth was so out of shape, how come he was able to be the factor in stopping a RB (Jacobs) that ran all over our team last year? For every Haynesworth and Hall that you complain about, I can bring you a Rogers and Landry (both drafted by the Redskins) who should be bringing their A game but they are not.

This is the problem with fans and the media, they just want to find that ONE thing that is causing trouble, when the WHOLE organization is fucking up.

I'm sorry but if Haynesworth and Hall were the only ones fucking up, I'd be with you on that one, don't be so shallow and try to blame this mess on one thing.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #156
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
See there you go again, trying to pin this on one thing or person. Why are people so hell bent on doing this? What about the other players on the defense? They are getting paid too you know. And what has Hall done lately to call him a cancer? And if Haynesworth was so out of shape, how come he was able to be the factor in stopping a RB (Jacobs) that ran all over our team last year? For every Haynesworth and Hall that you complain about, I can bring you a Rogers and Landry (both drafted by the Redskins) who should be bringing their A game but they are not.

This is the problem with fans and the media, they just want to find that ONE thing that is causing trouble, when the WHOLE organization is fucking up.

I'm sorry but if Haynesworth and Hall were the only ones fucking up, I'd be with you on that one, don't be so shallow and try to blame this mess on one thing.
It's not all on one person. It's a few people. I've never ever blamed just one person. Actually if you've read my posts I blame the offense more than the defense.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #157
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Actually it's our core guys. The guys we have are just not good enough to be a top NFL team. Both on offense and defense.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #158
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Haynesworth is horribly out of shape. But when he takes on double teams the other guys ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Haynesworth is a known quantity. It was known prior to his signing that you will get 100% from him on about 65-70% of defensive snaps over the course of the year. In those snaps he gives 100%, he's a huge difference maker.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #159
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
[/b]

that's just your opinion but the so called experts that I've heard think he's done a good job.
Who are these "experts"? How many Redskins games have they reviewed on DVR or with actual game film? Have they looked at out defensive stats other than yards & points?
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #160
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Who are these "experts"? How many Redskins games have they reviewed on DVR or with actual game film? Have they looked at out defensive stats other than yards & points?
I've listened to Doc Walker, Trevor Matich, B Mitch. But honestly I don't need to listen to them to know that even though the defense has looked spotty and isn't getting off the field we haven't given up a lot of points. And I really don't care about stats. Stats are for losers IMO. The bottom line is are teams scoring a ton of points on us? That was the case in 06. Have we given up 30 points to anyone? It's bend but don't break. I wish we had a defense like Balt or Pitts but we don't.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #161
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I guess you're just gonna run with that take all year. He's in the same shape he was in while with the Titans, and he's played over 70% of the snaps this year.
I don't have a problem w/ Haynesworth. He's over paid and a bit out of shape but he's honestly not where the problem lies. If you think he's in shape then so be it.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #162
wilsowilso

Quote:
I've listened to Doc Walker, Trevor Matich, B Mitch. But honestly I don't need to listen to them to know that even though the defense has looked spotty and isn't getting off the field we haven't given up a lot of points. And I really don't care about stats. Stats are for losers IMO. The bottom line is are teams scoring a ton of points on us? That was the case in 06. Have we given up 30 points to anyone? It's bend but don't break. I wish we had a defense like Balt or Pitts but we don't.
I have no idea why you are trying to defend the play of the defense?

They are playing like a bunch of clowns probably because they are coached by a clown, but with that amount of talent they should be ashamed of themselves.

They stink.

London Fletcher is the only player who gets a complete free pass because he is and always has been a beast.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #163
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
New theory: you are Greg Blache.

Points are a stat, dude. I know how much it pains you to admit when I'm right, but we actually probably agree on more things than you think (Namely, that the defense has fundamental talent flaws).

But that doesn't mean Blache (you?) is doing a great job. He's not.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:34 PM   #164
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
If you make arguments based on generalities with no evidence to back them up then I guess there's no need for stats.

Stats are a record of what happened in each game, stats by themselves don't tell much, it's the interpretation of these stats that's important. For example, as you stated the D isn't getting off the field. Time of Possession and 3rd down % (worst in NFL) back that up. More importantly is "Why?".

I've been taking much more time this week looking at the game and I will be posting my thoughts tomorrow. But from what I've seen so far, a great deal of what is wrong with the defense has to do with Blache and his scheme rather than talent level. A "bend but don't break" D is not what this team needs. You play a bend don't break when your talent level across the board is sub-par from your opponent and you have no choice but to try to hold in the RZ where it's tougher on the O.

Sub-par talent across the board isn't the case with the Redskins. We have Pro Bowl caliber players up the middle at each level.

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post597944

FWIW, here's what I thought after the Giants. From looking at the first half of the Lions game (I'll finish the rest tonight) it appears it's more of the same:

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post590762

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post590657

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post590535

So you don't think I'm just bashing Blache, here's my thoughts on the Rams game:

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post593263
Old 09-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #165
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
New theory: you are Greg Blache.

Points are a stat, dude. I know how much it pains you to admit when I'm right, but we actually probably agree on more things than you think (Namely, that the defense has fundamental talent flaws).

But that doesn't mean Blache (you?) is doing a great job. He's not.
LOL. No I'm not Greg Blache. I think his defense sucked on Sun. He needs to make adjustments. I never said he did a great job did I? However points is THE MOST IMPORTANT stat in football. Cause how much you score and how much you give up determines if you win or not. And although the defense sucked they gave up 19 points. I expect our offense to score more than that against Det. I expect our offense to score TD's when they have the ball on the 2 YARD LINE. Now I realize Det. played keep away but that's no excuse. Miami played keep away from Indy last week and Indy STILL WON. Explain that to me please???? To me it's still goes back to the same old thing. The defense bends and rarely breaks and the offense can't score TD's. And you can twist it anyway you want with your nerdy stats, but what I'm saying is the truth and that shows up in the MOST IMPORTANT STAT.... points scored vs. points given up.
Closed Thread