Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-14-2023, 09:53 AM   #151
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: Josh Harris = New Owner!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Glad it’s Harris and Magic team .. not a Bezos fan
The one thing going for Bezos was he has the money to buy the team, build a stadium and new facilties without the need to take out massive loans to fund his billionaire lifestyle. I just hope the new guys aren't going to be getting into huge debt just to buy the team, leaving them struggling to fund the needed improvements. Fortunately they dont look like they need the team to support their lifestyle which was one of many things wrong with Snyder.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-14-2023, 11:52 AM   #152
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
IMO, Snyder always seemed to give off a "Napoleon complex" type vibe.
He's the embodiment of the Napoleon complex if you ask me ^^

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2023, 12:17 PM   #153
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

Of this group, I think you're uniquely qualified to make that assessment. When this happens, you need to post that picture you posted a number of years ago at your first game with an appropriate new caption.

I'm trying not to be giddy until it is a done deal and the process of washing the Snyder stench of this franchise is truly underway. I just wish there was some way to make the wealthy little git as miserable after his ownership as he made us all during it. And for at least as many years.

Last edited by calia; 04-14-2023 at 12:52 PM.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 12:51 PM   #154
MTK
\m/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2023, 02:38 PM   #155
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

Old 04-14-2023, 03:10 PM   #156
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha!

Snyder is…what Sheehan has said…he is a jock sniffer.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 04:46 PM   #157
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Of this group, I think you're uniquely qualified to make that assessment. When this happens, you need to post that picture you posted a number of years ago at your first game with an appropriate new caption.

I'm trying not to be giddy until it is a done deal and the process of washing the Snyder stench of this franchise is truly underway. I just wish there was some way to make the wealthy little git as miserable after his ownership as he made us all during it. And for at least as many years.

That is the one thing that is still bothering me. I need Dan Snyder to be absolutely miserable for the next 30 years. But with 6 billion dollars that is going to be tough. He absolutely must know that everyone is elated but I doubt that bothers him. He will sail off into the sunset but my hatred of the man will follow me for the rest of my life.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 06:55 PM   #158
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
That is the one thing that is still bothering me. I need Dan Snyder to be absolutely miserable for the next 30 years. But with 6 billion dollars that is going to be tough. He absolutely must know that everyone is elated but I doubt that bothers him. He will sail off into the sunset but my hatred of the man will follow me for the rest of my life.
I don't think he's a generally happy person. Money didn't really seem to change that, so I imagine more money is not going to make a big difference either.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 07:40 PM   #159
AnonEmouse
The Starter

How much of that $6B is going towards paying off his debts? Ultimately I think that's why he sold, he'd probably be bankrupt before he got to hand it down to his kids. Sure he'll have a lot in the bank when the dust settle, but his rep is shot and he probably won't see much success after this.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 07:46 PM   #160
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
IMO, Snyder always seemed to give off a "Napoleon complex" type vibe.
This is exactly why I hate the name Commanders - it will be forever linked in my mind to a picture of DS standing in a Napoleonic pose.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 08:37 PM   #161
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You can be rich and miserable. And I'd wager he's not a happy person.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 06:07 AM   #162
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I feel kinda lukewarm to not really caring. This entire thing is so anti climatic. I just don't care- sadly.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 08:05 AM   #163
rocnrik
Playmaker

It ain’t anti climatic for me … he is on his way out, gone,finished,see ya,don’t let the door..,nah.. nah Goodbye!, We now can only hope the New owners live up to our expectations..😳.. which they won’t😀! Winning is the ONLY thing that will bring this team ( whatever the name may be..) back to respectability..
I would not fire Ron or make any changes in staff .. these guys stayed in the trenches and did as good as they could while working for the WORST owner maybe of all time !! Let’s see them under hopefully light years better ownership ..

Things that need to happen .. New stadium,Get our fans in the seats( winning does that) .. find out if we have QB because without that nothing matters .. all the talk about name change etc is not important at all to me .. unless there is some name that was never brought up in the last search ( I never liked any of them ) .. and rest assured if the name had not been changed from Redskins .. this new owner team would do it now !
If Snyder leaving doesn’t get a fan fired up then I’m not sure what will… maybe winning??
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 09:07 AM   #164
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
It ain’t anti climatic for me … he is on his way out, gone,finished,see ya,don’t let the door..,nah.. nah Goodbye!, We now can only hope the New owners live up to our expectations..😳.. which they won’t😀! Winning is the ONLY thing that will bring this team ( whatever the name may be..) back to respectability..
I would not fire Ron or make any changes in staff .. these guys stayed in the trenches and did as good as they could while working for the WORST owner maybe of all time !! Let’s see them under hopefully light years better ownership ..

Things that need to happen .. New stadium,Get our fans in the seats( winning does that) .. find out if we have QB because without that nothing matters .. all the talk about name change etc is not important at all to me .. unless there is some name that was never brought up in the last search ( I never liked any of them ) .. and rest assured if the name had not been changed from Redskins .. this new owner team would do it now !
If Snyder leaving doesn’t get a fan fired up then I’m not sure what will… maybe winning??
For me the first thing is getting rid of every single thing Dan Snyder. That means Jason Wright, Ron, Jack, Mayhew, Doug, Marty Hurney, Eric B, the entire marketing staff, outside marketing staff that worked w/ the team on the rebrand, Commanders, uniforms, the janitorial staff. It needs to be a total house cleaning. Just like when Dan took over, he fired everyone. That exact same thing needs to happen this time around. I do think at the end of the season Eric B should get a shot at the head job- meaning give him an interview.

I really don't care to see Majic Johnson being pushed out in front of us like he is going to be making football decisions. We all know he's just a prop w/ a very small piece of the team. We've seen enough of that shit w/ Doug.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 11:44 AM   #165
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
For me the first thing is getting rid of every single thing Dan Snyder. That means Jason Wright, Ron, Jack, Mayhew, Doug, Marty Hurney, Eric B, the entire marketing staff, outside marketing staff that worked w/ the team on the rebrand, Commanders, uniforms, the janitorial staff. It needs to be a total house cleaning. Just like when Dan took over, he fired everyone. That exact same thing needs to happen this time around. I do think at the end of the season Eric B should get a shot at the head job- meaning give him an interview.

I really don't care to see Majic Johnson being pushed out in front of us like he is going to be making football decisions. We all know he's just a prop w/ a very small piece of the team. We've seen enough of that shit w/ Doug.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote