Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 07-15-2015, 10:42 PM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

What REALLY grinds your gears?

Im not sure what you mean by insulting. I certainly could care less who wants to wear what, or whether someone is trans, strait, gay, bi, or whatever. I think everybody deserves to be happy and i hope that Jenner helps alot of people by coming out. Just not sure that when you take the publicity /money/ into account that I consider her so "courageous ".
What is insulting is that ESPN or ABC expect me to believe that they are more moved by Jenners story than the countless other courageous stories out there and that this has nothing to do with ratings or money. Last time i checked the network had plenty of money before this just like Jenner.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...ry.html#page=2

Last edited by punch it in; 07-15-2015 at 11:08 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Jenner had plenty of $ before all this. Calling it a money grab is a little insulting.
well we are talking about the most self exploitive family in the country over the last 10 years maybe all time, unfortunately its in the conversation. To say they are not extemely calculating is naive. Im generally sick of everything kardashian, so Ill hate the family while not hating the cause of which they standing for. I support the equality Cait is seeking, but i really dont know how geniune it really is.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
well we are talking about the most self exploitive family in the country over the last 10 years maybe all time, unfortunately its in the conversation. To say they are not extemely calculating is naive. Im generally sick of everything kardashian, so Ill hate the family while not hating the cause of which they standing for. I support the equality Cait is seeking, but i really dont know how geniune it really is.
I just find it hard to believe it's all an act or just a money grab. There's many easier ways to seek attention or money.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #4
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Last I heard, Caitlin was courageous to an expected tune of.......500m
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

This isn't that high on the scale of "grinding gears" but I don't want to start a new thread for this. What is it with companies over-promising and under-delivering? Case in point "Prime Day." I would probably be more pissed if I paid 100 for a subscription only to see the weak sales but I was definitely expecting more from a company usually known for quality, especially since it was saying it would be bigger than Black Friday.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #6
JPPT1974
Special Teams

But really Jim Kelly is an inspiration to fight cancer as believe me I have had way too many family members, loved ones fight it. One aunt succumbed to it two years ago.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:56 PM   #7
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

If you want to see courage......walk through the Cancer ward at any children's hospital.
We throw around words like courage and hero way to freely in this country.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:35 AM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
If you want to see courage......walk through the Cancer ward at any children's hospital.

We throw around words like courage and hero way to freely in this country.

Amen
Old 07-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #9
over the mountain
Playmaker

Jenner clearly grinds some gears.

I have 2 oldies but goodies:

1. people on the road who speed up and honk their horn when you indicate that you are going to attempt to safely merge in front of them. If you need to speed up and are blaring your horn for a few seconds just to make, what is otherwise, a normal merge/lane change a closer call .... you have issues.

I had at least 10 car lengths to merge. Before i even started to merge I hear this horn constantly blaring. I start my merge and complete my merge and still hear this horn honking. i look in my rear view and apparently this white 700 series BMW and its old lady driver was the one honking her horn. she was soo far back when i started my merge, i was like "come on man!".

2. people who leave a ton of space in front of them STOPPED at an intersection and dont pull up when they are the car that is otherwise blocking you from getting into the wide open left turn lane.

yesterday, if this SUV just pulled up 3 feet, i would have had room to get into the left turn lane but the SUV in front of me was just blocking me enough. i watched the left turn arrow go from green to red but i didnt mind bc i assumed that there was another car in front of the SUV that i couldnt see and that is why the SUV didnt move up appropriately .... but no, apparently the SUV left a good 3 car spaces open in front of it.

i dont mind the minor inattentiveness. im not asking cars to squeeze right up on the bumper of the car in front of them BUT SOME SENSE OF FUCKING AWARENESS WOULD BE NICE!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #10
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Jenner clearly grinds some gears.

I have 2 oldies but goodies:

1. people on the road who speed up and honk their horn when you indicate that you are going to attempt to safely merge in front of them. If you need to speed up and are blaring your horn for a few seconds just to make, what is otherwise, a normal merge/lane change a closer call .... you have issues.

I had at least 10 car lengths to merge. Before i even started to merge I hear this horn constantly blaring. I start my merge and complete my merge and still hear this horn honking. i look in my rear view and apparently this white 700 series BMW and its old lady driver was the one honking her horn. she was soo far back when i started my merge, i was like "come on man!".

2. people who leave a ton of space in front of them STOPPED at an intersection and dont pull up when they are the car that is otherwise blocking you from getting into the wide open left turn lane.

yesterday, if this SUV just pulled up 3 feet, i would have had room to get into the left turn lane but the SUV in front of me was just blocking me enough. i watched the left turn arrow go from green to red but i didnt mind bc i assumed that there was another car in front of the SUV that i couldnt see and that is why the SUV didnt move up appropriately .... but no, apparently the SUV left a good 3 car spaces open in front of it.

i dont mind the minor inattentiveness. im not asking cars to squeeze right up on the bumper of the car in front of them BUT SOME SENSE OF FUCKING AWARENESS WOULD BE NICE!!

I have often regretted not being a traffic cop so i could fuck with those d-bags!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:07 PM   #11
tomahawk134
Camp Scrub

Telemarketers who call offering their BS, even after signed up for non-telemarketing calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk134 View Post
Telemarketers who call offering their BS, even after signed up for non-telemarketing calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You just gotta flip the script. Watch the YT videos where they prank the telemarketers, they're pretty funny. Alternatively stop picking up the phone if you don't recognize the number. If it's important they'll leave a voicemail.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:58 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jersey bros at obx beaches. Keep it at the jersey shore

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:26 PM   #14
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Jersey bros at obx beaches. Keep it at the jersey shore

Woah woah woah! Lol. Dont confuse the trash from North Jersey and New York with the fine folks from the Jersey Shore. Those d-bags invade our beaches too!
Old 07-20-2015, 05:14 AM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Woah woah woah! Lol. Dont confuse the trash from North Jersey and New York with the fine folks from the Jersey Shore. Those d-bags invade our beaches too!

I've been saying this since that effing show came on TV!I wouldn't even include the North New Jersey People ,the Quido's from Staten Island ,Long(a) Island and NY and Philly have been screwing up the New Jersey Shore for years,about time they go somewhere else .