Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 03-14-2020, 02:02 PM   #136
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

I'm in northern VA. My town has been completely out of toilet paper for about 4 days now. Costco in Winchester, VA (nearest to me) has been out of bottled water now for about a week.

Grocery stores are managing to keep *some* food in there, but for the most part everything is picked over, and there's not much canned food left.

Not being an alarmist but i do wonder at what point do we get aid from FEMA, National Guard, etc... to supply food and supplies to residents. Once grocery stores run completely out of everything, i don't know what happens next. We were lucky that before all this happened, we had made a monster grocery / Costco run. We have food at least for a month, maybe longer if we have to ration.

I hope all of this goes away quickly.

Advertisements
Old 03-14-2020, 02:37 PM   #137
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I'm in northern VA. My town has been completely out of toilet paper for about 4 days now.
Strangely enough they have toilet paper and paper towels at my local mom and pop country store. They said they have only been putting a little out as it is purchased so nobody hoards and might only start selling it to customers that are obvious regulars if they ask. So if anyone is seriously out and doesn't have a stack of phone books it might be worth it to stop at small stores off the beaten path.

I can see the signs now, "Free roll of toilet paper and paper towels with $200 purchase."
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 02:44 PM   #138
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

What a piece of trash this guy is:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he...lvS?li=BBnb7Kz
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #139
MTK
\m/

Just wanted to say stay safe folks. Stay home as much as you can and be smart.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:41 AM   #140
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just wanted to say stay safe folks. Stay home as much as you can and be smart.
We were all strongly encouraged to work from home until further notice, even the CEO sent a video today showing him working from. Some crazy lady in my office is still going in. She is the type that if they said we had to come in she work from home. People are so hard headed.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:59 AM   #141
SunnySide
Playmaker

I feel like I dont have enough food. I have a standard size fridge/freezer combo and the freezer is full of frozen veggies, just 1 turkey breast. Have a good bit of pastas, 10 cans of soup, 5 cans of beans, 5 cans of tuna, a few bags of rice, 3 frozen pizzas.

My family can last 2 weeks ... but not 4. plus I feel like ill be feeding the family of 8 a few townhouses down from me.

----------------

Our office is still open ...
Old 03-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #142
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

There isn’t a food shortage

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:17 AM   #143
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
We HAD a system, trying not to go political but that system was dismantled and literally shut down in 2018 bc .. ya know.

The cuts started in 2018, as the White House focused on eliminating funding to Obama-era disease security programs. In March of that year, Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer, whose job it was to lead the U.S. response in the event of a pandemic, abruptly left the administration and his global health security team was disbanded.

That same year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was forced to slash its efforts to prevent global disease outbreak by 80% as its funding for the program began to run out.

You may want to fact check that.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/fa...pandemic-work/
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #144
Back2RFK
Special Teams

So Saturday I went to the Grocery Store came home with 3 cases of beer. Went back Sunday to actually buy some food. No hamburger, no chicken, not steaks, no bread, only found one pork loin. Good thing we had some food.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:35 AM   #145
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

NYS Has just shut down all bars/restaurants/gyms/malls etc. Effective 8pm
Old 03-16-2020, 11:36 AM   #146
MTK
\m/

Even in Italy you can still buy food... stop panic buying everything in sight

Although I’m definitely hitting the liquor store hard today, won’t be surprised if they may have to close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2020, 11:47 AM   #147
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Even in Italy you can still buy food... stop panic buying everything in sight

Although I’m definitely hitting the liquor store hard today, won’t be surprised if they may have to close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I worked in the grocery business for 31 years and been retired 3 ,I called some friends at the company I use to work for and they said the same. It's panic buying ...people buying all sorts of crap they don't need. There is food but getting it to the stores is the problem. We would have one truck deliver to two or three stores normally but with this buying some stores need two truck deliveries a piece and even that's not enough .All so most grocery companies have outsource their dry goods to a third party supplier (C&S) they have warehouse's all over the country but their biggest is in PA off of rt 81 . It's fully automated and handles their Toilet Paper type goods and such.Being that it is an automated system it can only go so fast and it works for dozens of different companies all going through the same shit right now.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:48 AM   #148
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I picked the right time to quit drinking (going for 40 days). No where to go enjoy a cold one or ten anyways.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #149
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I worked in the grocery business for 31 years and been retired 3 ,I called some friends at the company I use to work for and they said the same. It's panic buying ...people buying all sorts of crap they don't need. There is food but getting it to the stores is the problem. We would have one truck deliver to two or three stores normally but with this buying some stores need two truck deliveries a piece and even that's not enough .All so most grocery companies have outsource their dry goods to a third party supplier (C&S) they have warehouse's all over the country but their biggest is in PA off of rt 81 . It's fully automated and handles their Toilet Paper type goods and such.Being that it is an automated system it can only go so fast and it works for dozens of different companies all going through the same shit right now.
They really need to start rationing everything. Saw a woman the other day and her cart was over half full of just meat. Totally ridiculous. One of my coworkers bought 96 rolls of toilet paper. People are losing their shit.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #150
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
They really need to start rationing everything. Saw a woman the other day and her cart was over half full of just meat. Totally ridiculous. One of my coworkers bought 96 rolls of toilet paper. People are losing their shit.
At least they'll have plenty of resources to clean it up.

I bought a 12 pack and that felt like too much. 96? I don't even have space for 96 rolls.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote