Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

sometimes I think you just like the way something sounds when you type it and want to hammer home your point without actually realizing what you are saying. Politically speaking not football related. Generally couldn’t agree more with you over there.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:37 AM   #2
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

This is just ridiculous when is this administration learn you don't fuck with the Black Panther?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-free-n1104231
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
This is just ridiculous when is this administration learn you don't fuck with the Black Panther?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-free-n1104231
Ivank is gonna be pissed!
Old 12-21-2019, 08:17 PM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Winter Vacation Pushes Taxpayer Golf Tab Above $118 million

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-gol...192916365.html

President Donald Trump has pushed his taxpayer-funded golf tab past $118 million on his 26th visit to Mar-a-Lago, his for-profit resort in Palm Beach, Florida, with a Saturday visit to his course in neighboring West Palm Beach.

The new total is the equivalent of 296 years of the $400,000 presidential salary that his supporters often boast that he is not taking.

And of that $118.3 million, at least several million has gone into Trump’s own cash registers, as Secret Service agents, White House staff and other administration officials stay and eat at his hotels and golf courses.

The exact amount going into Trump’s pocket cannot be determined because the White House refuses to reveal how many Trump aides have been staying at his properties when he visits them and the administration will not turn over receipts for the charges incurred.

Trump’s White House on Saturday also ignored queries regarding Trump’s golf partners, continuing its practice of keeping that information secret unless he plays with a celebrity or with Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-S.C.). Previous administrations routinely disclosed the president’s golf partners
Old 12-21-2019, 09:52 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

You're just jelly because you can't game the system the way Trump has. It's why he's such a successful businessman.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:38 AM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You're just jelly because you can't game the system the way Trump has. It's why he's such a successful businessman.
To that I agree ,he has no soul ,he lacks ethics. I could never do what he has done to people in business.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:59 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.newsweek.com/2020/01/17/...p-1478581.html

Winter is coming folks...his name is John Durham. The great thing about him is he truly nonpartisan...working for the Obama administration in the past.

From the story:

And then, for John Durham, all hell broke loose. (Durham declined to speak for this story, but Newsweek spoke to more than 15 colleagues, friends and former Justice Department officials.)

The attorney general put out a statement saying he disagreed with Horowitz's conclusion regarding the investigation's start. He said the IG's brief did not extend widely enough for him to reach such a conclusion. Durham's investigation—which includes looking not only into the FBI but the CIA as well as other foreign intelligence agencies—does have the proper scope.

Thirty minutes later, the famously close-mouthed Durham, in the middle of his investigation, issued his own statement: "Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing…we advised the Inspector General that we do not agree with some of the report's conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened."

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #8
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Not a surprise to me although it is to some.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...163409804.html

Confirmed: American businesses and consumers are paying 'approximately 100%' of Trump tariff costs

President Trump made over 100 claims about China and tariffs in 2019, stating that Beijing was paying “tremendous amounts of tariffs.” However, new research from the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) found the opposite.

The Trump administration has placed tariffs on $550 billion worth of imports from China, and China has slapped tariffs on $185 billion worth of imports from the U.S. since the trade war between the two countries began in March 2018.

On August 3, 2019, Trump claimed that “our consumer is paying nothing” in regard to the tariffs, but NBER stated that “approximately 100% of these import taxes have been passed on to U.S. importers and consumers.”

American consumers and businesses paid at least $42 billion for the tariffs as of October 2019, according to an analysis from Tariffs Hurt the Heartland (THH). In October 2019, the trade war cost an additional $7.2 billion through tariffs, an $1 billion increase from October 2018.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:53 AM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trump should shut his mouth about Roger Stone...just so freaking dumb. He creates so much problems with his big mouth.

He Gets Us
Old 02-12-2020, 01:49 PM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Trump should shut his mouth about Roger Stone...just so freaking dumb. He creates so much problems with his big mouth.
Am I missing something other than what has already happened with the prosecutors quitting?

Who actually believes there's an alternative explanation where Barr or someone from the Justice Dept. didn't change their recommendation to please Trump?
Old 02-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Am I missing something other than what has already happened with the prosecutors quitting?

Who actually believes there's an alternative explanation where Barr or someone from the Justice Dept. didn't change their recommendation to please Trump?
Trump tweeted more about it. Shocking...

as for the question about changing the recommendation, the Washington Post said
Quote:
Federal guidelines typically call for a sentence ranging from 15 to 21 months for first-time offenders convicted of obstruction offenses, such as lying to Congress, making false statements and witness tampering, as Stone was
so 7-9 years seems pretty out of touch with what the guidelines might be. My guess is they called the each count to run consecutive versus concurrent, and the only reason to do that is vindictiveness at a failed effort to get Trump.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:09 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Trump tweeted more about it. Shocking...

as for the question about changing the recommendation, the Washington Post said

so 7-9 years seems pretty out of touch with what the guidelines might be. My guess is they called the each count to run consecutive versus concurrent, and the only reason to do that is vindictiveness at a failed effort to get Trump.
Its normal protocol to run the suggested sentencing up the chain in the DOJ...these guys didn't. That's from what Im reading

He Gets Us
Old 02-12-2020, 02:08 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Not really...its all just dumb Trump. Its funny how he said he wanted "to drain the swamp", yet he was consulted by Roger Stone at one point and then hired Manafort. Both Stone and Manafort help create the Swamp and DC political culture of a cesspool.

They both finally got caught...how about just deal with the Presidency and stop tweeting dumb shit.

Ive stated this before...Watch the Netflix doc on Roger Stone...its like "Get me Roger Stone" or something along the lines. Its great to see the story, the guy is a mythical creature.

He Gets Us
Old 02-12-2020, 03:53 PM   #14
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://www.lawfareblog.com/prosecut...recommendation

^^ the actual "supplemental" memo filed today. I worked with MD state guidelines before and it can be technical. I filled out the forms etc. One check in a box can escalate things quickly. in MD, the defense atty has a chance to review and talk w the ASA about it. What they scored, didnt score etc.
-----------------
The Govt's new filing states that the previous guideline recommendation of "87 to 108 months" was technically correct but it argues that,

(1) the biggest sentence enhancement of "threatening to cause physical injury" to a witness really stemmed from a very light version of physical threat as the victim/witness testified he "never felt stone was a real physical threat to him or his dog".

(2) guidelines are only guidelines and Court has discretion to fashion justice on a case by case basis.

------------------
it read like a defendant's sentencing memorandum.

I would guess this is the only brief EVER written by the prosecution that the carefully crafted Federal Sentencing Guidelines are only recommendations and the Court is not bound by them.

I would guess every federal criminal defense atty is equally happy and shocked.

Shocked that the govt now is flying the "its just a guideline not law" flag after they themselves make that argument every time only to have the govt and judges dismiss such a notion.

Happy in that they will cut and paste and cite to this memorandum EVERY SINGLE TIME they file their own sent memo on their cases.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:05 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
https://www.lawfareblog.com/prosecut...recommendation

^^ the actual "supplemental" memo filed today. I worked with MD state guidelines before and it can be technical. I filled out the forms etc. One check in a box can escalate things quickly. in MD, the defense atty has a chance to review and talk w the ASA about it. What they scored, didnt score etc.

-----------------

The Govt's new filing states that the previous guideline recommendation of "87 to 108 months" was technically correct but it argues that,

(1) the biggest sentence enhancement of "threatening to cause physical injury" to a witness really stemmed from a very light version of physical threat as the victim/witness testified he "never felt stone was a real physical threat to him or his dog".

(2) guidelines are only guidelines and Court has discretion to fashion justice on a case by case basis.

------------------

it read like a defendant's sentencing memorandum.

I would guess this is the only brief EVER written by the prosecution that the carefully crafted Federal Sentencing Guidelines are only recommendations and the Court is not bound by them.

I would guess every federal criminal defense atty is equally happy and shocked.

Shocked that the govt now is flying the "its just a guideline not law" flag after they themselves make that argument every time only to have the govt and judges dismiss such a notion.

Happy in that they will cut and paste and cite to this memorandum EVERY SINGLE TIME they file their own sent memo on their cases.
Reading that brief it sounds like they were suggesting 3-4 years would be right with no escalations, but "left it to the court" to make a decision. That doesn't sound like abolishing justice.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote