trump Inpeachment...............

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-12-2019, 09:02 AM   #136
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: trump Inpeachment...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
G1, what are you talking about? The article specifically calls out the competing narrative in the opposing memos...the narratives are OPPOSITE...look at the memos:

The Democratic minority on the committee, then led by Rep. Adam Schiff, put out a response memo with competing claims:
1.FBI and DOJ officials did not omit material information from the FISA warrant.
2.The DOJ “made only narrow use of information from Steele’s sources about Page’s specific activities in 2016.”
3.In subsequent FISA renewals, DOJ provided additional information that corroborated Steele’s reporting.
4.The Page FISA warrant allowed the FBI to collect “valuable intelligence.”
5.“Far from ‘omitting’ material facts about Steele, as the Majority claims, DOJ repeatedly informed the Court about Steele’s background, credibility, and potential bias.”
6.The FBI conducted a “rigorous process” to vet Steele’s allegations, and the Page FISA application explained the FBI’s reasonable basis for finding Steele credible.
7.Steele’s prior reporting was used in “criminal proceedings.”

Each of these claims were found by Horowitz to be false.

Horowitz found that FBI and DOJ officials did in fact omit critical material information from the FISA warrant, including several items exculpatory to Page. Material facts were not just omitted but willfully hidden through doctoring of evidence.

Chico you're on a sinking ship.

Advertisements
Old 12-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #137
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://www.yahoo.com/news/laurence-...085137976.html

Harvard Law Professor Dismantles Key GOP Argument Against Impeachment Of Trump

Harvard constitutional law professor Laurence Tribe on Wednesday took apart a key Republican argument against the impeachment of President Donald Trump over the Ukraine scandal.

Tribe, appearing on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes” said some Republicans were “missing the point” by claiming abuse of power (one of two articles of impeachment that House Democrats have released against Trump, the other being obstruction of Congress) is “not a crime.”

“It is the highest crime against the Constitution,” said Tribe. “And in this case the impeachment articles are carefully written to show the aggregating circumstances.”

“This isn’t just using the president’s power to benefit himself,” Tribe added. “But it’s doing that in a way that endangers our national security and that corrupts the electoral process by inviting foreign involvement.”

Tribe, who advised the House Judiciary Committee on how to draft the articles of impeachment, earlier explained why the articles were “the classic high crimes and misdemeanors.”

He said:

Abuse of power is what the impeachment clause was all about. The idea of using the power of the presidency not to protect the nation but to benefit one’s self and especially one’s reelection. In fact, in the debates around the framing of the Constitution, the big question about the impeachment power was ‘do we really need it, or is it enough, because the president will have to stand for reelection if it’s going to be ahead of him?’ The answer to that was ‘what if he corrupts the election process? What if he uses his power to reframe the election so that he rigs the system? We can’t afford to wait.’ That was the whole reason not to wait for the quadrennial election to take place.

Tribe concluded by claiming that “as a historic matter, this is the clearest case we’ve ever seen in the use of the impeachment power.”

“Especially when you add the second article, which basically says that if the president will not in any way cooperate with the process” then “we really do have a president who is a dictator and if this isn’t impeachable, as many have said, then nothing is. That’s the theory of this case.”
Old 12-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #138
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Chico you're on a sinking ship.
Its not about sinking ship, its about leaders of Congress overseeing this process misleading the American public with a narrative which was not biased on facts. He was wrong on every account...that's a problem, BUT the bigger issue is then the media takes this information and spreads it as fact. That's the big issue.

Now take the Nunes memo...come to find out, his assertions were found to be correct BUT the media at the time criticizes it and claims its false. These outlets include the Washington Post, NYC, Politico, and then the super garbage sites like Slate and the intercept (these don't count as new orgs...lolol..only morons would go there for news)

Read the article I posted G1.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #139
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Its not about sinking ship, its about leaders of Congress overseeing this process misleading the American public with a narrative which was not biased on facts. He was wrong on every account...that's a problem, BUT the bigger issue is then the media takes this information and spreads it as fact. That's the big issue.

Now take the Nunes memo...come to find out, his assertions were found to be correct BUT the media at the time criticizes it and claims its false. These outlets include the Washington Post, NYC, Politico, and then the super garbage sites like Slate and the intercept (these don't count as new orgs...lolol..only morons would go there for news)

Read the article I posted G1.
Your entire rant is BS you hate the media you jump on any ship in the storm that sees it your way which I kind of understandable to a point .To call the WP readers morons is just plain ignorant chico .trump has warped your mind . Let's talk about the IMPEACHMENT TRIAL of Donald trump. Let's talk about how the republicans are backing him no matter what ,that alone will kill the republican party.They look like fools now but the cult will take down the country in the process don't blame the press.Hell even the trump network FOX is turning on trump,.......go ahead and tell us what a piece of shit Chris Wallace is.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #140
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Calm down G1, I'm sorry this is happening too you.

But we should be holding the leaders of the impeachment process accountable to lying to the American public. The media, like we saw with the Russian/Obstruction Collusion Hoax and the Kavanagh Conformation Hoax spread lies and false narratives constantly to the American people...you understand this right? You understand you were lied too?

I found it eye-opening when the articles of impeachment were drawn up....what was left out? This was the biggest tell that once again we are chasing something that didn't happen. Ive waited for the facts and it looks like impeachment is just another phony bs story...much like Russian Collusion, much like Kavanagh conformation.

Now the IG report is confirming the missteps and is showing just how corrupt the Russian Collusion hoax started. Its really sad at this point

He Gets Us
Old 12-12-2019, 03:27 PM   #141
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Calm down G1, I'm sorry this is happening too you.
chico ,your ignorance is second to your arrogance. It's happening to you and no spin will change it.

I can see you sitting in your Mom's basement...............

Old 12-13-2019, 04:04 PM   #142
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
chico ,your ignorance is second to your arrogance. It's happening to you and no spin will change it.

I can see you sitting in your Mom's basement...............

Vindication for the Nunes memo? - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...on-nunes-memo/

A Washington Post's article agreeing with Chico's arguement is the chef's kiss

He Gets Us
Old 12-13-2019, 05:23 PM   #143
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Vindication for the Nunes memo? - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...on-nunes-memo/

A Washington Post's article agreeing with Chico's arguement is the chef's kiss
The 3rd paragraph of your article:

"Horowitz’s report on the origins of the Russia investigation includes extensive new information about improprieties in Page’s surveillance, while finding the Russia probe as a whole was legitimate and well-founded."

So please explain clearly why you think the improprieties in the FISA application mean the Russia probe was a sham from the start?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #144
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The 3rd paragraph of your article:

"Horowitz’s report on the origins of the Russia investigation includes extensive new information about improprieties in Page’s surveillance, while finding the Russia probe as a whole was legitimate and well-founded."

So please explain clearly why you think the improprieties in the FISA application mean the Russia probe was a sham from the start?
Well, let’s clearly state first, there was not 1 person charged with conspiracy with Russia over the 2016 election. Because there was no crime to cover, there was no obstruction. See the muller report. Any reference to that is conspiracy theory, fake news...even though you can google the thousands of times Adam Schiff, CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, New York Times repeated false claims during that investigation stating Trump and associates did.

So we know the ends.

Your bolded part is disputed by many. And it’s extremely easy to see the multiple improprieties...Mooby, it’s documented in the IG report. The IG report hammered the FBI and the Steele Dossier...Mooby, you should be able to read the IG report, it’s all there.
You can read a brief synopsis here:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...-mess-n1098666

More:

The specifics cited by the IG Report are even more damning. Specifically, “based upon the information known to the FBI in October 2016, the first application contained [] seven significant inaccuracies and omissions.” Among those “significant inaccuracies and omissions”: the FBI concealed that Page had been working with the CIA in connection with his dealings with Russia and had notified CIA case managers of at least some of those contacts after he was “approved as an ‘operational contact'” with Russia; the FBI lied about both the timing and substance of Page’s relationship with the CIA; vastly overstated the value and corroboration of Steele’s prior work for the U.S. Government to make him appear more credible than he was; and concealed from the court serious reasons to doubt the reliability of Steele’s key source.

Moreover, the FBI’s heavy reliance on the Steele Dossier to obtain the FISA warrant – a fact that many leading national security reporters spent two years denying occurred – was particularly concerning because, as the IG Report put it, “we found that the FBI did not have information corroborating the specific allegations against Carter Page in Steele’s reporting when it relied upon his reports in the first FISA application or subsequent renewal applications.”

But my post is just about the competing memos before from Adam Schiff and Nunes...both had access to the same intelligence information, each put out statements in memos....what we know now is Adam Schiff lied about everything to the American people with his memo, the IG report dismisses everything he said.

To me the most damning info is the obvious mishandling of the fisa warrant, and how we now know the Steele dossier was the premise. The Steele dossier as we now know was completely fabricated garbage...uncorroborated, fact-less trash. The only things that holds up in it was public available information.

That’s how we know this whole thing was a sham and ended with nothing, no collusion nor no obstruction because no one was ever charged with conspiracy over the 2016 election.

Here is the media claiming the Steele Dossier was true:

He Gets Us
Old 12-15-2019, 09:12 AM   #145
Giantone
Gamebreaker

LOL, chico trying to hijack the impeachment thread again..........................

Old 12-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #146
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Disclaimer: Yes, this was from FoxNews, but the article is written by a former FBI assistant-director. Its an op-ed about James Comey and the FBI. Take it with a grain of sand if you want, but I thought there was some interesting stuff.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/reti...ort-clears-him
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:45 PM   #147
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Disclaimer: Yes, this was from FoxNews, but the article is written by a former FBI assistant-director. Its an op-ed about James Comey and the FBI. Take it with a grain of sand if you want, but I thought there was some interesting stuff.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/reti...ort-clears-him

I see two things and dismiss it.................

"Attorney General William Barr knows this and is determined to unearth the full scope and extent of the abuses that took place at the FBI – and actually hold people accountable. This is the only way to ensure the abuses uncovered by Inspector General Horowitz never happen again and true reforms are instituted."

and

"Fortunately, Attorney General Barr and U.S. Attorney John Durham are conducting a broader and more far-reaching investigation. They are our best chance to get to the bottom of this outrageous conduct documented by Horowitz, hold people accountable and make sure this never happens again. They may even turn up new incidents of FBI misconduct."
Old 12-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #148
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
I see two things and dismiss it.................

"Attorney General William Barr knows this and is determined to unearth the full scope and extent of the abuses that took place at the FBI – and actually hold people accountable. This is the only way to ensure the abuses uncovered by Inspector General Horowitz never happen again and true reforms are instituted."

and

"Fortunately, Attorney General Barr and U.S. Attorney John Durham are conducting a broader and more far-reaching investigation. They are our best chance to get to the bottom of this outrageous conduct documented by Horowitz, hold people accountable and make sure this never happens again. They may even turn up new incidents of FBI misconduct."
1. This wasn't for you. There is no having any discussion with you. Won't waste my time or yours.

2. I said take it with a grain of sand.

I just had some extra time before heading out to watch the game and thought it was interesting. Not trying to change anyone's minds here.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:29 PM   #149
mitch e
Camp Scrub

Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/laurence-...085137976.html

Harvard Law Professor Dismantles Key GOP Argument Against Impeachment Of Trump

Harvard constitutional law professor Laurence Tribe on Wednesday took apart a key Republican argument against the impeachment of President Donald Trump over the Ukraine scandal.

Tribe, appearing on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes” said some Republicans were “missing the point” by claiming abuse of power (one of two articles of impeachment that House Democrats have released against Trump, the other being obstruction of Congress) is “not a crime.”

“It is the highest crime against the Constitution,” said Tribe. “And in this case the impeachment articles are carefully written to show the aggregating circumstances.”

“This isn’t just using the president’s power to benefit himself,” Tribe added. “But it’s doing that in a way that endangers our national security and that corrupts the electoral process by inviting foreign involvement.”

Tribe, who advised the House Judiciary Committee on how to draft the articles of impeachment, earlier explained why the articles were “the classic high crimes and misdemeanors.”

He said:

Abuse of power is what the impeachment clause was all about. The idea of using the power of the presidency not to protect the nation but to benefit one’s self and especially one’s reelection. In fact, in the debates around the framing of the Constitution, the big question about the impeachment power was ‘do we really need it, or is it enough, because the president will have to stand for reelection if it’s going to be ahead of him?’ The answer to that was ‘what if he corrupts the election process? What if he uses his power to reframe of powerelection so that he rigs the system? We can’t afford to wait.’ That was the whole reason not to wait for the quadrennial election to take place.

Tribe concluded by claiming that “as a historic matter, this is the clearest case we’ve ever seen in the use of the impeachment power.”

“Especially when you add the second article, which basically says that if the president will not in any way cooperate with the process” then “we really do have a president who is a dictator and if this isn’t impeachable, as many have said, then nothing is. That’s the theory of this case.”
I guess when the last pres. told us if you like your doctor you can keep him
wasn't an abuse of power, oh wait, that was just a fucking lie!!
Old 12-17-2019, 11:51 AM   #150
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I just saw a USA today poll that had Trump leading all Democratic candidates by a minimum of 4 percentage points, head to head if the election took place tomorrow. The only Democrat of the bunch I would consider voting for is Biden, but he is looking long in the tooth. As far as a lot of polls being biased I would hope even lefties realize USA today leans to the left, and they have Trump leading.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote