Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 07-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #1501
itvnetop
Playmaker

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You guys need to learn how to post spoilers. Put the text in white and people can highlight over it to read them.
Done... Hopefully, the "Major Spoilers" warning included in the original post dissuaded people from reading on. I looked on the coding page for a spoiler tag before I posted, but it seems none exists (it's an actual line of code)... Thanks for the white text heads up.

my blather

Last edited by itvnetop; 07-30-2012 at 07:34 PM.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #1502
RedskinMike
Special Teams

So to change the topic from the Dark Knight Rises, I watched a HBO documentary on the west memphis three called Paradise Lost. It is a 3 part series starting in 1994 and the third being done in 2011. All I can say is this film blew my mind. Not sure if it has been mentioned on here before but watch it if you can.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #1503
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Haven't watched the filim but I've heard about the case. Haven't read up on it in a while either but isn't it the one about 3 teenage boys who were accused of the grisly murders of 3 kids, and it being a Satanic ritual? And even though the evidence wasn't there, they were still convicted anyway, in part due to their image before the crime happened? I've been meaning to see it but never got around to it, I heard it's an excellent documentary.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #1504
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Haven't watched the filim but I've heard about the case. Haven't read up on it in a while either but isn't it the one about 3 teenage boys who were accused of the grisly murders of 3 kids, and it being a Satanic ritual? And even though the evidence wasn't there, they were still convicted anyway, in part due to their image before the crime happened? I've been meaning to see it but never got around to it, I heard it's an excellent documentary.
Never seen anything like it before. The access HBO has during the whole process is just short of them being there for the murders. I had heard about the case before I watched the film but didnt pay it much mind. These kids are about the same age as me and listened to metalica and wore all black, which I did in 1993. Only difference is I'm from the DC area and they were from bum F Arkansas. I remember it happening and remember the celebrity outcry years later but never paid it any mind. The film is non bias in nature and was agreed upon by both the victims families and the defendants. The footage starts right after there arrests. For those with weak stomachs there are some pretty heartbreaking footage of the crime scene at the beginning( I almost turned it off in the first 10 minutes).
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #1505
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Saw Batman on Saturday morning, I loved it. My only wish is that there would have been a movie in between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, where Batman was in his prime and you saw him cleaning up gotham. Spoilers below so don't read down if you don't want my opinion on some things....

In The Dark Knight, he was almost there....but by the time TDKR, Batman is shot physically and has to rely on gadgets and trickery even more.

Loved the 1st bane fight, i don't know how anybody couldn't. Batman goes in unprepared with no gameplan, Bane dissects him pretty handily. Batman tries his gadgets, they don't work against bane. Plus the music score is haunting and it's very sad to watch as Batman gets angrier and angrier while losing to Bane and you realize it's pretty much hopeless.

I teared up a little bit when Alfred talked about how from the moment he heard Bruce's cries in the house he cared for him and always wanted to watch out for him and keep him safe. The scene at the end with Alfred standing in the graveyard and crying out to Bruce and his parents how he failed them all, it was heartaching to watch. Alfred had gave it all and had nothing left....very emotional moment...
More spoiler alert and discussion,highlight to read
I thought it was a great movie and you have to sustain belief in these movies,but I hate when characters suffer bad gunshot wound or injury and the film just blows these injuries off.When Batman is stabbed and she twist the knife in his stomach,Im thinking that is a fatal injury,yet he gets in his plane and flies off as if nothing happened
Old 08-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #1506
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
Never seen anything like it before. The access HBO has during the whole process is just short of them being there for the murders. I had heard about the case before I watched the film but didnt pay it much mind. These kids are about the same age as me and listened to metalica and wore all black, which I did in 1993. Only difference is I'm from the DC area and they were from bum F Arkansas. I remember it happening and remember the celebrity outcry years later but never paid it any mind. The film is non bias in nature and was agreed upon by both the victims families and the defendants. The footage starts right after there arrests. For those with weak stomachs there are some pretty heartbreaking footage of the crime scene at the beginning( I almost turned it off in the first 10 minutes).
I watched this the other night as well, really hard to swallow the whole thing. What is sad through it all I feel like the dead boy's memories have been lost.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #1507
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
More spoiler alert and discussion,highlight to read
I thought it was a great movie and you have to sustain belief in these movies,but I hate when characters suffer bad gunshot wound or injury and the film just blows these injuries off.When Batman is stabbed and she twist the knife in his stomach,Im thinking that is a fatal injury,yet he gets in his plane and flies off as if nothing happened
I understand why you'd be upset with that scene, I was thinking the same thing but as they said in batman begins (Highlight for answer) "This suit can stop a bullet and a knife," my assumption is that batman was just slightly inflicted by the knife and was in more so shock of Talia than pain...

I have to say though that I saw a good portion of movies this summer and must say that these were my favorites, in order.

1) Dark Knight Rises
2) Avengers
3) Ted
4) Campaign (could have been higher had the ending of been funny like the beginning)

Saw the Bourne movie, that was bad, ended horribly. Spiderman, was ehh--ok. Sherlock Holmes was painful. I'm drawing a blank on some of the other movies I saw, but bottom line is those were the best and if I can't remember the others then that shows how little I cared for them.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #1508
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Saw Dredd today and I have to say that I was simply amazed at how good it turned out to be. THIS is how the first Dredd movie should have been. Karl Urban played a great Judge Dredd.

Dredd 3D | How to Survive a Plague | End of Watch | Trouble With the Curve | Vivid Dredd 3D Makes Rival Thrillers Look Flat | Film Reviews by Joe Morgenstern - WSJ.com

Hell, even Rotten Tomatoes gave it a fresh rating. (78%)

Dredd 3D - Rotten Tomatoes
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 09-22-2012 at 10:35 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #1509
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Just watched Oldboy. Wow. There really isn't any words I can say that can give this movie justice. I'm at a loss for words here. And it's not even in a good or bad way. I just don't know. Mind****ed, to be sure. Not mind****ed in an "Inception" sort of way, more of mind****ed in a "wow someone, somewhere, came up with that idea. Gross" sort of way.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #1510
Kindoy
The Starter

Been watching a bunch of film noir/crime thrillers for my film class lately. Double Indemnity, Murder My Sweet & Scarlet Street are the most recent ones I've seen... good stuff.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #1511
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Just watched Oldboy. Wow. There really isn't any words I can say that can give this movie justice. I'm at a loss for words here. And it's not even in a good or bad way. I just don't know. Mind****ed, to be sure. Not mind****ed in an "Inception" sort of way, more of mind****ed in a "wow someone, somewhere, came up with that idea. Gross" sort of way.
that was one of those movies where i got the twist right after he got out. the whole thing was a waste of time for me.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #1512
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cabin in the Woods was pretty good. nice to see something fresh in such an over done genre

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #1513
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Cabin in the Woods was pretty good. nice to see something fresh in such an over done genre
I was so pumped for this movie and to me it let me down.

***Spoiler***

Instead of blowing up the world in the end why not play it out over a few movies? Each chapter the subjects could have picked a different scenario in the basement thus we see them battle a different creature.

To me it was 13 Ghost with a bit of a twist but essential the same movie. There was nothing ground breaking about this movie.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #1514
los panda
Pro Bowl

damnit ^ put spoilers in white text so you have to highlight over them to read.

just saw looper over the weekend, it was pretty cool. i recommend it

spoiler below:

i stuff my gf's bag w jack in the box food and carry my own soda into the theater
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #1515
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
damnit ^ put spoilers in white text so you have to highlight over them to read.

just saw looper over the weekend, it was pretty cool. i recommend it

spoiler below:

i stuff my gf's bag w jack in the box food and carry my own soda into the theater
It said spoiler before the text. Do you drive by Bridge Out signs as well?