Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-06-2020, 09:36 AM   #136
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
This is completely incorrect thinking. If a team trades with Detroit, then another team can still jump ahead of them and trade with us to get Tua. Any team that REALLY wants TUA (even Detroit, if they wanted him) is going to have to trade up to 2. We might say NO, but the teams who are truly serious about Tua will be coming to us.
Teams know that Burrow/Young are locks at 1 and 2, or it will be a kings ransom plus to move the Bengals/Skins out of their position. If a team wants Tua, they will try Detroit first.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-06-2020, 09:51 AM   #137
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Teams know that Burrow/Young are locks at 1 and 2, or it will be a kings ransom plus to move the Bengals/Skins out of their position. If a team wants Tua, they will try Detroit first.
Right, the skins are not drafting Tua at 2 so why would a team move up there? It's boring but it's just a fact, Burrow / Young is how it will go for #1 and #2
Old 02-06-2020, 09:53 AM   #138
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
This is completely incorrect thinking. If a team trades with Detroit, then another team can still jump ahead of them and trade with us to get Tua. Any team that REALLY wants TUA (even Detroit, if they wanted him) is going to have to trade up to 2. We might say NO, but the teams who are truly serious about Tua will be coming to us.
In an ESPN article it said Miami and Indy are definitely interested in Tua. I still can't believe his injury didn't drop his draft stock. Let the bidding war for the #2 pick begin.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:14 PM   #139
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The Bengals are taking Burrow
Unless the Burrow camp comes out and says he will not play for the Bengals, which is what I just heard Rich Eisen say there are mumblings about this happening. We'll see...if this were to happen, could easily see Bengals taking Chase and then our pick gets VERY interesting!
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:20 PM   #140
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Unless the Burrow camp comes out and says he will not play for the Bengals, which is what I just heard Rich Eisen say there are mumblings about this happening. We'll see...if this were to happen, could easily see Bengals taking Chase and then our pick gets VERY interesting!
I almost wish that would happen, imagine the trade demand for the 2nd pick if Young goes to the Bengals.

My first preference is Young.

My second preference is a bidding war involving 3 first rounders and whatever else a team would throw in.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:29 PM   #141
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I almost wish that would happen, imagine the trade demand for the 2nd pick if Young goes to the Bengals.

My first preference is Young.

My second preference is a bidding war involving 3 first rounders and whatever else a team would throw in.

That would make it very interesting indeed. If Young is taken I think I'd take Burrows unless he said he wouldn't play the Redskins. Burrows looks like the real deal.... We wouldn't necessarily have to trade Haskins but if we were offered a couple picks - At least 1 first rounder included, then I'd probably trade him. I'm not convinced Haskins is the answer but by no means do I thunk he will be bust...
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:41 PM   #142
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If Young is picked #1 , we will have a HUGE decision to make at QB lol would be crazy
Old 02-06-2020, 02:45 PM   #143
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I originally would be 100% for taking the picks until I saw the NFL history of the great defensive players that have been taken #2 overall. Still I am probably 60-40 for taking the picks if offered. There are no sure things in the NFL draft, there are many high first rounders that were flat out busts and many others that were just average players. With 3 first rounders I believe chanes are better for a good hit than with just one at #2.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #144
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If we can get 3 1's that would be hard to turn down, but Chase Young has that Julius Peppers in him, Mack , Bosa, etc.. Tough call
Old 02-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #145
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
If Young is picked #1 , we will have a HUGE decision to make at QB lol would be crazy
Right...so they have to prepare for that. If this were to happen, I think we'd see very quickly who has the power now because we all know Haskins was Snyder's pick, so if they take Burrow or even Tua...we'd know Ron/Kyle are definitely calling the shots.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:09 PM   #146
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'd be mad if they passed up on Burrow
Old 02-06-2020, 03:11 PM   #147
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
If we can get 3 1's that would be hard to turn down, but Chase Young has that Julius Peppers in him, Mack , Bosa, etc.. Tough call
Julius Peppers? The guy who was still recording double digit sacks in his mid 30's.
Now seriously, what are the odds any DE matches that? Let alone his int's and fumble recovery totals.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:22 PM   #148
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Julius Peppers? The guy who was still recording double digit sacks in his mid 30's.
Now seriously, what are the odds any DE matches that? Let alone his int's and fumble recovery totals.
Most would say Young has that potential
Old 02-06-2020, 03:25 PM   #149
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
They did, Burrow himself self said he will play for whoever and wherever.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #150
jamf
Pro Bowl

If Cinci isn't going to draft Burrows for whatever reason, they are going to trade the pick to a team that is going to draft him.

I could see either the Chargers or Dolphins moving up for Burrows.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote