Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Parking Lot

Old 04-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #136
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: The 10 Commandments For Drinking Like A Man

Drinking while using power tools is the most manly thing possible.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #137
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
man I wish we all lived closer so we could have a Warpath drinking contest
Hey why not have a drinking contest on line. Just agree what will be drank and everyone drinks the same thing at the same time until people drop out. Last one posting wins. Spelling and grammer will not count against the person. Have it on a Friday or Saturday night.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #138
KLHJ2
Inactive

There is no obligation to drink because no one would be watching.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #139
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Hey why not have a drinking contest on line. Just agree what will be drank and everyone drinks the same thing at the same time until people drop out. Last one posting wins. Spelling and grammer will not count against the person. Have it on a Friday or Saturday night.
Clever

Maybe it's just me but unless I'm also watching a game, when I do serious drinking (which is considerably less as I get older) I'm usually out with my wife or buddies (or both). The last thing I'm doing is posting here
Old 04-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #140
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
There is no obligation to drink because no one would be watching.
Chatroulette!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #141
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Chatroulette!

There's a solution that I don't want to see play out. Accidentally hit the skip button and vomit over what you see in the next shot. Then you've got to start all over and get the alcohol back in your system. To prevent yourself from getting a DUI by driving to the liquor store you would have to get a straw out of the kitchen to slurp up your spillage. Either that or get a paper towel to soak it all up so that you can wring it back into your mouth... I say no thanks.

Speaking of which did anyone see how well the chewing gum traveled in "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist"?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #142
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
I would like to see the age demographic of those who think that wine isn't manly. I would be willing to bet that the majority are under 30. Except Schneed, he's just another jerk from PA. (I meant that in the nicest possible way).

One of these days these guys will actually drink some wine thinking that they can take it down like beer and wake up the next day floored. We'll see how sissy wine is then.

i'm 36. some on here seem to think that because i/we don't consider wine manly that i/we have never drank it or do not currently drink it. personally i've drunk plenty of wine and still do from time to time but it's still not a manly drink imo. just because your a man and you like to do certain things does not mean that all those things are manly. i know some men that do things regularly but those things are not manly, like getting manicures or peticures or watching the bachelor or ordering a salad as your main meal or still wearing pajamas or DRINKING WINE or.............
Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #143
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

It's not that drinking wine is manly, just that it's not the opposite.

I know people that talk shit on wine but drink absolute crap like Crown Royal or Jack Daniels.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #144
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
It's not that drinking wine is manly, just that it's not the opposite.

I know people that talk shit on wine but drink absolute crap like Crown Royal or Jack Daniels.
Funny that you call either of those crap. What makes them crap?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #145
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Funny that you call either of those crap. What makes them crap?
they're both flat and sweet, lack any complexity or true body.. and cost a premium vs better whiskies.. just very boring overall.. they mix with coke easily for pounding but that's my biggest compliment

your username is kind of ironic because I always call those two the kool-aids of whisk(e)y
Old 04-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #146
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Remember that no woman cares how much you can put away. In all honesty though I am a pretty heavy drinker I am not saying that I would win, but I can definately hold my own...

Didn't you say before that you don't drink that heavy because your children will be their bouncy little selves no matter what, or something like that?
Yeah I don't do it much anymore, I was really just goofin because I was going along with the "manly" theme in this thread.

I was a frat boy though and did quite a bit of damage. Only member of my fraternity still standing after 3 grape MD 20/20s in one night. But those days are long gone, I'm 30, I can't do that anymore.

I can get a lot down and keep it down, it's the 3-day hangovers that follow which scare me off. Why is it that hangovers don't even exist when you're 21, but you hit your late 20s and 30s and like three drinks gives you a headache??
Old 04-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #147
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

3 bottles of MD would kill my stomach before anything else.

That's about what.. a bit over a liter equivalent of liquor, yeah def been there plenty of times

fortified wine is definitely manly! I bought it for this girl who had a lil hair over her lip once
Old 04-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #148
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah I don't do it much anymore, I was really just goofin because I was going along with the "manly" theme in this thread.

I was a frat boy though and did quite a bit of damage. Only member of my fraternity still standing after 3 grape MD 20/20s in one night. But those days are long gone, I'm 30, I can't do that anymore.

I can get a lot down and keep it down, it's the 3-day hangovers that follow which scare me off. Why is it that hangovers don't even exist when you're 21, but you hit your late 20s and 30s and like three drinks gives you a headache??
3 drinks doesn't give me a headache, but there's no question that hangovers get worse as you get older. I'm 31, and if I get good and drunk, the whole next day until about 4pm is pretty much shot. When I was 21 I could get hammered and be at the gym at noon the next day throwing around weights like nothing happened. God damned father time. Eff him.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #149
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
3 bottles of MD would kill my stomach before anything else.

That's about what.. a bit over a liter equivalent of liquor, yeah def been there plenty of times

fortified wine
is definitely manly! I bought it for this girl who had a lil hair over her lip once
If you're gonna drink fortified wine, MD is not the way to go. A good port is much better. Man, I used to drink Strawberry Rose Mad Dog (I think that's what it was called) my senior year of high school. One of those bottles and I was so buzzed!! Those were the days. All of us guys who played football would drink a bottle each in the parking lot before the basketball games and then go cheer on our buddies. Good times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #150
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Seriously, I'm 26 and man some nights I can only have a few and wake up shitty, but recover quickly. Seems it depends if I get the bad ones or not. Recently I have a lot but last weekend I felt fine as soon as I got up.