Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Greg Blache needs to be held accountable!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #136
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Greg Blache needs to be held accountable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

that's just your opinion but the so called experts that I've heard think he's done a good job.
Your so called "experts" get more press by saying that Snyder likes to get big time free agents like Haynesworth and Hall and still fail, instead of asking why can't the defensive coordinator make these defense elite with this talent.

As a matter of fact, we fans lay the blame on Snyder and Cerrato all the time, yet we don't ask ourselves why can't the coaches succeed with these talented players.
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #137
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It is just my opinion, but those experts suck.

Not because they disagree with me, but because they are claiming "expertise" off of superficial knowledge. I claim no such expertise, I just offer an opinion based on much more direct evidence.

Not one person who goes through the game tape here (and there are at least 5 of us) think Blache is good at what he does.
Oh ok. I think they all played NFL football and have more knowledge than people around here do. And just cause some of you watch film doesn't mean you know what your talking about, or know the details of the schemes. Everyone just wants to cry about the coaching, which could be better. But the real problem is we just don't have the players. But no one wants to hear that.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #138
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Oh ok. I think they all played NFL football and have more knowledge than people around here do. And just cause some of you watch film doesn't mean you know what your talking about, or know the details of the schemes. Everyone just wants to cry about the coaching, which could be better. But the real problem is we just don't have the players. But no one wants to hear that.
I'm not saying we do or do not have the players.

Watching film does not automatically give me any sort of authority, kind of like playing in the NFL doesn't give anyone any specific football expertise, and kind of like spending a lot of money doesn't automatically give you a ton of talent. See how this game works?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #139
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
One of the reasons I got really, really pissed off with Blache at the end of last year was how he managed to find all the wrong solutions to the simplest problems, and covered his ass with excuses with no regard for the long-term health of the team.

Problem: Carlos Rogers can't defend a double move when your stupid-ass 8 man run blitz doesn't get to Flacco
Solution: Conclude that Carlos isn't the same player he was in the first half of the season (against all evidence), then bench him for DeAngelo Hall.

Problem: Your pass defense can't get off the field in any of the final five games of the seasonSolution: Remind everyone that only three teams have given up fewer yards than you.

Problem: Despite being one of the blitziest coordinators in the NFL, your defense ranks in the bottom five in both sacks and interceptionsSolution: Remind everyone that while big plays are nice, that only three teams have given up fewer yards than you.

Problem: You sign Albert Haynesworth in the offseason to bolster your pass rushSolution: Remind everyone that you were the fourth overall defense in yards against the year before, and anything Albert brings to your gleaming excellence is really just a bonus. It was never about Albert, he's just a player in your scheme.

Basically, as long as you can point out that things aren't your fault, people will keep defending your non-results as a big important deal.
Sounds like Zorn during his pressers.....

And yeah, I'm so over Blache.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #140
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Your so called "experts" get more press by saying that Snyder likes to get big time free agents like Haynesworth and Hall and still fail, instead of asking why can't the defensive coordinator make these defense elite with this talent.

As a matter of fact, we fans lay the blame on Snyder and Cerrato all the time, yet we don't ask ourselves why can't the coaches succeed with these talented players.
Cause Hall sucks shit. Good corners aren't on their 3rd team when they're 25 years old. You don't see that in the NFL. You don't see the guy on Oakland ( can't spell his name) moving around do you? Haynesworth is horribly out of shape. But when he takes on double teams the other guys ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH. So keep blaming Blache all you want, I happen to agree that he needs to be more aggressive, but the real issue here is the personel on both sides of the ball.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #141
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Cause Hall sucks shit. Good corners aren't on their 3rd team when they're 25 years old. You don't see that in the NFL. You don't see the guy on Oakland ( can't spell his name) moving around do you? Haynesworth is horribly out of shape. But when he takes on double teams the other guys ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH. So keep blaming Blache all you want, I happen to agree that he needs to be more aggressive, but the real issue here is the personel on both sides of the ball.
I think we could open an entirely different thread on whether or not we have the talent to succeed on defense. The way the D is playing, there is plenty of suck to go around. Blache can get fired tomorrow, and we probably wouldn't get a ton better. But at least Jerry Gray would be accountable for the performance of his unit.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #142
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Randy Moss is on his third team, yes I know he's not a corner nor am I stating that Hall is as talented in his position as Moss is at his, just saying your example is weak.

By the way, I'm not just blaming Blache, but I think it is very absent minded for someone to just blame the players or just the FO.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #143
tjmorgan
Camp Scrub

I am so tired of seeing this scheme by our defense. Our DB's sit back almost 10 yards every play and we get no pressure on any QB. A freaken rookie just beat us. An arrogant rookie who we did not force into any bad plays by our scheme. How about we press in coverage and bring some real blitz every now and then. This crap we play of "lets give up 10 yards a play but not the big one" will beat us all season. Pile on top of that an offensive line with no push forward will never allow us to have a running game.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #144
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Was just watching NFL Network and they said that the Redskins were LAST in 3rd down defense.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
Old 09-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #145
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Whoever is giving Blache a free pass needs to get their head out their ass like Blache does. Since Greg Williams left our defense has been on the decline. I think it has a lot to do with Blache going away from things that were successful in the past. Because of his own arrogance and stubborness. Seems like common sense to me. We have some of the same core players and suposedly upgraded at some positions. I will say that we miss Marcus Washington & Shawn Springs. But they couldn't stay healthy.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
Old 09-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #146
Meks
Pro Bowl

^ really miss Springs ....

and i hate blache. i agree since GW left we've been declining, and WILL continue to get beat with thi sbend dont break bullshit. cuz it DOES break, even against a rookie QB and a 0 - 19 team. Blache needs to fix it I'd like to see him fired sooner than later.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 09-29-2009, 04:25 AM   #147
skins89moss
Playmaker

Blache better find some way to get more pressure on the QB by scheming up some exotic blitzes cause we dont have many players can beat the man in front of them. Blache better know he is on the Hot seat since we spent more effort to improve our Defense. We better get of the field on 3rd downs so our offence can get more touches.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #148
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
One of the reasons I got really, really pissed off with Blache at the end of last year was how he managed to find all the wrong solutions to the simplest problems, and covered his ass with excuses with no regard for the long-term health of the team.

Problem: Carlos Rogers can't defend a double move when your stupid-ass 8 man run blitz doesn't get to Flacco

Solution: Conclude that Carlos isn't the same player he was in the first half of the season (against all evidence), then bench him for DeAngelo Hall.

Problem: Your pass defense can't get off the field in any of the final five games of the season

Solution: Remind everyone that only three teams have given up fewer yards than you.

Problem: Despite being one of the blitziest coordinators in the NFL, your defense ranks in the bottom five in both sacks and interceptions

Solution: Remind everyone that while big plays are nice, that only three teams have given up fewer yards than you.

Problem: You sign Albert Haynesworth in the offseason to bolster your pass rush

Solution: Remind everyone that you were the fourth overall defense in yards against the year before, and anything Albert brings to your gleaming excellence is really just a bonus. It was never about Albert, he's just a player in your scheme.

Basically, as long as you can point out that things aren't your fault, people will keep defending your non-results as a big important deal.
This is what our biggest problem is on both sides of the ball. Both schemers believe with all their heart that their system works...and when it doesn't it is because the players effed it up. Neither wants to admit that maybe their scheme doesn't work with these players or maybe at all. We have more talent than both STL and Det and in both cases we didn't show it. Or even close. That has a lot to do with the scheme.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #149
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Whoever is giving Blache a free pass needs to get their head out their ass like Blache does. Since Greg Williams left our defense has been on the decline. I think it has a lot to do with Blache going away from things that were successful in the past. Because of his own arrogance and stubborness. Seems like common sense to me. We have some of the same core players and suposedly upgraded at some positions. I will say that we miss Marcus Washington & Shawn Springs. But they couldn't stay healthy.
I don't think he's getting a free pass. But people that think the defense is a bigger problem than the offense needs to get their head out of their ass.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #150
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I don't think he's getting a free pass. But people that think the defense is a bigger problem than the offense needs to get their head out of their ass.
I think it's about even. But honestly, weren't you expecting much more out of the defense?