What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 01-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #1546
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Damn. That sounds pretty unbearable. GL with your job search D-Rave. If you break your contract do you have to pay a penalty?
At the end of the year you get an educational award of up to $3500 you can use towards school loans, classes etc. But I'm done with school and loan free so I don't even need the award. But if you leave early, you're basically in bad standing and not eligible for it nor are you allowed to serve in Americorps again. (I wouldn't anyway. I'd rather volunteer my time for free. Lesson learned)

College kids are desperate to finish because they tend to need that money, but its not even taxed, so at the end of the year, you end up PAYING taxes on it.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #1547
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Biased people and hypocrites. I am a transplant from California, I have adopted the Redskins as my second favorite team as I have been a 49er fan for 40 years. I belong to the 49er Webzone, sick of all the crying over there about how
the referees screw over the 49ers all the time. No one ever mentions missed calls that help the 49ers, just the times the opponents get away with something. All the latest complaining about the Seahawks and their drug use got me to join over here. Either this place is dead in the off season or has way less active members than they do.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #1548
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Either this place is dead in the off season or has way less active members than they do.
This place comes alive in the offseason, it's all we got as Skins fans.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #1549
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Biased people and hypocrites. I am a transplant from California, I have adopted the Redskins as my second favorite team as I have been a 49er fan for 40 years. I belong to the 49er Webzone, sick of all the crying over there about how
the referees screw over the 49ers all the time. No one ever mentions missed calls that help the 49ers, just the times the opponents get away with something. All the latest complaining about the Seahawks and their drug use got me to join over here. Either this place is dead in the off season or has way less active members than they do.
The Warpath is never dead but it may seem that way because it is more selective in its clientele than other sites.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #1550
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I'll throw one in this thread because I haven't ranted about anything in a while.....

This might sound trivial or what not, but like others have pointed out, this is all we have sort of while not much stuff is going on football wise.

A couple of guys from the office frequent a McDonald's down the road from the plant. At least three times over the past week, they've come back with this item wrong, this burger missing cheese, no fries, etc.... I laugh privately to myself because most fast food places around here there's a good chance your order is going to get F'd up...

Now I know the cardinal rule is that you always should check the bag before you leave...whatever.. My gripe is that things are so bad with the industry that customers have to check behind the people who are being paid to do it correctly.. My other gripe is that they don't say anything about it to a manager or someone at the store (But they probably wouldn't give a shit anyway, and might sabotage your food the next time they see you). A lack of dining options where i work might explain some of it....but CMON MAN!!

Missing the days where you could go through the drive through and not have to worry about it. The good ole days are gone my friends....

Last edited by SolidSnake84; 01-31-2014 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling errors
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #1551
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I'll throw one in this thread because I haven't ranted about anything in a while.....

This might sound trivial or what not, but like others have pointed out, this is all we have sort of while not much stuff is going on football wise.

A couple of guys from the office frequent a McDonald's down the road from the plant. At least three times over the past week, they've come back with this item wrong, this burger missing cheese, no fries, etc.... I laugh privately to myself because most fast food places around here there's a good chance your order is going to get F'd up...

Now I know the cardinal rule is that you always should check the bag before you leave...whatever.. My gripe is that things are so bad with the industry that customers have to check behind the people who are being paid to do it correctly.. My other gripe is that they don't say anything about it to a manager or someone at the store (But they probably wouldn't give a shit anyway, and might sabotage your food the next time they see you). A lack of dining options where i work might explain some of it....but CMON MAN!!

Missing the days where you could go through the drive through and not have to worry about it. The good ole days are gone my friends....
Well for what it's worth, (yes my diet is awful not the point of the response), I eat McD's for breakfast when I drive in at 930 and Wendy's when I go home around 10. Lunch is a mix from 7-11 salads, to papa john single pizza's. I have good service every morning, and evening. Since most of the drive ladies know me, we joke and usually everyone's happy. I think most of the time how you are treated by the people serving the food is a lot more reflective of (generic) you, then it is of them.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:37 PM   #1552
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post

Maybe your office mates' orders were correct but they made an excuse to go back because they wanted more heroin:
Heroin In The Drive-Thru? McDonald's Employee Busted : The Two-Way : NPR
We won more with Vinny
Old 01-31-2014, 07:37 PM   #1553
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
A lot of people go into hibernation during the off-season, myself included. I tend to disappear between February and July. But we have a ton of members, we've been known to overload the server at times.

Maybe not anymore, Matty's paying for the grade A++ servers.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:09 PM   #1554
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

This fucking clothes emporium and their 'old people repellent' lighting:

Cog chewed to a nub. FACT!
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:26 PM   #1555
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

And don't get me started on timekeeping in a corporate environment:

RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #1556
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
The Warpath is never dead but it may seem that way because it is more selective in its clientele than other sites.

Since there is open membership and anyone can wander in here please tell me how the Warpath selects members?

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 01-31-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #1557
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well for what it's worth, (yes my diet is awful not the point of the response), I eat McD's for breakfast when I drive in at 930 and Wendy's when I go home around 10. Lunch is a mix from 7-11 salads, to papa john single pizza's. I have good service every morning, and evening. Since most of the drive ladies know me, we joke and usually everyone's happy. I think most of the time how you are treated by the people serving the food is a lot more reflective of (generic) you, then it is of them.
You've got a good point there. Regarding our office guys, these particular folks are the nicest guys in the world. like salt of the earth type people...but i guess you never know what happens when people's backs are turned.....
Old 02-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #1558
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Since there is open membership and anyone can wander in here please tell me how the Warpath selects members?
Not quite how it goes.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #1559
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
You've been around long enough to see people come and go and I'm sure you have ideas about why some folks go.
We won more with Vinny
Old 03-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #1560
over the mountain
Playmaker

fed gov't employees.

i get to rep a good bit of them and I am always shocked at how over-paid they are for clocking 40 hour work weeks with pension and benefits.

then they come in and you meet them and they are fat, lazy and can not speak properly ..... but drive multiple high end vehicles while the rest of us bust hump 50-60 hours a week with no pension and have to contribute to health ins for half the pay.

i dont hate the individual federal employee (except when they complain), i hate the fed govt system for their employees.