Our next coach??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if we fired Zorn and hired Blache to take over full time. I'm surprised his name hasn't bubbled to the top. Bring in a new O-coordinator and retain Sherm Lewis. I know Blache has talked about retiring, but money talks and you would maintain some sense of continuity on the defensive side of the ball.

If Blache steps up or is even offered the deal, then I wouldn't mind us going after Greg Manusky for the 49ers to be our D-Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach. At the very least, I think Blache and Sherm Lewis get an interview because of the Rooney Rule.
I was thinking along the same lines as you, only instead of Blache how about Jerry Gray?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I was thinking along the same lines as you, only instead of Blache how about Jerry Gray?

I like Jerry Gray. He could be a candidate for many openings but purely from a fan standpoint, i just want a change. I can't take much more of the same team/coaches. We need a fresh start i think from the GM down.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
One of them, if not both, gets interviewd for sure in my opinion. Gray is a little more polished and can play the PR game better than Blache. Image is everything with Snyder, so I could see the appeal there. Gray is also younger than Blache, but either one secures some continuity on the defensive side of the ball.

If one of them get's promoted and the other leaves, I'd like to see Greg Manusky or DeWayne Walker come back to D.C.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
A Shanahan/Cutler reunion could happen in Chicago if they continue to slide. I'm wondering at this point if the fan base will be more excited by a name coach or by an unknown but well respected GM. I think as long as the Vinny/Zorn show mercifully ends we will all be happier.
I think as long as we hire a capable GM, i'll be happy w/ their decision. If VC is here I don't think I'll be happy no matter who our new coach is.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
A Shanahan/Cutler reunion could happen in Chicago if they continue to slide. I'm wondering at this point if the fan base will be more excited by a name coach or by an unknown but well respected GM. I think as long as the Vinny/Zorn show mercifully ends we will all be happier.
Probably more likely that you'll see someone like Leslie Frazier take over as head coach in Chicago, and maybe someone like Jeremy Bates reunites with Cutler to be OC. With the amount of money they are paying Lovie Smith over the next two years it'd be tough for them to pay Smith and Shanahan
Old 11-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

Yeah if the Bears continue to crash & burn there could be a change there at HC.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I think the below list of teams will be looking for a new head coach next year and what coach they may get. I didn't put the Titans in this list because I think they are gonna turn it around and fisher will save his job. As for the bears they will keep lovie and maybe fire their offensive coordinator to bring a better offensive mind. The seahwawks will give Mora time:

Bills: Jim Haslett
Browns: Gregg Williams
Jags: Tony Dungy
Raiders: Mike Martz
Chargers: Ron Rivera
Cowboys: Mike Holmgren
Redskins: Mike Shannahan
Panthers: Bill Cowher
Old 11-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Listening to John Clayton this morning on ESPN. He said he thought Shanahan would end up in DC.........for what it's worth
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Listening to John Clayton this morning on ESPN. He said he thought Shanahan would end up in DC.........for what it's worth
Yeah that's the general belief it seems. That Snyder will win the Shanahan sweepstakes and he'll come here as President/Head Coach (Cerrato could remain but in a non-decision making role); Bob Slowik will be the defensive coordinator, Kyle Shanahan will be the Asst. Head Coach-Offense/heir apparent. If Shanahan (Mike) wants the job, it's basically his.

Would be interesting though if the Texans fire Gary Kubiak. Which apparently is probably likely if they don't make the playoffs Maybe he comes here?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #10
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Yeah that's the general belief it seems. That Snyder will win the Shanahan sweepstakes and he'll come here as President/Head Coach (Cerrato could remain but in a non-decision making role); Bob Slowik will be the defensive coordinator, Kyle Shanahan will be the Asst. Head Coach-Offense/heir apparent. If Shanahan (Mike) wants the job, it's basically his.

Would be interesting though if the Texans fire Gary Kubiak. Which apparently is probably likely if they don't make the playoffs Maybe he comes here?
Kubiak and Zorn are like the exact same coach. I'm so very tired of game-management gaffes.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #11
12thMan
MVP

Quote:

So basically is Shanhan comes here, that puts Campbell on the market so he can make a push for Leinart.

But you think they get rid of Gray/Blache too?

Also, could this possibly rejuvenate Portis' career for at least a season?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
So basically is Shanhan comes here, that puts Campbell on the market so he can make a push for Leinart.

But you think they get rid of Gray/Blache too?

Also, could this possibly rejuvenate Portis' career for at least a season?
If Shanahan comes here, then all indications are that Bob Slowik will take over as defensive coordinator so I don't know where that would leave Gray and Blache.

Yeah Leinart is a possibility, but there's also the possibility that they go for the less expensive route and make a trade for Rosenfels who would hold down the fort for a year.

It's so hard to say right now. So many possible openings coming up this spring-Bills, Browns, Bears, Raiders, Texans, Bucs, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Jaguars, Seahawks-all these teams and more could be going after new coaches.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #13
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

But why would Snyder ( or anyone else) give Shanahan total control when he had that at Denver and did a below average job? I just don't understand the love for this guy. Great game day coach/coordinator but let's get the right personel people on board and let them pick the players.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #14
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
But why would Snyder ( or anyone else) give Shanahan total control when he had that at Denver and did a below average job? I just don't understand the love for this guy. Great game day coach/coordinator but let's get the right personel people on board and let them pick the players.
I don't get it either. I think basically what's happening is there are a lot of teams who want him as the head coach and he's basically saying well if you want that then you have to take the general manager in me too. And if they say no, then it's no skin off his back. He's getting paid for two more years by the Broncos.

I've said many times I'm not an advocate of bringing him here because it would mean he's in charge of personnel. I'd feel more comfortable with him as coach and Vinny calling the shots.

I'm hoping we lose out to the Cowboys, Chargers, Texans, Bears, whoever. Sure, people will say "Typical Snyder meddling couldn't land him the big name." But this is a case where the big name isn't the better name.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #15
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
i dont want shanahan as our HC and GM but im not sure i'd label the roster he put together in denver below average.

brandon marshall - 3rd rounder?
clady - 1st rounder, looking like a franchise LT
cutler - probowl, got 2 1st rounders for him
dumbervil (sp?) - league leader in sacks right now, 4th rounder?

im not sure exactly when and where these guys and others were drafted, and i havent done any research on the broncos, but thats a pretty good list off the top of my head. (again i am not sure if this is entirely accurate and im sure im leaving out some other solid picks/signings as well as some busts).