What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 04-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #1576
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
How come when you accidentally bite the inside of your lip while chewing, chances are you'll do it again minutes later? I bit the shit outta my lip 3 times in a span of about 5 minutes today.
I fawking hate that! I think because the intail bite swells up your inner lip.

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #1577
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Had a small oil leak with a car I just bought and took it to my mechanic. He called and said my oil filter wasn't screwed on tight. Got my oil changed by jiffy lube lil over 3 weeks ago before my vacation. My gears were grinding, literally. I'm pissed.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #1578
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Had a small oil leak with a car I just bought and took it to my mechanic. He called and said my oil filter wasn't screwed on tight. Got my oil changed by jiffy lube lil over 3 weeks ago before my vacation. My gears were grinding, literally. I'm pissed.
my buddy used to work at jiffy lube. he had zero prior mechanic experience but he was a big burly dude who looked like a mechanic.

he would come home covered in oil with burns all down his arms for the first few weeks until someone told him about using this item called an oil pan. supposedly thats where the hot oil was supposed to go.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #1579
over the mountain
Playmaker

people who use their windshield wiper fluid on the highway. an audi got me pretty good this morning on the beltway.

im kinda torn on this. its just water/wiper fluid and unless my car was just washed i dont think it leaves any spots BUT the audi certainly has to know that he/she is going to get a good amount of spray on the car behind them and it is an unwanted offensive touching (however slight) on another persons property.

i guess the tipping point for me to not like it is that the audi had to have known but does it anyway.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #1580
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Okay. I have:
- 3 substantive motions due Tuesday, May 27th (A motion to dismiss, a motion for summary judgment, and a motion for injunctive relief - all in Federal Court);
- A Response due on June 3rd in a Privilege Log dispute in case with over 5,000 pages of discovery and over 100 Privilege Log entries.
- Two depositions in the next two days and four more on June 10, 11 (and meeting with clients on June 9 to prep them for their depos - the June depos involve Federal discrimination claims and have produced 10K pages of documents);
- To top it all off, I have two-week trial beginning June 16th (unrelated to any of the above).

It's a sh** ton of work in a very short time. Hard work is fine, it's a challenge. I fully intend to come out victorious in everything at issue. Game on man. The work is not what's grinding my gears ...

I have spent only three hours today (I got into the office at 7:00 a.m. and am still here) doing MY work BECAUSE at 8:30 with the first mail delivery an Order comes from one of circuit courts saying that, because one of the attorneys I supervise failed to respond, he is now compelled to provide certain discovery information within 10 days AND the court indicates it will permit an order of attorney fees against the State based on the bad faith of this attorney.

I had specifically reviewed his (three) cases with him last Friday and he never mentioned the Motion to Compel. Because it was apparently hand delivered to him, the only way I could have know was to do a desk audit in the midst of my trial last month. I call the attorney (who was taking leave) and tell him he needs to deal with ASAP and that I need the Answers on my desk by Tuesday noon. Period. He comes into the office and, I guess, gets to work.

All of that's bad and caused me to spend most of my day in conferences with bosses, reviewing his case, and drafting "memos to file." However, I wanted a management position. I understand it means you do your work AND have to make room for oversight issues that can pop up anytime. It's not the need to manage a bad situation that's grinding my gears ...

HOWEVER --- At 6:30, with my desk - quite literally - piled with deposition transcripts and evidence binders that I need to draft one of the several motions I have currently pending, the SOB comes into my office and starts arguing with me about how he should respond. He has three f'ing active cases. None with any pending deadlines except for the one in which he has a JUDGE'S ORDER COMPELLING HIM TO FILE FULL, FORMAL RESPONSES IN 10 M'FING DAYS. Holy Crap!! Just do the f'ing work and stop looking for goddamn short cuts. It's why the Order was entered in the first f'ing place!

After wasting 30 minutes of my post 5:30 time (any after hours worked is carefully tucked away as time lost from my family), I finally said to him "Just draft the damn answers and have on my desk by Thursday noon - and no, you cannot just refer to certain documents."

Consider my gears f'ing ground.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #1581
Giantone
Gamebreaker

My Boss's , are grinding my gears !No one is listening to anyone one else .I work for a large grocery company and they want to implement a new way of distributing the "box meat" (steaks roast, chops etc.)to our stores ,our supplier hasn't been on time all week ,so while the rest of the stores orders are ready and loaded the meat isn't even at the warehouse which cause's late orders ....NOT GOOD ,at all . It's effing Memorial Day weekend and you choose to do this shit now ???
Old 05-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #1582
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
My Boss's , are grinding my gears !No one is listening to anyone one else .I work for a large grocery company and they want to implement a new way of distributing the "box meat" (steaks roast, chops etc.)to our stores ,our supplier hasn't been on time all week ,so while the rest of the stores orders are ready and loaded the meat isn't even at the warehouse which cause's late orders ....NOT GOOD ,at all . It's effing Memorial Day weekend and you choose to do this shit now ???
I work in a different field but learned a similar lesson. NEVER decide you want to change server configurations on a Friday. You will be there late, I guarantee it. I feel your pain G1.

It's memorial day, don't F with people's meat!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #1583
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
people who use their windshield wiper fluid on the highway. an audi got me pretty good this morning on the beltway.

im kinda torn on this. its just water/wiper fluid and unless my car was just washed i dont think it leaves any spots BUT the audi certainly has to know that he/she is going to get a good amount of spray on the car behind them and it is an unwanted offensive touching (however slight) on another persons property.

i guess the tipping point for me to not like it is that the audi had to have known but does it anyway.
I have to be honest - if you're tailgating me for no reason (ie there is a car directly in front of me or it's impossible for me to get over) you're probably going to get as much of my windshield wiper fluid as possible.
I know it's really petty, but I swear it makes people realize how big of an ass they're being on the highway. And it's definitely safer than a break check.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #1584
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I have to be honest - if you're tailgating me for no reason (ie there is a car directly in front of me or it's impossible for me to get over) you're probably going to get as much of my windshield wiper fluid as possible.
I know it's really petty, but I swear it makes people realize how big of an ass they're being on the highway. And it's definitely safer than a break check.
i was safely following. at least 5 car lengths back. when you are on the highway doing highway speeds, the spray really travels.

i am a "take it easy" driver. go with the flow of traffic, pick a lane and stick to it. i have 1 speeding ticket and 0 at fault accidents in 18 years of driving.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #1585
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

get on the elevator and with a guy in his late 20s with a greased up handle bar mustache in a dress shirt and slacks. I just wanted to effing punch the shit outta him several times until he was in obvious pain and then bend over while he was on the ground thriving and ask "is that enough attention for you?"

He Gets Us
Old 05-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #1586
over the mountain
Playmaker

well that makes me rethink my plan of growing a huge mustache when i go bald in a few years .... my days of getting punched repeatedly in the face are hopefully behind me.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #1587
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
get on the elevator and with a guy in his late 20s with a greased up handle bar mustache in a dress shirt and slacks. I just wanted to effing punch the shit outta him several times until he was in obvious pain and then bend over while he was on the ground thriving and ask "is that enough attention for you?"
Had a teacher in 6th or 7th grade who all class long would pick his ear wax and massage it into his handlebar mustache. Ever since then they've kinda grossed me out...
Old 05-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #1588
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The whole "look at me and tell me im great" generation is just weak imo.

He Gets Us
Old 05-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #1589
MTK
\m/

The hipster mustache look is definitely douchebaggery at it's worst, or finest depending on how you're looking at it.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #1590
over the mountain
Playmaker

I agree to some degree that hipster facial hair has ran its course. but i think an exception should be made for bald guys.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote