Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Domestic terrorism

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-08-2016, 09:32 AM   #136
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Domestic terrorism

As for the Bundy's "protest," they have seized federal property under force of arms and have indicated that they will use force against any federal, state or local lawfully authorized enforcement officers. If I were President, I would notify them that they have 48 hours to lay down their arms and surrender. If they fail to do so, the full force and power of the United States will be brought to bear against them.

I would inform them that I consider them to be bearing arms in revolt against the lawfully and duly elected government of the US, Oregon and County and, as such, they will be treated as traitors leading an armed insurrection. If they surrender peacefully, they will be treated with leniency but they will still be prosecuted in federal and state courts for their illegal actions. If they failed to surrender, the full force of the US Army will be brought to bear.

I would then move a regiment of infantry to surround the area at a safe distance to prevent any one from joining them and park some nice big ass mobile artillery to target the building. They would receive an hourly countdown with notice that the artillery will open fire on any traitors remaining on federal property when time expires. At the 48 hour mark, I would give the order to open fire and not think twice.

Their actions are unlawful and constitute an armed rebellion. They are rebels and traitors and should be treated as such.

... and don't give me the "Our founding fathers were considered rebels and traitors." The founders were ruled by a government where they had no lawful means of representation. They had no one to represent them in Parliament and no inherent right to peacefully assemble to voice their discontent. These dickheads have all that. No, the real analogy here is the Whiskey Rebellion of 1791.

Quote:
The Whiskey Rebellion, also known as the Whiskey Insurrection, was a tax protest in the United States beginning in 1791, during the presidency of George Washington. ... The [tax] was a part of U.S. treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton's program to fund war debt incurred during the American Revolutionary War.

The tax was resisted by farmers in the western frontier regions who were long accustomed to distilling their surplus grain and corn into whiskey. ... Many of the resisters were war veterans who believed that they were fighting for the principles of the American Revolution, in particular against taxation without local representation, while the U.S. federal government maintained the taxes were the legal expression of the taxation powers of Congress.

Throughout counties in Western Pennsylvania, protesters used violence and intimidation to prevent federal officials from collecting the tax. Resistance came to a climax in July 1794, when a U.S. marshal arrived in western Pennsylvania to serve writs to distillers who had not paid the excise. The alarm was raised, and more than 500 armed men attacked the fortified home of tax inspector General John Neville. Washington responded by sending peace commissioners to western Pennsylvania to negotiate with the rebels, while at the same time calling on governors to send a militia force to enforce the tax. With 13,000 militiamen provided by the governors of Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, Washington rode at the head of an army to suppress the insurgency.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Rebellion

Seems be pretty much spot on to me .

Advertisements
Old 01-08-2016, 09:36 AM   #137
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'll never understand the fascination with guns.
I think that is probably the most factual statement I have read in this thread.......
And Joe....whatever it is you don't agree with....You're stupid..lol
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #138
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
As for the Bundy's "protest," they have seized federal property under force of arms and have indicated that they will use force against any federal, state or local lawfully authorized enforcement officers. If I were President, I would notify them that they have 48 hours to lay down their arms and surrender. If they fail to do so, the full force and power of the United States will be brought to bear against them.

I would inform them that I consider them to be bearing arms in revolt against the lawfully and duly elected government of the US, Oregon and County and, as such, they will be treated as traitors leading an armed insurrection. If they surrender peacefully, they will be treated with leniency but they will still be prosecuted in federal and state courts for their illegal actions. If they failed to surrender, the full force of the US Army will be brought to bear.

I would then move a regiment of infantry to surround the area at a safe distance to prevent any one from joining them and park some nice big ass mobile artillery to target the building. They would receive an hourly countdown with notice that the artillery will open fire on any traitors remaining on federal property when time expires. At the 48 hour mark, I would give the order to open fire and not think twice.

Their actions are unlawful and constitute an armed rebellion. They are rebels and traitors and should be treated as such.

... and don't give me the "Our founding fathers were considered rebels and traitors." The founders were ruled by a government where they had no lawful means of representation. They had no one to represent them in Parliament and no inherent right to peacefully assemble to voice their discontent. These dickheads have all that. No, the real analogy here is the Whiskey Rebellion of 1791.

An armed confrontation is just want these folks want, much like ISIS. I legitimizes this faux sense of cause.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:19 AM   #139
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Totally agree.

We went to Cabals in DE last week with our neighbors. We were walking around the gun part just laughing our asses off at what a waste of money it was. We really lost our shit when we came to the "champagne room" where they kept the even fancier more stupid expensive guns.

Sorry if I offended anyone but it just seems like a total waste to me. Go buy a PS4 and and COD and just have at it.
Oh yea, thats a fair comparison.
Just download a flight sim.
Same thing as flying an F-15 or a 747.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #140
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
An armed confrontation is just want these folks want, much like ISIS. I legitimizes this faux sense of cause.
I get that. Forming a perimeter and starving them out is another response. However, that just creates a siege which, in turn, presents a whole separate set of problems, costs, and risks. The more attention the traitors actions garner; the more tension they creates throughout the country. Right now, they are a festering open wound and strong, lawful, and definitive action is needed. Save the hugs for later. This is one of those situations that, no matte what is done, each side will spin for their own benefit.

In the Whiskey Rebellion, by the time the US Army showed up, the rebels decided "hmm, looks like they gonna kick our ass" and peacefully dispersed without a shot fired. To paraphrase Mike Tyson "Everyone has a plan until they have M109A6 Paladin aimed at their face."

Just as in that case, strong, decisive leadership that takes firm, fair, and lawful action is needed. G. Washington, the supreme diplomat general, exhibited just those traits when confronted with this type of insurrection.

Unfortunately, we have Obama.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:44 AM   #141
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I think that is probably the most factual statement I have read in this thread.......
And Joe....whatever it is you don't agree with....You're stupid..lol
Well, clearly that just means you are stupider.

... there, we have just summed up the current state of public debate and political discussion in the United States.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:21 AM   #142
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

I agree, this is more a case of the Whiskey Rebellion, and should be put down in an efficient and quick manner.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:23 AM   #143
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Well, clearly that just means you are stupider.

... there, we have just summed up the current state of public debate and political discussion in the United States.
you are stupidest, and wrong.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #144
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I get that. Forming a perimeter and starving them out is another response. However, that just creates a siege which, in turn, presents a whole separate set of problems, costs, and risks. The more attention the traitors actions garner; the more tension they creates throughout the country. Right now, they are a festering open wound and strong, lawful, and definitive action is needed. Save the hugs for later. This is one of those situations that, no matte what is done, each side will spin for their own benefit.

In the Whiskey Rebellion, by the time the US Army showed up, the rebels decided "hmm, looks like they gonna kick our ass" and peacefully dispersed without a shot fired. To paraphrase Mike Tyson "Everyone has a plan until they have M109A6 Paladin aimed at their face."

Just as in that case, strong, decisive leadership that takes firm, fair, and lawful action is needed. G. Washington, the supreme diplomat general, exhibited just those traits when confronted with this type of insurrection.

Unfortunately, we have Obama.
Well, I just don't think these folks are that bright to disperse. I'd hate to have anyone harmed for a piece of land that essentially has no real value except preservation. If deadly force was ever used, it would give a rally cry to anti government turds across the country. Best way to end it is if all media would essentially stop give these losers a mouth piece.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #145
MTK
\m/

lol this is awesome

http://nymag.com/following/2016/01/r...militants.html
Old 01-08-2016, 11:10 PM   #146
That Guy
Living Legend

you kinda don't want to be the president that ordered americans to kill americans. they want this to be ruby ridge w/ social media coverage.

it'd probably be better to smoke them out or put tranq guns onto rovers. you should definitely throw them all in jail. you can't let people think that armed takeovers of federal property is a legitimate form of protest or a good way to get what you want.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:13 AM   #147
MTK
\m/

Domestic terrorism

^ agree, although I highly doubt these dopes are truly ready to die like they say, a confrontation is what they want. Don't give it to them. I wish the media would just pack up and go home.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #148
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

<iframe src="http://www.npr.org/player/embed/465325691/465325697" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" title="NPR embedded audio player"></iframe>

Interesting podcast of a Fresh Air interview. Love Terry Gross she always does great interviews and can always gets her guests to answer the tough questions.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #149
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'll never understand the fascination with guns.
I'm not sure what there is to understand? There's a since of control, survival, security, or power that comes with gun ownership. It's a part of teaching your family how to take care of themselves. Some people take martial arts. Some people hire armed guards. It's all about being secure and in control.

Gun enthusiasts are just like enthusiasts of anything else. One person might look at a bedroom dresser and find the beauty in the wood, the finish, the overall design. Others look at the dresser and think it's a fucking dresser that holds clothes. Big deal.

We all have fascinations that others can't make sense of. I am fascinated with hard rock and heavy metal. You might be fascinated by video games or cigars, who knows? There's someone out there who views those things and think, WTF are you wasting your time on that shit?
Old 02-17-2016, 03:43 PM   #150
MTK
\m/

You pretty much answered your own question about my question. ^