Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why Hasn't Anyone Talked About-A Possible Cancellation?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Most likely scenario for the 2020 NFL season?
Starts on time and all regular season and playoff games are played 3 13.64%
Starts on time but doesn't finish 4 18.18%
Starts late but finishes 3 13.64%
Starts late but doesn't finish 2 9.09%
Stops and starts but finishes 2 9.09%
Stops and starts but doesn't finish 1 4.55%
Entire season canceled, no games played 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2020, 06:48 PM   #136
Burgold
Special Teams

Re: Why Hasn't Anyone Talked About-A Possible Cancellation?

Oh,and now we have those pesky killer bees from Japan,so imagine this-sixty thousand in the stands and here comes a swarm,don't laugh just yet it could happen...NFL season-Doomed!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-05-2020, 07:27 PM   #137
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Oh,and now we have those pesky killer bees from Japan,so imagine this-sixty thousand in the stands and here comes a swarm,don't laugh just yet it could happen...NFL season-Doomed!!
Imagine a world where everybody dies.

Scary, I know. Yet, that's the world we live in today.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:29 PM   #138
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
Thanks to the President, the response to the virus has become a matter of politics.
We all know you hate Trump ...okay let’s move on.. I follow the redskins whole hearted .. I come on this site to get away from politics.. if you want to talk politics there are thousands if sites to do that ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:50 PM   #139
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Imagine a world where everybody dies.

Scary, I know. Yet, that's the world we live in today.
Many of us grew up hearing that ,we use to have drills where we would hide under the desks at school when a certain siren would go off, the big red menace was going to drop the A bomb on us!
Old 05-05-2020, 08:55 PM   #140
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
There will be a “Second Wave” of COVID 19 cases and deaths. It happened in 1918 and it’s happening again. Back then and now the same thing is happening: people need to work, are out of money, and they only see the virus hitting other places like New York and the West Coast. So they want things to “get back to normal”.

That’s the problem with slow rolling the pandemic on a month-by-month basis. Every governor is doing it - wait until next month and “we’ll see how it looks”. Also, you see almost daily reports of some new drug or possible vaccine that’s going to turn it around quickly. But it’s not the truth.
The truth is that this pandemic will go on for a minimum of a year FROM NOW. They are preparing rob manufacture a vaccine in JANUARY, at the earliest, IF IT WORKS. If it works then you’ve got to make 330 million shots and then get them distributed and given to everyone. That gets us to a YEAR FROM NOW. If the vaccine doesn’t work, then we.’really starting all over again.

What does that mean for sports? No fans or limited fans who are separated by space AND wearing masks & gloves. With this new Second Wave of deaths, will people really risk their lives for something they can watch in the safety of their home??

I think the players will have no problem playing in front of no fans. To a certain extent each player has to tune out the fan noise. Now it’s easier!

Not to get political but this would be easier if the President was leading us into the equivalent of a war. Then he could be a leader and tell the truth. Which means saying: “this will take a year or more”. No more slow roll and leadership coming from Governors or lower. But that hasn’t happened and the horse is out of the barn. So the way it is set up, just one Governor can ban fans in his state. That!s why I think you will see:

1. “NO FAN” GAMES. Players getting tested every week and living in a cloistered existence during the season. Everyone else at game - NON-PLAYERS, will be wearing masks and gloves and ALSO will be tested for COVID 19 every week.

2. or a cancelled season. I think people WANT Sports now and will get over the unusual nature of the games.

The public WANTED the NFL draft to go on and it did. It was a complete success. Many liked the homie, “slice of America”, nature of how the draft turned out. I think the same thing will happen at these games. It’s just like a flag football game - players are mostly cheering each other on. We’ll be cheering or yelling at our tv.

I think they’ll work out the details because the NFL fans want a distraction. I’m not sure what will happen with MLB. They have many more games and many more problems that go with it. MLB and the NFL are NOT tied together. The NFL has time to plan this out. I think we’ll have games, but perhaps with no fans, or much fewer than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't get it,.........."pandemics" don't end ,you treat the symptoms and try to develop a vaccine.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:20 PM   #141
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Double checked to make sure. Nope, I'm not in a political thread.
I got crapped on in here for mentioning politics in a sport's thread, now I guess it is ok?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:27 PM   #142
Burgold
Special Teams

Well,everybody's all geeked up for the coming season..in front of NO FANS IN THE STANDS..the networks are excited about this season..oh silly me-THERE AIN'T GONNA BE NO SEASON!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:09 PM   #143
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Many of us grew up hearing that ,we use to have drills where we would hide under the desks at school when a certain siren would go off, the big red menace was going to drop the A bomb on us!
Boy do the times change, when the DC sniper was running around killing everybody they told us to zig zag down the street to avoid getting shot. Still had to go to school every day though.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:23 PM   #144
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Well,everybody's all geeked up for the coming season..in front of NO FANS IN THE STANDS..the networks are excited about this season..oh silly me-THERE AIN'T GONNA BE NO SEASON!!
The season will go on

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:54 PM   #145
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If anything they will just play in empty stadiums
Old 05-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #146
rocnrik
Playmaker

I promote off road dirt bike races .. on March 14-15 we had the first race of the season .. I normally draw 500 bikes and 1200 through the gate .. on the Thursday before the race I was getting calls and hearing that the event might get shut down .. well it did not and we had over 1400 through the gate and over 500 riders .. folks camped , partied etc .. the monday after the race the damn broke and everything started to shut down.. At that point I started to worry if I had done the right thing and maybe should have canceled the event .. for the next 14 days I was nervous about the news of a covid outbreak .. I know just about all the folks and it’s a tight series so if somebody got sick I would know .. well thank goodness nobody did .. we are still getting together ( obeying the 6 foot rule) and other safety precautions.. had over 100 riders last weekend . I can tell you that Walmart is slam packed as well as hardware stores .. in fact other than bars, restaurants.. gyms , hair salons and things like that where I live is busy .. no major industry have stopped here .. so I’m optimistic that there will be a season .. fed ex seats how many 70 thousand ? So if they cut the crowd to half that and did other precautions do you guys still think no season ? Barring another big spike in cases I think there will be games .. we are waiting on governor to open things up more in central Virginia!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:26 AM   #147
Ohioskins
Special Teams

There will be games until a player tests positive. Then what?
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:35 AM   #148
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

They playing

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:38 PM   #149
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's when we'll see a hiatus like the NBA/NHL but nothing you can do about that
Old 05-09-2020, 08:00 PM   #150
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:

They get put on PUP list.

The team calls up someone from the practice squad to replace him.

The rest of the roster gets tested daily.

This is how the NBA is thinking they'll handle that issue, when they restart their season.

Per Shams Charania of The Athletic, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver told players on a conference call Friday that a positive result would force the affected player into quarantine for 14 days, but not his entire team.

That wasn’t the case upon Gobert’s test in March, with consideration given to players on his own team and opponents that had been in close contact with Gobert and were at a higher risk of testing positive.

But if or when the NBA resumes, the league hopes to have enough testing capacity to continue testing those other players on a daily basis. In March, there simply were not enough tests for that to be an option.

Or in Germany, where they resume soccer play ...

In Germany, where soccer is set to return next weekend, 10 positive results were recently recorded from tests of essential personnel heading into training. However, the league continues to move forward, and the green light was given by government officials after those results.

Full article here:

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/202...sideline-team/
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote