Supreme Court vacancy

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-25-2020, 10:06 AM   #136
MTK
\m/

Re: Supreme Court vacancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
He could STFU way more often. But it wouldn't make a difference if he didn't have Twitter at all let alone used it incessantly. He gets bashed for everything and credit for nothing. Not saying some of it isn't warranted, but it's just way over the top and one-sided.
I think it would make a big difference. The more you talk the more you open yourself up for criticism. And he loves to talk.

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2020, 10:14 AM   #137
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think it would make a big difference. The more you talk the more you open yourself up for criticism. And he loves to talk.
It couldn't hurt. But Bush2 didn't have social media, didn't seem to do him much good. He got called a fucking idiot and every other name under the sun for 8 years. I thought he got it bad, and in hindsight he was definitely not a good president, but compared to Trump he was coddled.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:17 AM   #138
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
It couldn't hurt. But Bush2 didn't have social media, didn't seem to do him much good. He got called a fucking idiot and every other name under the sun for 8 years. I thought he got it bad, and in hindsight he was definitely not a good president, but compared to Trump he was coddled.
Now imagine if W was on Twitter, it would have made things 100 times worse for him.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #139
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:46 PM   #140
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Obama also wasn't on Twitter all day and night saying dumb shit constantly. Maybe if Trump had more restraint he wouldn't get killed from all angles.
He does bring it on himself!!!
Old 09-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #141
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Chicos Utopia. Lol. Bah bah blind sheep.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:01 PM   #142
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

The hands maid tale is a scary reference.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:13 PM   #143
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
The hands maid tale is a scary reference.
It is but I think that's been proven false. We don't need to resort to unverified rumors when we can just use words she's already said in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Today
She encouraged the graduating class to “keep in mind that your legal career is but a means to an end, and as Father Jenkins told you this morning, that end is building the kingdom of God.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...me/3496107001/

Hoping the left makes her clarify which is priority #1 in her life, her faith, or the law.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:02 PM   #144
SunnySide
Playmaker

Obergefell v. Hodges - SC case that said all States must treat and give same sex couples the same rights and protections under the law, including issuing marriage certificates to same sex couples. It was decided 5-4. Kavanaugh and Gorsuch were not on the bench in 2015.

Today, SCOTUS decided not to hear an appeal on Kim Davis, county clerk who refused to issue same sex certificates, but Justice Thomas made it clear in comments he strongly disagrees with Obergefell.

-------------------------------
Thomas said Obergefell forced Davis to choose "between her religious beliefs and her job. When she chose to follow her faith, and without any statutory protection of her religious beliefs, she was sued almost immediately for violating the constitutional rights of same-sex couples."

The Obergefell opinion authored by Kennedy aimed to balance the rights of religious people with those of gay couples, saying that "[m]any who deem same-sex marriage to be wrong reach that conclusion based on decent and honorable religious or philosophical premises."

Kennedy added: "[I]t must be emphasized that religions, and those who adhere to religious doctrines, may continue to advocate with utmost, sincere conviction that, by divine precepts, same-sex marriage should not be condoned."

But Thomas argued Monday that Obergefell is highly flawed and marginalizes those who do not believe in same-sex marriage.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tho...e-sex-marriage
-----------------------------------

Religous beliefs effecting a public servant employees ability to do their job (issue marriage certificates) is going to go before the SC again.

Most logical view I have read (from a religious person) is that the State actually is not in the marriage business. Marriage is a religious ceremony. The State doesnt do "marriages" but actually issues a certificate of a contract between 2 people ... therefore Kim Davis' religious objection is misplaced and not relevant to State issuing a contract.

Nominee Barrett should be asked how she feels about public servants religious beliefs effecting their ability to perform their job duties.

Allowing states to not issue certificates for same sex marriage is very much in the SCOTUS cross hairs. Next it will be not allowing same sex couples the same protections under the law in Trust and Estate matters .. and then job discrimination.

Last edited by SunnySide; 10-05-2020 at 02:25 PM.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:07 PM   #145
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Notorious ACB will be an inspiration to all girls, young women and moms across the country. What a family too, 7 kids and adoptions? Someone truly special.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #146
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The Notorious ACB will be an inspiration to all girls, young women and moms across the country. What a family too, 7 kids and adoptions? Someone truly special.
Nice lady , really. What make's you think she is anywhere ready to be a SC Justice?
Old 10-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #147
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Right, because we all want to live a cookie cutter life, church on Sunday at 8 am, swear jar in the fucking kitchen and picking the kids up in the minivan after school.

She's a fucking joke. Set the example for others, but you don't get to dictate how other people live.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:31 PM   #148
SunnySide
Playmaker

Lol y’all know Chico is just messing with you all.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #149
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Where's the lie?
Old 10-13-2020, 10:41 AM   #150
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Where's the lie?