The 2nd Amendment Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-23-2021, 06:09 PM   #136
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The 2nd Amendment Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Racist cult. 110%. Modern day KKK/ NAZI party.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2021, 06:46 PM   #137
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
It had been said they could. The gun was bought on a straw purchase...that makes it illegal and Rittenhouse was part of that. Really , you are defending a 17 year old who thinks he needs an assault rifle and is getting paid to be security for a Car dealer , you're not that stupid....
Since as you say I'm not that stupid, I'm almost certain that juries (excluding grand juries of course - different animal entirely) cannot add charges to a case. Pretty sure they could be given a range of charges to consider that they could choose from but they can't decide on their own to add charges.

And BTW defending the jury decision does not equate to defending Rittenhouse. They made the correct decision based on the evidence presented and the laws of the state. Your beef should be with the laws on the books not the jury or those that think the jury made the correct decision.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 06:52 PM   #138
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I blame the laws, the Judge, the prosecution for fumbling and bumbling. A strong prosecution would have gotten him.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:01 PM   #139
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I blame the laws, the Judge, the prosecution for fumbling and bumbling. A strong prosecution would have gotten him.
You realize he shot 3 white guys. One was a convicted sex offender against children and the other a ex con for violent crimes. I am confused why you guys are so up in arms about this.

I am as democrat as they come but just reading the stories of this trail I am just like ok 2 less pieces of white trash in the world.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:42 AM   #140
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
You realize he shot 3 white guys. One was a convicted sex offender against children and the other a ex con for violent crimes. I am confused why you guys are so up in arms about this.

I am as democrat as they come but just reading the stories of this trail I am just like ok 2 less pieces of white trash in the world.
It’s the same reason the media continues to lie about the case, it’s not about the facts or even right vs wrong…it’s wokeness cult-like religion which has infected your party. My sister voted GOP, Youngkin, for the first time in her life a month ago.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 08:41 AM   #141
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Well same criticism applies here in this justification as it does on the main point of contention for those angry about the acquittal (ie Rittenhouse having a gun at the riot). Them being scumbags has nothing to do with the legality of the shooting. (ie - Floyd was a scumbag but that didn't give Chauvin the right to do what he did).
Old 11-24-2021, 08:43 AM   #142
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It’s the same reason the media continues to lie about the case, it’s not about the facts or even right vs wrong…it’s wokeness cult-like religion which has infected your party. My sister voted GOP, Youngkin, for the first time in her life a month ago.
Concur, but unfortunately the other party (my party) is also infected with a cult.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #143
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
yup +1
Old 11-24-2021, 10:02 AM   #144
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

You need to read up on the victims.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/20/10575...er-grosskreutz
Old 11-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #145
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
No chico , you just keep lying about the media , you just keep crying about the media when you are the one at fault, it's the trump sheep cult that will not take responsibility for their own actions and you are one.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:26 AM   #146
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
If you would need a strong prosecution and a prosecution favoring judge to get a conviction ... perhaps that case isnt strong enough to satisfy the high burden in criminal cases.

This was self defense. I hate the notion someone can put themselves in a dangerous situation then claim that very danger they sought made them fear for their life but here, it still just barely fell to the side of self defense.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/video/keno...house-72737520

^^ really good 4:44 min video of the live footage of what happened.

I wish I had seen this video earlier. Rittenhouse did try and flee from the crazy shirtless guy before shooting him. Rittenhouse circled back very soon after shooting shirtless guy and stood next to him and called 911. Then a crowd came and he (smartly) fled.

--------------

I found the video to be very good ..

re the media is the enemy ... we have vast amounts of information at our finger tips. We all have sites we flock to for confirmation bias (redstate or fox for reds; huff root for blue). It is up to each one of us to make our decisions about what sources to believe, give weight to ... personally I like to consume it all. Only direct quotes or videos get a presumption of truth.

"media misled me" = youre a gullible moron then.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:35 AM   #147
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
If you would need a strong prosecution and a prosecution favoring judge to get a conviction ... perhaps that case isnt strong enough to satisfy the high burden in criminal cases.

This was self defense. I hate the notion someone can put themselves in a dangerous situation then claim that very danger they sought made them fear for their life but here, it still just barely fell to the side of self defense.

I wish I had seen this video earlier. Rittenhouse did try and flee from the crazy shirtless guy before shooting him. Rittenhouse circled back very soon after shooting shirtless guy and stood next to him and called 911. Then a crowd came and he (smartly) fled.

--------------

re the media is the enemy ... we have vast amounts of information at our finger tips. We all have sites we flock to for confirmation bias (redstate or fox for reds; huff root for blue). It is up to each one of us to make our decisions about what sources to believe, give weight to ... personally I like to consume it all. Only direct quotes or videos get a presumption of truth.

I watched the video , I still think a young and stupid kid put himself someplace he shouldn't have been and yes, is guilty.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:49 AM   #148
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

--------------

That was a great video thank you.

I agree with that statement. Rittenhouse looks like some dork that was playing COD one day then decide to go try it himself in real life.

It be like if i had a very expensive house and stacks of gold bars and money and you could see it all from the street. Every night i left the door open and all the windows and signs that said come and take it. Then when someone eventually tries I wait until they are in my home and I shot them. I mean it was self defense but I sure made it enticing; no different then a rat trap with cheese. That is basically what Rittenhouse did, he waited for a opportunity that was perceived to be self defense and that is exactly what the jury perceived it to be self defense.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:53 AM   #149
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I watched the video , I still think a young and stupid kid put himself someplace he shouldn't have been and yes, is guilty.
Only have to convince 12 he is not guilty; you were not one of the 12.

I sat on a rape trail for 4 days with 2 days of deliberations. God was that eye opening. The first vote was 3 guilty to 9 not guilty; i was one of the 3. Eventually we found him guilty and he was guilty. But how 12 different minds perceive something that was laid out to them in the exact same order; its amazing humans ever agree on anything.
Old 11-24-2021, 11:17 AM   #150
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Now I believe all those guys in Georgia are guilty as fuck. I’m hoping for the guilty verdict there

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote