Redskins Training Camp Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-05-2019, 02:44 PM   #136
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
To be fair, our D-Line on paper is probably one of the better ones in the league when healthy.
no doubt

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #137
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
That is a lame excuse honestly, Kyler Murray only had one year of starts, and yeah you can say Colt and Case are better than the backups that Arizona had but lets be real here, they could have given Haskins more reps out there. I get that he is a rookie and all, but I find it kind of funny that that is always the reason that we here.
Murray is a mobile QB and played in a similar system in college. Mobility makes it easier for a rookie QB to start. This was why RG3 was so successful as a rookie. Question is, can they transition to being a QB that can also throw consistently from the pocket. Some can, some can't. Murray is still a question mark, but his mobility and his familiarity with the offense is a big reason he's expected to be able to start early.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2019, 03:02 PM   #138
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Murray is a mobile QB and played in a similar system in college. Mobility makes it easier for a rookie QB to start. This was why RG3 was so successful as a rookie. Question is, can they transition to being a QB that can also throw consistently from the pocket. Some can, some can't. Murray is still a question mark, but his mobility and his familiarity with the offense is a big reason he's expected to be able to start early.

Murray is a great pocket passer, I believe he'll be a good pro
Old 08-05-2019, 03:36 PM   #139
rocnrik
Playmaker

Too early to say Keenum sucks...I hope he plays great and we bring Haskins along a little slow and not throw him to the wolves! Keenum has played and won against NFL defense.. Haskins has like 14 starts in college ball . Great Raw talent with huge ceiling !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #140
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Murray is a great pocket passer, I believe he'll be a good pro
Murray had arguably the best offensive line in college football. Arguably the top WR in college football. And the Big 12 ain't what it used to be.

He got drafted into, arguably, the worst offensive line in the NFL. With an aging Fitzgerald and a group of unknowns to throw too. And he is in the NFC West.

Ill eat my words if you are right. But honestly, I fear for his safety.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #141
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
That is a lame excuse honestly, Kyler Murray only had one year of starts, and yeah you can say Colt and Case are better than the backups that Arizona had but lets be real here, they could have given Haskins more reps out there. I get that he is a rookie and all, but I find it kind of funny that that is always the reason that we here.
Exactly. I don't get splitting up the reps between 3 guys. That to me is just ridiculous. If Gruden feels most comfortable with Colt then fine, split the reps between Colt and Haskins. And if Haskins isn't playing a bunch in the pre season then Gruden can go fuck off somewhere.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:53 PM   #142
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
He only had 14 starts in college, just for that I would not expect him to be ready to start day one as a rookie. Also the O-line is a mess right now. I am glad they aren't going to throw him to the wolves. The Redskins haven't had a franchise QB in over 30 years. No reason to rush the kid and ruin him physically or mentally.
Personally I really could give a damn about his starts. He's in the NFL now. And the o-line really isn't an excuse cause the QB's are not getting hit right now. He should be getting half of the 1st team reps.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:57 PM   #143
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post

If they want to say that Dwayne isn't ready that's all well and good, but I hate the "He only played one year" as the only excuse. Dwayne Haskins threw for 50 TDs in a conference that actually plays defense. The Big 12 doesn't. They are both question marks, but I just don't like the "handicap" thrown on Haskins or any other QB like that.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:00 PM   #144
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Exactly. I don't get splitting up the reps between 3 guys. That to me is just ridiculous. If Gruden feels most comfortable with Colt then fine, split the reps between Colt and Haskins. And if Haskins isn't playing a bunch in the pre season then Gruden can go fuck off somewhere.
For the life of me I don't get the Keenum trade, even with Colt coming off injury and not knowing how the draft was going to unfold. I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on that. Like Schneed has in his signature, if you don't know who the best QB of the three you have are, you don't have a QB. I would have been splitting reps between Colt and Haskins 50% a piece, and had some 3rd stringer on the team too, but I wouldn't have traded for Keenum just to have him taking 33% of the first team reps.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:33 PM   #145
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Need to seriously chill on Haskins. Everyone knew coming in he was going to be a bit of a project having only played one year in college.
Yes we know he's somewhat of a project, but it's they way they're handling him that's so annoying. Watch, he will not play much in the pre season. Tom Brady will play more than Haskins will.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:42 PM   #146
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Just heard on the Redskins Talk Pod Colt re-injured his ankle again and was pulled from practice today.

I can't find it anywhere in print and the severity isn't known but Finlay and Mitch insinuated it was the same ankle which he broke last year.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:43 PM   #147
rocnrik
Playmaker

Colt won’t last through pre season ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #148
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Murray had arguably the best offensive line in college football. Arguably the top WR in college football. And the Big 12 ain't what it used to be.

He got drafted into, arguably, the worst offensive line in the NFL. With an aging Fitzgerald and a group of unknowns to throw too. And he is in the NFC West.

Ill eat my words if you are right. But honestly, I fear for his safety.
I think he will struggle this yr of course but after 3-4 years we will say he's a good QB. He did have a great line but he is very accurate throwing downfield and intermediate.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:25 PM   #149
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

McCoy kept out for precautionary reasons:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ionary-reasons

No limp or any indication of anything serious. Think he'll be fine. My issue with him is him throwing downfield. Realize he can dink and dunk and keep things decent, but what can he do when defenses crowd the line? Can't wait to see all the qbs in the preseason.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:11 PM   #150
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Just heard on the Redskins Talk Pod Colt re-injured his ankle again and was pulled from practice today.

I can't find it anywhere in print and the severity isn't known but Finlay and Mitch insinuated it was the same ankle which he broke last year.
Wow. Welp. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Colt always gets hurt...another grunden guy.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote