Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ukraine mega thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #136
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Hey there's about to be a war in Ukraine.

It's amazing nobody cares that Putin has amassed a fuckin invading force along the border of eastern Ukraine in the last 2 weeks. Folks they are going to invade the Ukraine.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2014, 08:15 PM   #137
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

If I were Eastern Ukraine, I would be very worried about when Putin sets up a meeting with Obama, or if Obama sets a line in the sand.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:06 AM   #138
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If I were Eastern Ukraine, I would be very worried about when Putin sets up a meeting with Obama, or if Obama sets a line in the sand.
Don't worry. I am sure there will be peace in our time.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #139
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It's amazing nobody cares that Putin has amassed a fuckin invading force along the border of eastern Ukraine in the last 2 weeks. Folks they are going to invade the Ukraine.
It's ok, we'll disable their twitter accounts.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #140
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Reading the news, intelligence reports are stating embedded with the troops are a good number of medical personnel and roaming military hospitals. Why would they need those?

He Gets Us
Old 03-29-2014, 03:21 PM   #141
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Reading the news, intelligence reports are stating embedded with the troops are a good number of medical personnel and roaming military hospitals. Why would they need those?
To help all the Russian speaking people in eastern Ukraine who sprain their ankles.
/sarc
Old 03-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #142
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The Russian view of the situation, including how they see sanctions impacting them:

The Ukraine Crisis and Vladimir Putin: A New Financial System Free from Wall Street and the City of London? | Global Research

found it a pretty interesting read. Parts of it might convert NC_Skins!
Is this a joke article? It sounds straight out of a North Korea declaration.

"And it is Putin, the first leader who resisted and defeated the strategy of world domination, who is enjoying the enthusiastic support of his people and the growing admiration of the world. The well financed media and politicians do not want to hear this, but this is the reality. Without exaggeration, one can compare this resistance to that against Napoleon and Hitler…"

Yes, nothing says "resisting against Napoleon and Hitler" like invading and annexing your neighbors. Wait a minute....
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #143
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

according to the text this is video of a Ukraine fighter, then a few seconds later a Russian ground attack plane, flying over ground near Kramatorsk - Eastern region near Donetsk.

Ukrainian SU-37 fighter flies over Kramatorsk,... | Yahoo News
Old 04-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #144
over the mountain
Playmaker

the ukraine situation is getting real, real fast.

it has been very interesting to follow this situation. there is a ukraine forum on topix.com which gives you unique insight to what is happening on the ground and what some people think. the russian message board (not surprisingly) has very little voiced dissent and it seems like ppl are smart enough to not air any negative opinions of the kremlin.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #145
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Leaflets warn Ukrainian Jews to register, or face deportation | WTVR.com

Wow. Im sure this has peaked Isreal's interest.

He Gets Us
Old 04-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #146
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I really don't know if I am just over thinking this, or the administration is just ignorant of Russian beliefs and intentions. Quick news came out yesterday that the sides had reached an agreement in Geneva, and from the administration's statements, you would think that Russia finally agreed to something, but here are the 5 main points (from a guardian article):

The deal has five main points:

• All sides refrain from violence, and reject expressions "of extremism, racism and religious intolerance, including antisemitism".

• All illegal armed groups must be disarmed; all illegally seized buildings must be returned; all illegally occupied streets and other public places in Ukrainian cities and towns must be vacated.

• Amnesty will be granted to protesters and to those who have left buildings and other public places and surrendered weapons, with the exception of those found guilty of capital crimes.

• The OSCE would play a leading role in helping the authorities implement the agreement.

• Constitutional reform would be inclusive, transparent and accountable.

But looking at the points in order:
1) Russia has already stated that it believes that the Ukrainian interim government is the one failing to "refrain from violence, and reject expressions "of extremism, racism and religious intolerance, including antisemitism"". And if the Ukrainian government were to use force to put down Russian protesters, Russia could point to this bullet point and say Kiev is at fault

2) Again, Russia believes the former president who was ousted is the rightful president of Ukraine, and that the current occupiers of Kiev would also be included as "All illegal armed groups must be disarmed; all illegally seized buildings must be returned; all illegally occupied streets and other public places in Ukrainian cities and towns must be vacated." In other words, Russia could use this part to overturn the actions of February, or at least justification for it.

3) Who decides who is guilty of capital crimes? Would the February actions be considered treason and thus capital crimes in Russia's view. I would say yes.

4) The OSCE will play a leading role, this again gives cover for Russian military action. Sure OSCE might fight it, but again, Russia and Putin specifically is speaking to Russian citizens, he already has shown he doesn't care what the West thinks of his actions.

5) the Soviet constitution was all those things, but the words were meaningless.

Maybe Putin actually means it the same way the West understands it, but I highly doubt it.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #147
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Actually, Russia is already saying what I just posted:

Ukranian Newspaper article

it's in Ukranian, atleast in Chrome you can use google translate to come up with this:

Quote:
Russia calls on Kyiv disarm "Right sector" referring to an agreement in Geneva during the quadripartite talks. This was stated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia. The department clarified that this meant as agreed with the EU diplomats, the U.S. and Ukraine on the need to disarming the militias. "Obviously, when we talk about disarmament, it, first of all, the removal of weapons in" the right sector "and other fascist groups who participated in the February revolution in Kiev. Same Square proponents must first release the captured their public institutions and other facilities in the capital and western regions, "- said in a statement the Russian Foreign Ministry.
Більше читайте тут: Ukrainian Article
Old 04-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #148
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The funny thing about this situation is Putin could end the instability in Ukraine pretty easily if he truly wanted to. He is just gettin off now and I really think his is measuring more the Europeans than the us. He has his eye on the prize and think he has a lot of wheels in motion not only Ukraine but other ex soviet states. He may feel comfortable enough with his economy to go for it, but he is certainly monitoring the internal pressure upon the Russian economy to see if it could handle more stress.

Also think Putin knows he has a window with Obama but he might not get the same advantage with a republican in the White House.

He Gets Us
Old 04-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #149
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Pretty unnerving story of a city's mayor disappearing. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/04/20..._r=0&referrer=
Old 04-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #150
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Putin's plan | European Council on Foreign Relations

very well written and probably dead on as to what Putin is trying to accomplish, and what he is willing to do to get there.