(Twice-annual guaranteed L) Giants postgame thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-20-2023, 10:30 AM   #136
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: (Twice-annual guaranteed L) Giants postgame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well having Dan Snyder removed from the franchise should give you a glimmer of hope.

9 draft picks mostly in the first four rounds.
A boatload of cap space.
JDR getting sacked.
Ron getting sacked.
FO see ya.

There is no way we hire worse people than we have because our pool of potential candidates grew exponentially the minute Snyder left town.
If/when these things happen I will have hope. I'll still cheer the team on I just am not seeing much to get excited about

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2023, 10:35 AM   #137
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
So overrated. Don’t even realize he is on the field. Our secondary is challenging our oline as the most pathetic unit on the field.
Every fan base does this- they all think their players are better than what they really are.

None of our starters could start for the Eagles.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 10:36 AM   #138
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

KJ Henry is a plus. Dude is going to be a starting edge rusher. Also B Rob is a beast. Still have faith in Sam. Had a bad game oh well. He has shown me enough. There is enough here that a new staff and some help through the draft and fa will bring to the forefront.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 10:37 AM   #139
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It would be pretty hard to not be any better than one of the worst owners in all of sports history.

Harris just got here, they've had no real chance to put their stamp on the football ops yet.
Yeah but with this cursed franchise you can't be mad at folks thinking doom and gloom. No matter what happens it seems like this team just finds ways to lose every yr. It's actually astonishing... They have not had an 11 win season in 3 decades.
Old 11-20-2023, 10:38 AM   #140
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Think about how bad this team is. You lost to the Giants twice and the Bears.
Old 11-20-2023, 10:39 AM   #141
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So overrated. Don’t even realize he is on the field. Our secondary is challenging our oline as the most pathetic unit on the field.
His dad was on Twitter all summer talking about him being elite LMAO. Bro your son ain't all that and he's an Okie so I should be showing him more love but he never ever makes plays. He's JAG.. No way would I pay him top tier $
Old 11-20-2023, 10:39 AM   #142
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Every fan base does this- they all think their players are better than what they really are.

None of our starters could start for the Eagles.

Our secondary is atrocious. And Ron took two dbacks with the first two picks. This last draft was atrocious. Rons last shit stain. Well besides every game he has coached this year. Dude cannot be gone quick enough. I love how he hangs his hat on Sam too. Wow real keen Ron. You needed a quarterback desperately and a former first round talent was sitting there in round 5. What a stroke of genius picking him.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 10:42 AM   #143
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Think about how bad this team is. You lost to the Giants twice and the Bears.
Idk how they have won 4 games man, it shows how bad the NFL is
Old 11-20-2023, 10:44 AM   #144
rocnrik
Playmaker

With as bad as we’ve been just winning enough games to make December meaningful will be a great improvement.. I’m a realistic fan ..this can be turned around fairly quick to at least be entertaining.. the Super Bowl talk will take a while .. remember all this drama is Part of the diversion that entertainment brings us .. it’s not life or death .. we take this more seriously than a lot of the players ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 10:50 AM   #145
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
With as bad as we’ve been just winning enough games to make December meaningful will be a great improvement.. I’m a realistic fan ..this can be turned around fairly quick to at least be entertaining.. the Super Bowl talk will take a while .. remember all this drama is Part of the diversion that entertainment brings us .. it’s not life or death .. we take this more seriously than a lot of the players ..
Great post and 100% why I don't get mad anymore. It used to ruin my Sundays and now I just laugh it off. At the end of the day this team doesn't pay our bills, its really just a hobby to root for sports teams.
Old 11-20-2023, 10:51 AM   #146
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The real issue is Dan should have never given Ron full power. I had no issue w/ the hire cause no one else was coming here. But he could have either kept Smith or hired a real GM. I don't think the team would be in as bad a shape as it is if Ron was not calling all of the shots. If we had a real GM I think Tua would be our QB. And the o-line would be in a lot better shape. Jamin Davis would not be on the team. And this is not a knock on Sam- I think he is the future here, but Tua is playing close to an MVP level. Just w/ those few moves alone the team is in better shape than it is now.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:11 AM   #147
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Our secondary is atrocious. And Ron took two dbacks with the first two picks. This last draft was atrocious. Rons last shit stain. Well besides every game he has coached this year. Dude cannot be gone quick enough. I love how he hangs his hat on Sam too. Wow real keen Ron. You needed a quarterback desperately and a former first round talent was sitting there in round 5. What a stroke of genius picking him.
Change of DB coach is a lot of the problem, Ron/JDR choice of replacement for Chris Harris has been typically Ron, underwhelming to say the least
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 11:15 AM   #148
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
KJ Henry is a plus. Dude is going to be a starting edge rusher. Also B Rob is a beast. Still have faith in Sam. Had a bad game oh well. He has shown me enough. There is enough here that a new staff and some help through the draft and fa will bring to the forefront.
I think Sam was pressing, typical of young QBs who see things unravelling and take it all on themselves to win the game. He'll get better. Look forward to seeing more of KJ, he was playing against Andrew Thomas on Sunday
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 11:20 AM   #149
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Do not underestimate the effect Rons ineptitude has on this current team. His ineptitude with clock management, in game adjustments, x’s and o’s, talent evaluation. Same goes for his partner in crime JDR. You only need to have hope in Harris one time. When he hires a GM. Whoever it is certainly will be more qualified than Ron fucking Rivera.

Next years team would absolutely smoke this years team with coaching changes alone. Now throw in 9 picks and cap space. It would be the first blowout in years.
Agree.... Rivera's incompetence cannot not should not be undervalued. It's high-level malpractice. He screwed up a solid o-line, never valued the linebacker position, and brought along his buddies from Carolina, along with his long time buddy, Wack Del Rio.

It seems like Rivera, JDR, and Bieneimy doesn't even properly scout or game plan for the opposition. It's as if they're gonna go with their respective playbooks be damned. In-game adjustments are never made. If so, it's usually extremely late in the ball game.

A reset with a quality GM and coach could turn this around within a year or two. We've seen it done numerous times in the past several years in this league.

This staff and management is bad. Very bad! This season can't end soon enough.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 11:25 AM   #150
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The real issue is Dan should have never given Ron full power. I had no issue w/ the hire cause no one else was coming here. But he could have either kept Smith or hired a real GM. I don't think the team would be in as bad a shape as it is if Ron was not calling all of the shots. If we had a real GM I think Tua would be our QB. And the o-line would be in a lot better shape. Jamin Davis would not be on the team. And this is not a knock on Sam- I think he is the future here, but Tua is playing close to an MVP level. Just w/ those few moves alone the team is in better shape than it is now.
As you guys know i was all in on Tua then and still am. Dude is Legit and i'm glad he's healthy again