Parkland Shooting

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-25-2022, 11:35 AM   #151
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Parkland Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sandy Hook was 10 years ago and we can't even get bipartisan gun control measures in place. What the fuck are we doing?
This is so true. Gun control needs to be at the national level, local level just doesn't work but the data shows at a national level it does. The NRA is a problem being a divisive wedge that it used to not be. Bipartisan politics are also a major problem. While I agree with the hard line Democrats tend to take with assault weapons we need to start somewhere. The dems have clear control of congress and White House. There are still a few moderate republicans left. They seriously need to sit down with Manchin, Sinema, Collins, Murkowski, Romney and find what they can support in terms of gun control. If it is a baby step so be it.

Texas and Uvalde County also deserve a lot of blame. An elementary school with 1,100 students? That is a problem. A school where there is outside access by anybody other the faculty? That is a problem. Lack of SROs? That is a problem.

Advertisements
Old 05-25-2022, 11:38 AM   #152
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I could post the blood money to pro abortion groups.

Like I’ve said before, if you don’t support locking up folks caught with an illegal gun the first time with mandatory sentences then you actually don’t care about gun violence in this country. As all the data shows, the majority of people who commit gun crime illegally posses the fire arm. Start here and enforce the laws on the books.
Do you just pull irrelevant shit out of your ass or did you get your Foxnews talking points mixed up.

This gunman legally owned a gun in a red state that enforces these laws.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:44 AM   #153
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Texas and Uvalde County also deserve a lot of blame. An elementary school with 1,100 students? That is a problem. A school where there is outside access by anybody other the faculty? That is a problem. Lack of SROs? That is a problem.
Republicans wet dream, Donald Trump Elementary!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:56 AM   #154
Schneed10
A Dude

Chico sometimes you expose yourself as egregiously uninformed.

This gunman was shot at by law enforcement before he even entered the school. WTF is a school resource officer going to do?

There are crazy people in every country. There is racism in every country. There are poor people from rough upbringings in every country. But mass shootings only happen here. Because of access to guns. That's it, that's the difference.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:36 PM   #155
MTK
\m/

Old 05-25-2022, 01:12 PM   #156
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Republicans wet dream, Donald Trump Elementary!
I did walk into that.... My school district requires outside doors to be locked. That doesn't mean we can't go outside but every visitor must be let in separately. They can't just walk in if they feel like it. It is a preventative measure for myriad of societal issues: active assailants, drug dealers, legal custodial issues (this is the most common) among others. It is not the same as school was in the 20th century that is for sure.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:16 PM   #157
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Chico sometimes you expose yourself as egregiously uninformed.

This gunman was shot at by law enforcement before he even entered the school. WTF is a school resource officer going to do?

There are crazy people in every country. There is racism in every country. There are poor people from rough upbringings in every country. But mass shootings only happen here. Because of access to guns. That's it, that's the difference.
Yeah like that came out a couple hours ago…so not just got up to date with the latest info this morning. I def think security for schools would help deter soft targets and protect these kids.

Also looks like he passed two background checks, But I don’t have a problem with the HR-8 background legislation that’s out there.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 01:23 PM   #158
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Do you just pull irrelevant shit out of your ass or did you get your Foxnews talking points mixed up.

This gunman legally owned a gun in a red state that enforces these laws.
If he had a handgun, I don’t think that’s legally possessed in Texas.

Yes, mandatory jail time for illegally possession of a gun. I don’t see a problem as there is clear correlation with gun crime and folks who commit it are overwhelming using an illegal weapon.

You think it’s ok Jamf to walk around with an illegal weapon? Concealed too? I don’t know, I believe in filling up those jails with criminals.

He Gets Us
Old 05-25-2022, 02:06 PM   #159
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Here are some stories of who the victims are:

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...hool-shooting/
Old 05-25-2022, 02:22 PM   #160
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Here are some stories of who the victims are:

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...hool-shooting/
Just terrible and sad. How could someone do this to children just beyond any reason.

He Gets Us
Old 05-25-2022, 03:18 PM   #161
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm sure a school safety officer or a teacher with a gun would have fared a lot better
Body Armor, why the hell should the public be allowed to buy body armor? There is a effing red flag right there!
Old 05-25-2022, 07:37 PM   #162
mredskins
Gamebreaker

https://apple.news/ARMixKYV-T6G7-s0gN3pDZw

This shooter was never on any radar. Not much we as a society can do if a suddenly sane person snaps.

Obviously no guns in our country would have thrown a wrench in his plans but we are so saturated with gums now it’s nearly impossible to rid our country of guns.

State officials on Wednesday said Ramos wasn’t well known to law enforcement before the shooting and had no documented mental health issues and no known arrest record. If Ramos had a juvenile criminal record, it’s possible officials wouldn’t have access to it.
Old 05-26-2022, 08:03 AM   #163
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

The Onion knocked it out of the park yesterday and today. https://www.theonion.com/

Normally the headline the day after a mass shooting in the U.S. is the location of the shooting and:

"'No way to prevent this,' says only nation where this regularly happens

They made every link on the page to a different version they ran with the different cities mass shootings have taken place. Then they had some great satirical articles towards the NRA.

https://www.theonion.com/report-uval...ing-1848976025

https://www.theonion.com/nra-sets-1-...t-w-1819573533

https://www.theonion.com/nra-publish...g-a-1830418497

It goes on and on. Bravo Onion Bravo
Old 05-26-2022, 09:01 AM   #164
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
https://apple.news/ARMixKYV-T6G7-s0gN3pDZw

This shooter was never on any radar. Not much we as a society can do if a suddenly sane person snaps.

Obviously no guns in our country would have thrown a wrench in his plans but we are so saturated with gums now it’s nearly impossible to rid our country of guns.

State officials on Wednesday said Ramos wasn’t well known to law enforcement before the shooting and had no documented mental health issues and no known arrest record. If Ramos had a juvenile criminal record, it’s possible officials wouldn’t have access to it.
Drug addict mother and father not in his life, that’s the base recipe for mental anguish. The Buffalo shooter, spent his Covid lockdowns teenage years getting radicalized in popular racist corners of the internet. In looking at mass shooters, a lot of these people are so young..17-18-19-20. Also the rise in crime in large cities have been driven by young offenders. The rise in car jackings…driven by offender 14,15,16.

He Gets Us
Old 05-26-2022, 10:38 AM   #165
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Drug addict mother and father not in his life, that’s the base recipe for mental anguish. The Buffalo shooter, spent his Covid lockdowns teenage years getting radicalized in popular racist corners of the internet. In looking at mass shooters, a lot of these people are so young..17-18-19-20. Also the rise in crime in large cities have been driven by young offenders. The rise in car jackings…driven by offender 14,15,16.
That alone is not getting you on any watch list. My point was specific to this texas shooter there was really no signs he was going to do this.

There is a interview with his grandfather, kudos to that guy for coming out and facing the fire, sounds like he is ex criminal but has turned his life around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is5OE9qKB74

Again this is a sucker punch no one saw coming. My only answer would be that every school in America must act as though this sucker punch is coming and be prepared on a daily basis. I don't know that specific school's protocols but somehow the shooter got in. My kids schools are heavily locked down and both have officers there all day, still nothing is 100%.