Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Draft grades

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: How would you grade the 2023 Commanders draft?
A 5 10.87%
B 18 39.13%
C 17 36.96%
D 4 8.70%
F 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2023, 04:23 PM   #136
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
that means nothing to the conversation . . . he wouldn't have been in that place and time had he been on this team, so the injury wouldn't have occurred . . . another may have, who knows . . . but from a skill standpoint he has far exceeded Forbes to this point and has the size/strength to compete against the big WR's which is my concern with Forbes.
Forbes will be just fine, he’ll gain weight during the offseason. The kid has heart and is competitive, getting burned pissed him off. He’ll bounce back and be great. I’m not worried.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2023, 05:03 PM   #137
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Forbes will be just fine, he’ll gain weight during the offseason. The kid has heart and is competitive, getting burned pissed him off. He’ll bounce back and be great. I’m not worried.
I sure hope you're right!!
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 08:19 AM   #138
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
that means nothing to the conversation . . . he wouldn't have been in that place and time had he been on this team, so the injury wouldn't have occurred . . . another may have, who knows . . . but from a skill standpoint he has far exceeded Forbes to this point and has the size/strength to compete against the big WR's which is my concern with Forbes.
ok....but he is literally not playing and Forbes still is

plus we have a sample size of 4 games and Forbes, barring a injury, has his entire rookie season to learn, Gonzalez will be home trying to get better
Old 10-05-2023, 08:45 AM   #139
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Forbes needs to live in the weight room in the off season. There is little chance that he can be an effective NFL corner playing at his size.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 08:51 AM   #140
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
He’s not the first or last to get roasted, he’ll get the last laugh when we play Philly again. People here are impatient, look at Howell after the Bills, he sucks!! Start JB, fucking non-sense.
I think almost every knew Sam was going to have some bad games. Unless he goes off the rails no one wants to see Brissett.

Look around the league, every QB has bad games. Mahomes didn't play well last week. Lamar Jackson has got off to a slow start. These are two NFL MVP's.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 09:00 AM   #141
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think almost every knew Sam was going to have some bad games. Unless he goes off the rails no one wants to see Brissett.

Look around the league, every QB has bad games. Mahomes didn't play well last week. Lamar Jackson has got off to a slow start. These are two NFL MVP's.
I hate Lamar but he has been playing pretty well.

The problem with “everyone has bad games” is the ones you mentioned have also had mountains of great games. Sam has had 5 games and the jury is out on him.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:41 PM   #142
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Gotta see how he handles adversity - hope it lights the fire under him. I don't want to see him moping on the sidelines anymore.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:11 PM   #143
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Gotta see how he handles adversity - hope it lights the fire under him. I don't want to see him moping on the sidelines anymore.
IMO, with Forbes its not about fire. He has plenty of fire. Actually its part of the issue as he is over aggressive and because of it bites on things like double moves to much. The aggression is killing his play. He needs to learn to play more disciplined. Hopefully he starts to show that.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 01:24 PM   #144
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
I re-watched the game and after getting burned he was competitive in OT and looked like it didn't faze him.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 03:50 PM   #145
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

You can bet that Forbes will be challenged / targeted tonight and moving forward until he proves that he is up to the task. He just needs to string together some nice defensive plays, and maybe cause a TO. All CBs get beat. He's young, but he has all the talent. Not worried about his size...he'll be fine.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 04:00 PM   #146
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Nothing wrong with the guy being upset about poor play. Rather him mope than be laughing. Shows he cares. Im sure he will come out fired up. This guy was supposed to be Carlos Rogers with hands made of pillows instead of stones. Hope that turns out to be the case.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 04:03 PM   #147
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
IMO, with Forbes its not about fire. He has plenty of fire. Actually its part of the issue as he is over aggressive and because of it bites on things like double moves to much. The aggression is killing his play. He needs to learn to play more disciplined. Hopefully he starts to show that.

Right. This is the pros. You aren’t going to jump routes quite as easy as you did in college. Well you can jump them but the balls are faster and more accurate and the wr’s are more physical. Definitely needs to play more disciplined. Like a RB that realizes he needs to be patient and follow his blockers.
Old 10-05-2023, 04:43 PM   #148
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Thanks, but I'm talking about his internal drive and ability to bounce back from a bad game lol. How does he handle adversity? Hopefully he has better results tonight.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:41 PM   #149
nonniey
The Starter

4 out of 5 games Forbes' play has really hurt the team. He's young and hopefully he'll get better in future years, but I don't see him starting again this year. We have to stop making these obvious mistakes in the draft. We need a better GM and scouting department.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 11:57 PM   #150
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Not a single draft pick even remotely contributing. I challenge you to find a single other team in the league without one rookie contributing at all. Ron Rivera is absolutely stealing pay checks. Has been for years.