Sam howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-09-2023, 01:46 PM   #136
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Sam howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We we’re pretty damn close to the playoffs this year SS. Slightly better quarterback play would’ve got us there. I don’t think it is as doom and gloom as usual when the season is over but who knows? Competent staff and a new owner would br a great start. Howell may surprise us but we need the right people around him. See the 49’ers.
Better decision making in the titans and vikings games also get us there...

see the ridiculous games vs. the giants, as well.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-09-2023, 01:48 PM   #137
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Sam Howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Better than going in with Wentz and Taylor and they got us 7 wins. Howell is better than either guy. If he played for the last few weeks our season isn’t over.
Wouldn't go in with them either

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 01:53 PM   #138
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Interesting article from 2021 that looks at trading up for "your guy" It had been done 29 times in the common draft era with mixed results.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/s...ft-quarterback

I don't want to do a king's ransom for a guy because that gamble rarely seems to work but a modest trade up if we think we can get a first round grade prospect I'd be for it.
i wonder if they write a code that goes back in past articles and wipes Redskins/WFT logos and replaces it with Commanders logo.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:57 PM   #139
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Andrew Brandt always talks about the conflict between the front office (planning for the future) vs coaching staff (planning for now). With new ownership and Snyder's f*ckery out of the way, I'm curious to see some of that in play next year.

While a new owner won't make changes right away, I'm sure there will be some push back on making a big trade, either up in the draft or for a veteran, this offseason. I guess this would depend on the timeline of when a new owner can take charge of the team and when free agency/the draft happens.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 02:22 PM   #140
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
i wonder if they write a code that goes back in past articles and wipes Redskins/WFT logos and replaces it with Commanders logo.

Hahaha that's funny I didn't even notice that the first time I went through
Old 01-09-2023, 02:28 PM   #141
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I would not want to pay someone like Carr who sucks and that money can be spent on players like Curl, Payne, etc. there is no need to spend money on losers like Carr, Wentz. Have we not learned a lesson?

DO NOT get Carr. He is a below avg QB that chokes in big games. He’s very similar to Dak and Cousins. Looks good one week and shit the next. Why pay someone like that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2023, 02:41 PM   #142
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
DO NOT get Carr. He is a below avg QB that chokes in big games. He’s very similar to Dak and Cousins. Looks good one week and shit the next. Why pay someone like that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NFL's version of Linda Lovelace

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 03:11 PM   #143
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
With Howell it is not just the arm, his ball placement is light years ahead of Heinicke and Wentz, that allowed Terry and Jahan to run after the catch, also contributed to a couple of the drops as they were getting a little to eager to head upfield knowing the ball was going to arrive when it was supposed to. Directly contributed to Terrys touchdown. Still cant fathom how you start a rookie QB to "take a look" in a meaningless game and only have him pass the ball 19 times. A couple of PI should also be added to the evaluation of his completion/yardage stats
To be fair, he had 25 dropbacks out of 63 plays, which is about the right formula for this team. He was sacked three times and decided to run three times. I think it was a balance of evaluating Howell while also trying to win the game.

He looked pretty good overall, minus that one terrible INT, and most importantly, he answered the question as to whether he should be in the conversation next year. He should be, and he very well may be "the guy" going forward, but there should also be a legitimate competition. You can't conclusively say he's the guy after 25 dropbacks/19 passes, five rushes, one TD, and one INT.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:08 PM   #144
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
To be fair, he had 25 dropbacks out of 63 plays, which is about the right formula for this team. He was sacked three times and decided to run three times. I think it was a balance of evaluating Howell while also trying to win the game.

He looked pretty good overall, minus that one terrible INT, and most importantly, he answered the question as to whether he should be in the conversation next year. He should be, and he very well may be "the guy" going forward, but there should also be a legitimate competition. You can't conclusively say he's the guy after 25 dropbacks/19 passes, five rushes, one TD, and one INT.

Definitely cannot but the question is how much do we want to pay or give up for that competition based on what we saw? I mean there is definitely a little blind faith involved moving forward. I saw enough to say let’s roll the dice and not give up picks to move up for anyone coming out this year. Probably enough to pass on someone who falls to us and take oline or cb or something else we need. If we take someone in the fourth or Fifth again like maybe the kid out of byu (forget his name) and let them battle it out thats fine.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 04:40 PM   #145
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

All this talk about retread qb's and I'm like - I'd rather bring in someone cheap as a backup and let Howell/Heinicke/3rd person duke it out for the starting job, then use those savings to rebuild the offensive line from scratch. Trading any high picks looks bad to me right now considering how Watson and Russ Wilson looked. If the draft class is weak I don't see the point in drafting any of them higher than the 3rd round.

We kinda already know Ron is sticking around because why would Dan want to pay his salary with one foot out the door. Ron needs to let Scott Turner go. It will be tough on Howell having to learn another system but its obvious there are a lot of players who have an issue with Turner's playcalling.

No need to spend big money on anyone this year with Snyder hopefully selling. That is the big domino.
Old 01-09-2023, 04:43 PM   #146
Stacks42
Impact Rookie

“That was as thorough a butt-kicking as we’ve had this year." - Jerry Jones

Well that quote made me smile. HTTR!!
Old 01-09-2023, 05:29 PM   #147
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
All this talk about retread qb's and I'm like - I'd rather bring in someone cheap as a backup and let Howell/Heinicke/3rd person duke it out for the starting job, then use those savings to rebuild the offensive line from scratch. Trading any high picks looks bad to me right now considering how Watson and Russ Wilson looked. If the draft class is weak I don't see the point in drafting any of them higher than the 3rd round.

We kinda already know Ron is sticking around because why would Dan want to pay his salary with one foot out the door. Ron needs to let Scott Turner go. It will be tough on Howell having to learn another system but its obvious there are a lot of players who have an issue with Turner's playcalling.

No need to spend big money on anyone this year with Snyder hopefully selling. That is the big domino.
This. We this year proved that no way of finding a QB is safe from a huge swing and miss, we knew already that about the draft, we experienced it first hand with the "cheap retread with a high ceiling" approach, and we now know that even the "sell the house for a HoFer" isn't 100% safe... We have a kid here that is worth trying out, fix the team around him, bring some other QB(s) any way you can as long as it's not expensive, and see where it goes.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:39 PM   #148
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacks42 View Post
“That was as thorough a butt-kicking as we’ve had this year." - Jerry Jones

Well that quote made me smile. HTTR!!
Beating the cowboys never gets old, but embarrassing on the game of the week is nice

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 06:38 PM   #149
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
no, they just have database table with the logos. Just change it in that one place and all the articles referring to a team use the new one.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 08:46 PM   #150
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Sam Howell takes Down Dallas postgame

Nice gesture by Wentz.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-sundays-game/
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote