Debating with the enemy

Old 11-06-2021, 09:34 AM   #1531
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You should love the progressives. They are like the GOP’s x factor. Lol

Anyway thank you for your help. The GOP kicked an extra point after the dems scored the touchdown.

Oh in other news looks like the VA governors election was stolen! I have proof of extreme wide spread voter fraud. Here is just some of the proof! Probably a lot of dead people and aliens too! (Sound familiar?)

https://apple.news/A9tcd-P8lTe20pbEIFQVQ4g
They didn't Blewitt!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-06-2021, 09:42 AM   #1532
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fresh Start Political Thread

Anyway three cheers for Big Joe on infrastructure. Finally a bill that actually helps Americans not just the filthy rich. Now lets fix the ACA - something Republicans were unable to do for years.

Together we can build back better Chico. Get on board. Time to help ourselves not pander to the filthy rich.

On a side note Trumps plan is only two weeks away again!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:42 AM   #1533
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
They didn't Blewitt!

LOL. Way to tie it all together SD.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:07 AM   #1534
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
You should love the progressives. They are like the GOP’s x factor. Lol

Anyway thank you for your help. The GOP kicked an extra point after the dems scored the touchdown.

Oh in other news looks like the VA governors election was stolen! I have proof of extreme wide spread voter fraud. Here is just some of the proof! Probably a lot of dead people and aliens too! (Sound familiar?)

https://apple.news/A9tcd-P8lTe20pbEIFQVQ4g
So does that mean you like Sinema and Manchin now? It is in effect was their bill after all (And McConnell's of course but he likes to stay in the background).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 10:14 AM   #1535
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
GOP provides the margin victory for the infrastructure bill. Progressives owned again!
LOL, your ignorance knows no limits.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:20 AM   #1536
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
So does that mean you like Sinema and Manchin now? It is in effect was their bill after all (And McConnell's of course but he likes to stay in the background).

Biden gets the W. That is how this works.
I understand Manchin is in a tough spot with his constituents. Sinema isnt. She is just a problem.

McConnell gets credit for nothing. He is the biggest partisan hack in Congress. Even he knew he had to get on board with this. He literally couldn’t see over the stack of shit on his desk he was ignoring anymore.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...astructure-win

“It’s a sleight of hand that allows McConnell to claim credit for the uncontroversial investments in roads and bridges, while positioning himself as the adult in the room trying to keep his intemperate counterparts in line. But it’s not true: Democrats may have gone it alone on “soft infrastructure,” but the proposals are no more extremist than their efforts to protect Americans’ voting rights or to seek accountability for the January 6 attack on Capitol Hill, each of which McConnell and the Senate GOP have blocked. The lack of bipartisan unity on those and other Democratic priorities does not reflect how “radical” Biden is, as the minority leader has suggested. It reflects how radical much of the GOP remains.”
Old 11-06-2021, 10:54 AM   #1537
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
That wasn't an editorial article I posted. It was a lesson from a pro CRT source. ("rejects meritocracy and colorblindness" There is no getting around that - that is an explicit rejection of MLK teachings/goals.
Anyone who says they don’t see color is lying.

The black tax in professional settings is real.

We all consciously and sub consciously make instantaneous opinions on others. Color of skin, age, clothing, what part of town we are in, type of car they are driving, hat or nicely combed hair …. Skin color is a big part of many factors we instantaneously analyze when we see someone.

A white person saying they didn’t have a minor pause when a black doctor walks into the room is lying.

A black person saying they didn’t have a minor pause when a black doctor walks into the room is lying.

Race and prejudice are natural human thoughts and feelings.

Before you neo conservatives get your feelings hurt … I think black people also pre judge and hold prejudices

If you think race isn’t a big factor in every minut detail of human interaction in every corner of the world … I think you’re not being honest
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 11:15 AM   #1538
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Anyone who says they don’t see color is lying.

The black tax in professional settings is real.

We all consciously and sub consciously make instantaneous opinions on others. Color of skin, age, clothing, what part of town we are in, type of car they are driving, hat or nicely combed hair …. Skin color is a big part of many factors we instantaneously analyze when we see someone.

A white person saying they didn’t have a minor pause when a black doctor walks into the room is lying.

A black person saying they didn’t have a minor pause when a black doctor walks into the room is lying.

Race and prejudice are natural human thoughts and feelings.

Before you neo conservatives get your feelings hurt … I think black people also pre judge and hold prejudices

If you think race isn’t a big factor in every minut detail of human interaction in every corner of the world … I think you’re not being honest
The point is that in policy, hiring - everything for that matter, CRT rejects color blindness and meritocracy. That is the point of the theory and why it differs from and rejects the goals of the Civil Rights movement. It embraces racial identity, segregation and collective guilt. Until the Jack-ass got involved even most liberals didn't support it. Once he started attacking it those Trump anti-bodies took control and suddenly it was something to be embraced and defended.
Old 11-06-2021, 11:22 AM   #1539
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Biden gets the W. That is how this works.
I understand Manchin is in a tough spot with his constituents. Sinema isnt. She is just a problem.

McConnell gets credit for nothing. He is the biggest partisan hack in Congress. Even he knew he had to get on board with this. He literally couldn’t see over the stack of shit on his desk he was ignoring anymore.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...astructure-win

“It’s a sleight of hand that allows McConnell to claim credit for the uncontroversial investments in roads and bridges, while positioning himself as the adult in the room trying to keep his intemperate counterparts in line. But it’s not true: Democrats may have gone it alone on “soft infrastructure,” but the proposals are no more extremist than their efforts to protect Americans’ voting rights or to seek accountability for the January 6 attack on Capitol Hill, each of which McConnell and the Senate GOP have blocked. The lack of bipartisan unity on those and other Democratic priorities does not reflect how “radical” Biden is, as the minority leader has suggested. It reflects how radical much of the GOP remains.”
McConnel, Sinema and Manchin and 7 other Senators were the ones that crafted the bill. The administration crafted their own Bill earlier but that was rejected. Of course Biden will get some political credit out of this and it is the first Bi-partisan legislation since Bush left office so that will be a plus for him, but it is still readily apparent that Biden is one of the worst Presidents the US has ever had (and yes Trump was even worse - which is why I voted for Biden).
Old 11-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #1540
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
The point is that in policy, hiring - everything for that matter, CRT rejects color blindness and meritocracy. That is the point of the theory and why it differs from and rejects the goals of the Civil Rights movement. It embraces racial identity, segregation and collective guilt. Until the Jack-ass got involved even most liberals didn't support it. Once he started attacking it those Trump anti-bodies took control and suddenly it was something to be embraced and defended.
You posted an article from Sullivan (?) in which he opined crt was just the latest dog whistle to rile up the far right base.

I share that opinion.

I have a 4th grader … I’ll keep my eye out for schools teaching her white people are evil. She’s half black half white so I’m sure she will feel conflicted. I’ll also check under her bed for the boogie man.

I went to a liberal college and law school in California …. I’ve never been taught CRT so I do think it’s just some minor obscure non relevant thing that the right has used to try and politicize

I don’t give a fuck abiut crt and really think it’s a non factor in schools
Old 11-06-2021, 12:07 PM   #1541
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

CRT is filth and rooted in Marxism. School is for learning and not political activism.

Get this bullshit out the fucking schools now! People don’t want religion in school, this shit is like some sick religion.

Looking forward to putting the law on the books and removing this garbage out the school.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 12:16 PM   #1542
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Until the jack ass got involved … no one knew or cared what CRT was. It is a nothing thing, some theology on paper that may have been written in some 300 level sociology class, that the right has built up as some sort of rallying cry that big bad schools are teaching kids white people bad.

No one was for or against CRT before the right dragged it from obscurity into the political lime light.

Liberals arent defending CRT when they say it’s just some bullshit political dog whistle campaign tactic that isn’t even taught in schools to begin with.

It’s some made up boogie man for the right to rally around.

I thought you were smarter than this honestly … a bit disappointed you buy into this CRT thing
Old 11-06-2021, 12:19 PM   #1543
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
CRT is filth and rooted in Marxism. School is for learning and not political activism.

Get this bullshit out the fucking schools now! People don’t want religion in school, this shit is like some sick religion.

Looking forward to putting the law on the books and removing this garbage out the school.

Status quo. Leave well enough alone. Hear no evil see no evil. Don’t fix it if MINE aint broken.

Classic GOP regurgitation is all you posted there.

The far right isn’t a sick religion now but
Understanding and ending racism starting in school is though. Gotcha. Funny don’t see the CRT proponents armed and storming government buildings cus Biden told em to. But yeah sick religion.

Betcha you would have zero problem if this was taught in schools. Social warrior Chico just looking out for the children so they aren’t poisoned by truth.

Hey man, if you don’t see it I cant help ya….
Old 11-06-2021, 12:21 PM   #1544
SunnySide
Playmaker

If I watch a lady back her car up into a pole and then hear her tell a cop a red car caused it … I’m not defending the red car when I tell the cop the red car doesn’t exist .. bc the red car doesn’t exist

Liberals aren’t defending crt when they say crt isn’t being taught in schools … they are calling out the take BS from conservatives who just keep repeating it over and over trying to make it a thing.

Half of america is dumb as shit and just wants to be fed “liberals bad”
Old 11-06-2021, 12:27 PM   #1545
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
You posted an article from Sullivan (?) in which he opined crt was just the latest dog whistle to rile up the far right base.

I share that opinion.

I have a 4th grader … I’ll keep my eye out for schools teaching her white people are evil. She’s half black half white so I’m sure she will feel conflicted. I’ll also check under her bed for the boogie man.

I went to a liberal college and law school in California …. I’ve never been taught CRT so I do think it’s just some minor obscure non relevant thing that the right has used to try and politicize

I don’t give a fuck abiut crt and really think it’s a non factor in schools
Yep but Sullivan was extremely critical of CRT in that article as well. Of course Trump and other elements are using it for political purposes but the reason he can is that it was being used in areas to guide policy - if it hadn't been there wouldn't have been anything for him to grab onto. And when he decided to use it this way the support for this excretable theory suddenly materialized by many on the left.

And good for you that you have a half black/half white child - so do I (mine is a college sophomore).