Ok,

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #137
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsofwar View Post
For the Redskins fans that don't live in the Philly metro area. I've be a 'skins fan since Sonny was the QB. Living in the Philly area, I have been forced to watch the Eagles games because it's the only game in town. I have watched every game McNabb has played and he is not the "Superstar" the rest of the country thinks he is. They only show you his good plays, which is about two out of 10 passes. His other passes are either over the WR's head or bouncing at their feet or very short passes the WRs turn into big gains. His five yard dump offs to Westbrook that turn into 50 yard TDs make him look great in the media. He is one of the biggest hot dogs in the league and believes people when they tell him he's great. He was the self appointed "captain" of the ship in Philly. Yeah, I also had to watch the post game show where he pleasured himself. He sucked when he was in his prime and now he is an over the hill QB who is comparing himself to John Elway and Brett Favre!!! Do you believe this guy? Do you know why the Eagles gave him to the 'skins, a division rival? Because they are not afraid of him, they know he sucks and is washed up! Ole' Danny means well, but he is becoming another Al Davis by taking washed up players. It all started with Bruce Smith and it continues to this day! Look at how many bums he has brought in! At least he is willing to spend his money improving team. Not like that fag Jeffery Laurie in Philly who is afraid to open his purse. That's why the Eagles lost a lot of good players over the years. Just a warning, the 'skins made a bad move taking McChoke as we call him around here! Wait and see! You'll be sooorrrrryyyy!
you had to? sounds to me like you wanted to, not that theres anything wrong with that

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #138
Whiskeybilt
Camp Scrub

I'm a lifelong diehard Redskins fan, who grew up and has mostly lived in the Greater Philly area and I love it here. I also have watched a ton of McNabbs games and I have been an apologist for him, against eagle fans for 11 years.

I can not wait to see D Mac win games and hopefully a superbowl as a Washington Redskin. I'm sure the excuses are already flowing.
Whiskeybilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #139
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
you had to? sounds to me like you wanted to, not that theres anything wrong with that
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...pleasured himself?

This is a new one to me. :confused:
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #140
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
"I've be a 'skins fan since Sonny was the QB."

Yet, you have a Panthers avatar.

That you, Jimmy Claussen? Bitter over dropping in the draft and losing a good gig to McNabb?

LOL! I was trying to think what bitter player may have come on here and wrote this. that was perfect especially since he used the Panthers logo.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #141
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

We're lucky to get DM; I don't know what the Iggles were thinking. And we could've had much more if Coach Gibbs and Vinny from Notre Dame hadn't thrown away so many of our draft choices away. What a waste! Plus I still can't get over the fact that we sent Champ Bailey PLUS a #2 draft choice for a big mouth running back. Champ is a future hall of famer. Oh well, over the last couple of months I've learned that CP is smarter than Haynesburger. CP knew he better come to the non-mandatory OTA's. Haynesburger still hasn't learned that he's not the coach.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #142
44ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsofwar View Post
For the Redskins fans that don't live in the Philly metro area. I've be a 'skins fan since Sonny was the QB. Living in the Philly area, I have been forced to watch the Eagles games because it's the only game in town. I have watched every game McNabb has played and he is not the "Superstar" the rest of the country thinks he is. They only show you his good plays, which is about two out of 10 passes. His other passes are either over the WR's head or bouncing at their feet or very short passes the WRs turn into big gains. His five yard dump offs to Westbrook that turn into 50 yard TDs make him look great in the media. He is one of the biggest hot dogs in the league and believes people when they tell him he's great. He was the self appointed "captain" of the ship in Philly. Yeah, I also had to watch the post game show where he pleasured himself. He sucked when he was in his prime and now he is an over the hill QB who is comparing himself to John Elway and Brett Favre!!! Do you believe this guy? Do you know why the Eagles gave him to the 'skins, a division rival? Because they are not afraid of him, they know he sucks and is washed up! Ole' Danny means well, but he is becoming another Al Davis by taking washed up players. It all started with Bruce Smith and it continues to this day! Look at how many bums he has brought in! At least he is willing to spend his money improving team. Not like that fag Jeffery Laurie in Philly who is afraid to open his purse. That's why the Eagles lost a lot of good players over the years. Just a warning, the 'skins made a bad move taking McChoke as we call him around here! Wait and see! You'll be sooorrrrryyyy!
Glad your the expert on Mcnabb. I however have been watching Mcnabb since he was at SU. My Brother has always been a Eagles fan so I have been watching Mcnabb a loooooong long time. And I will tell you this - HE IS A SUPERSTAR!

*Most consecutive pass completions, 24; vs New York Giants, Nov. 28, 2004; vs Green Bay Packers, Dec. 5, 2004

*Least-intercepted quarterback per pass attempt of all time, (4588 attempts-96 interceptions, 2.09%)

*Second-best touchdown-to-interception ratio of all time, (209-96, 2.18) behind Tom Brady (217-92, 2.36)

*First NFL Quarterback ever to throw for more than 30 touchdowns and fewer than 10 interceptions (2004)

*One of six quarterbacks of all time to have over 25,000 passing yards and 3,000 rushing yards (alongside Randall Cunningham, Steve Young, Fran Tarkenton, Steve McNair, and John Elway)

*Currently the third-highest winning percentage among active quarterbacks (83-45-1, .647) behind Peyton Manning (119-59-0, .669) and Tom Brady (88-25-0, .779)

• NFC Pro Bowl squad - 2001-05 (starter in 2005; did not play in 2004 due to ribs)

• Five-time NFC Offensive Player of the Week - 11/26/00 at Was.; 12/10/00 at Cle.; 9/22/02 vs. Dal.; 11/16/03 vs. NYG; 12/5/04 vs. GB

• Three-time NFL Offensive Player of the Week - 1/19/02 at Chi. (NFC Divisional Playoff game) - 1/11/04 vs. GB (NFC Divisional Playoff game) 1/16/05 vs. Min. (NFC Divisional Playoff game)

• Four-time NFC Offensive Player of the Month - September 2002; November 2003; September 2004; September 2005

• Voted by his teammates Eagles offensive MVP - 2000-01, 2003-04

• Named NFL Player of the Year by the Terry (Bradshaw) Awards on Fox Sports - 2000

• Named to the All-Madden team – 2000

Just to name a few. You don't get that from throwing 10 good passes a game and the rest of the time you suck. You say he cant compare to John Elway and Brett Favre? Well lets take a look:

Highest winning percentage among active starting QBs (min. 100 starts)
Name----------------------Win------Loss-----------Percentage
Tom Brady-----------------86--------24------------.782
Peyton Manning-----------104-------55-------------.654
Donovan McNabb-------73--------39-------------.652
Brett Favre----------------160-------93-------------.632

NFL's all-time TD/INT ratio (min. 1500 attempts)
Name---------------------TD--------INT-------Pct.
Tom Brady---------------197-------86---------2.29
Steve Young--------------232------107--------2.17
Donovan McNabb-----171------79----------2.16
Peyton Manning----------306------153---------2.00
Joe Montana--------------273------139--------1.96

NFL's all-time QB career INT percentage:
Name----------------------Att.-------INT-----Pct.
Neill O'Donnell------------3229------68------2.11
Donovan McNabb------3732------79------2.12
Mark Brunell--------------4594------106-----2.31
Jeff Garcia----------------3300------77-------2.33
Tom Brady----------------3642------86-------2.36
*min. 1500 attempts

Only 7 players in NFL History have over 25,000 passing yards and 2,500 rushing yards
--------------------------------Rush Yards----------Pass Yards
Randall Cunningham---------4,928-----------------29,979
Steve Young------------------4,239-----------------33,124
Fran Tarkenton---------------3,674-----------------47,003
Steve McNair-----------------3,590-----------------31,304
John Elway--------------------3,407----------------51,475
Donovan McNabb----------2,962----------------25,404
Jim Harbaugh-----------------2,787-----------------26,288

Over the hill? Overrated? Can't compare to Farve or Elway?

Player Bio - Philadelphia Eagles

Donovan McNabb: Career Stats
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #143
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Nice post 44ever.

My favorite line in that rambling post you referred to was "I have watched every game McNabb has played and he is not the "Superstar" the rest of the country thinks he is. They only show you his good plays, which is about two out of 10 passes."

As if all those national Philly games we've all seen were somehow edited down for all us outside of Philly so all we saw was a McNabb highlight reel
Old 04-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #144
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

nice stats, though prepare for someone to mention that the dated ones are from 5 years ago and older.. also having watched him a bit, though not as much as others, just because I love divisional football.. he's not perfect, does make some of the mistakes we've hated others for (balls at the feet, etc) he's a very smart QB and has lead a team for years, through thick and thin

something tells me that his only good games weren't just the ones that I watched
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #145
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

44...STOP using your well contrived logic and facts!!!!
THAT dog won't hunt........here
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #146
mredskins
Gamebreaker

over/under on dogsofwar career post on here? I am saying under 2.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #147
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
NFL's all-time QB career INT percentage:
Name----------------------Att.-------INT-----Pct.
Neill O'Donnell------------3229------68------2.11
Donovan McNabb------3732------79------2.12
Mark Brunell--------------4594------106-----2.31
Jeff Garcia----------------3300------77-------2.33
Tom Brady----------------3642------86-------2.36
*min. 1500 attempts
Holy cow, we need Brunell back to be the backup!