The Workplace

Parking Lot

Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #136
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Workplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Because doing that had value in some way right? I am tired of the politics of some around here. Please stop injecting it where it isn't needed nor appropriate. That would be appreciated. Thanks. At least if you're going to do it make it somewhat funny, interesting, ironic, etc...something.

Amen Brother...Buster, 1st Down, and Saden1 love to pull that shit all day long gets old.

Advertisements
Old 08-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #137
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Amen Brother...Buster, 1st Down, and Saden1 love to pull that shit all day long gets old.
I do? You need to pay more attention. Lots of saden1 hateration...I don't get it.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #138
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I do? You need to pay more attention. Lots of saden1 hateration...I don't get it.

I threw you in there so it did not look I was plying on the right side, =)
Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #139
KLHJ2
Inactive

How about the guy who has to say everyones name out loud on the way to his desk.

Hey Ben, Sup Marcia, Kevin, How ya doin Thomas, Is that Harry, Dick, Good to see you Marry, Jane!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #140
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Yea, and your post are just a bowl of Cherrios.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #141
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
How about the guy who has to say everyones name out loud on the way to his desk.

Hey Ben, Sup Marcia, Kevin, How ya doin Thomas, Is that Harry, Dick, Good to see you Marry, Jane!

Oh we have one it is a soccer mom and she rooms the hall all morning screaming good morning to everyone like we are her teenage kids that need waking up.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #142
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post

Oh, man, I might be "that guy". I am always at my desk first, but I always say a Good Morning as everyone comes in.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #143
KLHJ2
Inactive

I gotta new guy in here he is wearing an electric blue shirt with the word "Aero" on the front and his collar is popped. Best of all he looks exactly like JP from "Grandma's Boy".

I cannot stop f***ing laughing at this douchebag right now.

KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #144
mredskins
Gamebreaker

^ God I love that movie!!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #145
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
No Michelle Obama called her kids fat when she started her campaign to reduce child obesity.
Truth. I actually felt bad for her daughter, so be called fat by their mother, PUBLICLY...and it's national news. The girl's self-esteem has got to be decimated permanently. I can't figure out how a mother could do this to their child.

Anyways, I just deal with thermostat controllers at my office (all women). They're cold when it's warm, they're hot when it's cool...I;m never comfortable and have accepted that I never will be. Another thing I hate...they LOVE working without any lights turned on. No wonder they all need contacts and glasses. Seriously, they will come in and never turn ANY lights on in the building, not even common area lights. I usually arrive after a couple of them and turn all of the lights on. I am NOT working in the dark. They all groan when I come in and turn the lights on. What?!?!? I get a little kick out of ruining their lazy atmosphere with proper lighting.

If I have a meeting or appointment and come into the office in the afternoon, the place will still be dark! Maybe they do this because they're self-conscious about how their BARE FEET look.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #146
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
^ God I love that movie!!!!
lol yeah that movie was a sleeper comedy. saw it one day on comedy central, pretty f'in funny. i remember i saw a trailer for it in the movie theater but i think they pulled it before they it actually got shown so straight to dvd and cable i believe.

shoot, i too am a friendly talk to everyone say hi person.

my work problem is that the other 2 similarily situated attorneys (30 something assocaites) have taken a shit ton of time off this summer. ive been here everyday except for 5 days i took off for abdominal surgery last month.

so i had court 2 days ago and yesterday. yesterday being the biggest moment so far in my career in arguing an appeal to a 3 judges of the md court of special appeals. ive been working hard all week on this as well as all my other cases. i have been into work early, staying late, spent all night wed preparing.

so yesterday comes, i do real real well with the appeal (but we lose anyway). i woke up at 6 that morning, we get back to the office, i check in with the other law firm i work for, do some work for my main law firm, i tell one of the associates (who has taken off more days than she has worked the past 2 months, no exagerration) that i am going to try and sneak out of here. its about 2:30. she has the f'in nerve to give me shit about it. i tell her that ive been holding down the fort while she and the other associate has taking off weeks at a time.

get into work this morning, guess who isnt here? she isnt.
guess who has a 1 pm pretrial? she does
guess how she comes into work? in jeans
guess who has to go to the pretrial? the other assocaite which i actualyl wish wa sme b/c then i could go home afterwards instead of waiting for a client to show up at 4 for our 3 pm meeting.

come to find out, she left a half hour after i did yesterday. she came into work at noon today in regualr clothes.

when i come in late (which happens b/c of my long commute and traffic) like today b/c 495 was jammed and i had to take back roads where traffic signal lights are still out, the boss says "hey look who finally decided to show up". if i dont wear a tie, he says "hey look who must be going to the beach cuz he certainly doesnt look like hes here to work"

she shows up at freakin noon and not a word is said. she shows up in jeans a couple days a week, he will literally bust on me for not wearing a tie while she sits there in jeans. WTF!

i guess since im a decent working, if theres something that needs to get done ill do it type who doesnt complain while she will coplain about anything to teh point the boss walks on eggshells so she wont flip out over being assigned a task and just leave for the day.

not to sound shovenistic but every place i have worked there has been a person who slacks the most yet complains about others the most. everytime that person has been a woman. having her give me crap about leaving a few hours early after i spent literally this entire summer working my ass off with the culmination being that appeal, i deserve some time off. she takes weeks off every month now. i havent taken a day off not related to surgery since april. and that was one freakin day.

god damn im so ****ing pissed now typing this shit out. to work hard and then she has teh audacity to call me out for leaving at 2:30 only to have her leave at 3? then coming in at noon. then not even going to your own pretrial? if i did that i would get cursed out. maybe i need to bitch and moan and complain and when i dont get my way just storm out for the day so someone else has to do my work.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #147
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
i guess since im a decent working, if theres something that needs to get done ill do it type who doesnt complain while she will coplain about anything to teh point the boss walks on eggshells so she wont flip out over being assigned a task and just leave for the day.

She needs to be fired. Period. There are plenty of capable people who would gladly take her job right now.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #148
mredskins
Gamebreaker

F...losing your best work friend. Buddy of mine moved on last Friday and today was the first day without him here. Really kind of sucks.

He was the only other Redskins fan in the office! Ugh.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #149
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
lol yeah that movie was a sleeper comedy. saw it one day on comedy central, pretty f'in funny. i remember i saw a trailer for it in the movie theater but i think they pulled it before they it actually got shown so straight to dvd and cable i believe.

shoot, i too am a friendly talk to everyone say hi person.

my work problem is that the other 2 similarily situated attorneys (30 something assocaites) have taken a shit ton of time off this summer. ive been here everyday except for 5 days i took off for abdominal surgery last month.

so i had court 2 days ago and yesterday. yesterday being the biggest moment so far in my career in arguing an appeal to a 3 judges of the md court of special appeals. ive been working hard all week on this as well as all my other cases. i have been into work early, staying late, spent all night wed preparing.

so yesterday comes, i do real real well with the appeal (but we lose anyway). i woke up at 6 that morning, we get back to the office, i check in with the other law firm i work for, do some work for my main law firm, i tell one of the associates (who has taken off more days than she has worked the past 2 months, no exagerration) that i am going to try and sneak out of here. its about 2:30. she has the f'in nerve to give me shit about it. i tell her that ive been holding down the fort while she and the other associate has taking off weeks at a time.

get into work this morning, guess who isnt here? she isnt.
guess who has a 1 pm pretrial? she does
guess how she comes into work? in jeans
guess who has to go to the pretrial? the other assocaite which i actualyl wish wa sme b/c then i could go home afterwards instead of waiting for a client to show up at 4 for our 3 pm meeting.

come to find out, she left a half hour after i did yesterday. she came into work at noon today in regualr clothes.

when i come in late (which happens b/c of my long commute and traffic) like today b/c 495 was jammed and i had to take back roads where traffic signal lights are still out, the boss says "hey look who finally decided to show up". if i dont wear a tie, he says "hey look who must be going to the beach cuz he certainly doesnt look like hes here to work"

she shows up at freakin noon and not a word is said. she shows up in jeans a couple days a week, he will literally bust on me for not wearing a tie while she sits there in jeans. WTF!

not to sound shovenistic but every place i have worked there has been a person who slacks the most yet complains about others the most. everytime that person has been a woman. having her give me crap about leaving a few hours early after i spent literally this entire summer working my ass off with the culmination being that appeal, i deserve some time off. she takes weeks off every month now. i havent taken a day off not related to surgery since april. and that was one freakin day.

god damn im so ****ing pissed now typing this shit out. to work hard and then she has teh audacity to call me out for leaving at 2:30 only to have her leave at 3? then coming in at noon. then not even going to your own pretrial? if i did that i would get cursed out. maybe i need to bitch and moan and complain and when i dont get my way just storm out for the day so someone else has to do my work.
Your hard work is going to get you somewhere and her lack of work will leave her in dead end jobs always working for someone else. I always welcome slackers because they will make you look better and not the person the company will look to when promotion time comes around. I work for myself so that not as true today but I love when other insurance agents are slackers because they drive their customers into our office. You really think your boss would make her a partner or you the hard worker the partner.

Throw all this out the window if she is hot and giving it up to the boss.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #150
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

If the woman in the cubical connected to mine doesn't learn to use her indoor voice soon I think I'm really going to lose my mind!!!

A few months ago they moved some people around in our office and in doing so they put this chick in the cube across from me that had previously been empty for 3 years. Luckily she mainly works from home, but when she's in I have to spend half the day listening to her yell into the phone. Sometimes its about work, sometimes its about how much money her mom stole from her dad before she fled to Florida to live with married boyfriend, but it's ALWAYS annoying.

My office is usually very quiet so how this chick doesn't get that she is extremely loud is beyond me. The only good news is that we're moving to a new building in a few weeks and she's in a unit that is going to a different division in a different location so I don't have to hold off flipping out for much longer.