Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The hypocrisy of the ________

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #136
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The hypocrisy of the ________

First it was the Russia conspiracies, then Supreme Court conspiracies, now the Epstein conspiracies...this is why people claim the mainstream media is the enemy of the people.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-12-2019, 05:17 PM   #137
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
First it was the Russia conspiracies, then Supreme Court conspiracies, now the Epstein conspiracies...this is why people claim the mainstream media is the enemy of the people.
Common denominator is...................?

chico what is scary is your acting more and more like trump and his stupid tweets every day.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:14 PM   #138
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Common denominator is...................?

chico what is scary is your acting more and more like trump and his stupid tweets every day.
Common denominator is all outlandishly false.

He Gets Us
Old 08-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #139
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Common denominator is all outlandishly false.
Epstein was falsely accused and was not friends with Bill Clinton ,Prince Andrew or.......................donnie trump. Of course he committed suicide in a high security prison after coming "OFF" a previous suicide watch . trump makes a tweet and his lap dog Barr orders an investigation? Who is floating the conspiracies the media or trump?
Old 08-13-2019, 08:06 AM   #140
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You start off strong but finish weak. Sorry Baltimore Skins, I think an assault rifle ban is an unattainable goal. Would it help? Sure. But I am fine settling for solutions that even Republicans could get behind.

I'll settle for improved background checks. The Dayton shooter made a rape list and a kill list in high school. How hard would it be to put a note on his permanent record mentioning that, then have it come up when he tries to buy whatever gun he used for the murders? And it's not just him, a ton of these shooters had previous red flags that were all ignored. We need a better database and a uniform system across the board that would improve background checks.
Look at the mind set were trying to change...............

Old 08-13-2019, 08:41 AM   #141
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I truly hate the gun debate. No one wants to see mass shootings, gang shootings, shootings resulting in suicide. I am not defending those actions by bad actors.

That said,

Quote:
In 2018, an estimated 40,000 people lost their lives to car crashes
Quote:
In 2015, the most recent year for which data is available, a total of 638,169 abortions were reported
Quote:
CDC Stats Gun deaths
Suicide 23,854
Homicide 14,544
Which number seems the most outlandish?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:26 AM   #142
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Who needs the media when the President tweets out ridiculous conspiracy theories.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:04 AM   #143
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I truly hate the gun debate. No one wants to see mass shootings, gang shootings, shootings resulting in suicide. I am not defending those actions by bad actors.

That said,

Which number seems the most outlandish?
All different issues .....................lets not pull a trump switch and bait.

This is about guns.................................
Old 08-13-2019, 10:45 AM   #144
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
All different issues .....................lets not pull a trump switch and bait.

No it's about the deaths caused by guns. And the fact that more people are killed by cars then guns, and the fact that order of magnitude more people with no voice are killed because they have no voice. Gun violence creates fear, and fear motivates politicians to make bad laws. Car deaths are accepted because of the necessity of cars is seen as greater then the necessity of guns. Death by abortion is accepted because the murdered party can't defend themselves with twitter accounts #inutero
Old 08-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #145
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

It is actually about the media spectacle and fear caused by gun violence
Old 08-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #146
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Who needs the media when the President tweets out ridiculous conspiracy theories.
I can’t disagree because he did tweet out a Clinton one. It’s insane

He Gets Us
Old 08-13-2019, 11:20 AM   #147
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
No it's about the deaths caused by guns. And the fact that more people are killed by cars then guns, and the fact that order of magnitude more people with no voice are killed because they have no voice. Gun violence creates fear, and fear motivates politicians to make bad laws. Car deaths are accepted because of the necessity of cars is seen as greater then the necessity of guns. Death by abortion is accepted because the murdered party can't defend themselves with twitter accounts #inutero
Car deaths have been greatly reduced over the years with laws and improvements in safety features. Abortions are at a decade low. Gun deaths however have been on the rise. Can't we say all three issues are a concern? I don't understand the need to prioritize, especially if you're basing it on just raw numbers in a vacuum.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:41 AM   #148
MTK
\m/

I mean we've gotten to the point where bulletproof backpacks for kids in school is a thing. That's just mind blowing.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #149
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Car deaths have been greatly reduced over the years with laws and improvements in safety features. Abortions are at a decade low. Gun deaths however have been on the rise. Can't we say all three issues are a concern? I don't understand the need to prioritize, especially if you're basing it on just raw numbers in a vacuum.
I think you certainly can prioritize, and work to require added safety features to guns, like we do cars, and stronger mental health requirements, like we should with abortions. Anytime you have an area that can be recognized as preventable deaths, you should do what you can to minimize those risks, WITHOUT infringing on the rights and freedoms of law abiding citizens. The problem is the gun debate gets taken out of that context into media hyperbole around the latest tragic incident so that the government can pass bad law.

In terms of accidental or negligent deaths, [note i am combining year data to show a point so these numbers - while relatively accurate to each other - are not exacts from a specific year] you can have 500 accidental gun deaths(2015) ratio compared to 136000 total accidental deaths(2014) but gun activists will scream bloody murder.

Instead of dealing with the urban violence and root causes brought on by (mainly) liberal inner city politics, gun activists will scream for gun control as if it is a panacea.

So yes you can deal with guns rationally - creating smart safeties, increasing gun safety courses, and finding ways to keep hands out of violent offenders. But lots of bad laws can get thrown into society due to the fear/shock from attacks like Dayton
Old 08-13-2019, 11:57 AM   #150
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I mean we've gotten to the point where bulletproof backpacks for kids in school is a thing. That's just mind blowing.
But is it reality based or fear based thing. Which is more likely on a given day, a deadly car accident, a death from sickness, or a shooter in a school?

There are urban city schools that have lived with metal detectors for decades, but now that suburban schoolchildren are threatened the media elite/liberal nannies want to pass bad laws and create fear driven panic to do it.