wtf is the deal w/ cutler

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #136
celts32
Playmaker

Re: wtf is the deal w/ cutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
You're kidding, right? You're making that argument for Cutler, but not for Campbell? Tell me you're putting on.
Zorn has always been a good QB coach so Campbell is being coached well. Campbell checks down to much and has poor pocket pressense. Seriously what was that 3rd down and goal play up 5 pts where Campbell just winged it out of the back of the endzone with no pressure on him? Extend the play...make something happen! He is way to safe with the ball...great QB's take chances and make things happen. Campbell is happy to ge through a play without making a mistake.

Now Cutler is having a bad season...I just like his talent more. I still think he has the talent to be great if he gets the kind of coaching he was getting under Shanahan. He plays a lot like an undisciplined Favre...he needs to be reigned in.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #137
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I have heard many analysts say he missed a bunch of open recievers. He was sacked one time. He had a chance to win the game. He failed. I can only remember one game were he won it in five years, New Orleans, last year. I hope this is the last year we have to suffer through his losing.
Boy, you just don't really know much about football. Yeah, he was only sacked once because he did a good job of getting the ball out in the face of all that pressure, and he's got good mobility. How many times did he get put on as his ass as he was throwing or right after? You know, sometimes getting decked by a DE as you're releasing the ball can affect your accuracy. He's been getting pummeled all year.

You don't need analysts to tell you he missed a few open throws. Sure he did. He also accounted for 3 TDs. Trent Dilfer (I think it's a safe bet he knows more about quarterbacks than you do) said he played a solid game, as did Tom Jackson.

By the way, JC has led 7 game tying/winning drives in the 4th quarter in his career. So you may want to jog your memory a bit.

You're content to just blame all our losing on the QB rather than acknowledging the chaos that has gone on all around him ever since he was drafted. What a failure that is.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #138
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Boy, you just don't really know much about football. Yeah, he was only sacked once because he did a good job of getting the ball out in the face of all that pressure, and he's got good mobility. How many times did he get put on as his ass as he was throwing or right after? You know, sometimes getting decked by a DE as you're releasing the ball can affect your accuracy. He's been getting pummeled all year.

You don't need analysts to tell you he missed a few open throws. Sure he did. He also accounted for 3 TDs. Trent Dilfer (I think it's a safe bet he knows more about quarterbacks than you do) said he played a solid game, as did Tom Jackson.

By the way, JC has led 7 game tying/winning drives in the 4th quarter in his career. So you may want to jog your memory a bit.

You're content to just blame all our losing on the QB rather than acknowledging the chaos that has gone on all around him ever since he was drafted. What a failure that is.
Well I may not know alot about football, but I knew JC was not a good QB and we should get rid of him in 2007, when he was taking us down the drain, until he got hurt and Collins who is mediocre at best, took us to the playoffs.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #139
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:

Well stated, GMScud.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #140
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well stated, GMScud.
Oh, OK the two diehard delusional Campbell supporters, teaming up agianst a realist.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #141
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Oh, OK the two diehard delusional Campbell supporters, teaming up agianst a realist.
A realist? No, I was responding to you, my friend.

Perhaps when you're older.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #142
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
I'm not a diehard delusional Campbell supporter. I'm definitely not sold on him as our future starter beyond 2009. Never have I said he's a great or even a very good QB. I said he's solid. I just strongly disagree with your assessment that he's the main reason we're losing.

I'm also baffled by your defense of Jay Cutler.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #143
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
I'm not a die hard delusional Campbell supporter. I'm definitely not sold on him as our future starter beyond 2009. Never have I said he's a great or even a very good QB. I said he's solid. I just strongly disagree with your assessment that he's the main reason we're losing.

I'm also baffled by your defense of Jay Cutler.
Don't make me look like a Cutler defender. I am simply stating that just because Cutler is stinking it up in Chicago, does not mean that Campbell is the answer. I would trade Campbell, right now for Cutler. With all the bashing that you are giving me I am refusing to get belligerent about JC, but he has proven he is not a franchise QB. You have always come to his defense and I am just saying that if you are a Skins fan above all else, you have to let go of the notion that he can be our franchise QB. You are so upset by the Cutler scandal, because you are so pro Campbell that you just don't see the truth.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #144
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Don't make me look like a Cutler defender. I am simply stating that just because Cutler is stinking it up in Chicago, does not mean that Campbell is the answer. I would trade Campbell, right now for Cutler. With all the bashing that you are giving me I am refusing to get belligerent about JC, but he has proven he is not a franchise QB. You have always come to his defense and I am just saying that if you are a Skins fan above all else, you have to let go of the notion that he can be our franchise QB. You are so upset by the Cutler scandal, because you are so pro Campbell that you just don't see the truth.
I don't think Scud ever said he was so pro Campbell (just like I don't think you ever said you were so pro Cutler). I agree that just because Cutler is struggling that doesn't mean Campbell is the answer. Still, in spite of his poor interceptions I don't think he played like crap overall today
Old 11-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #145
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
serioiusly though you are defending cutler and why? cause he is a franschise qb? newsflash kyle orton is running that team pretty damn good w/o cutler's sorry ass around. i don't think jc is very good at all ask gmscud, but to say you would trade campbell for cutler right now is pretty dumb.

jc is a game manager, cutler is a game loser, we would be worse of w/o him and da bears would be better off with jc.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #146
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think Scud ever said he was so pro Campbell (just like I don't think you ever said you were so pro Cutler). I agree that just because Cutler is struggling that doesn't mean Campbell is the answer. Still, in spite of his poor interceptions I don't think he played like crap overall today
Man SmootSmack you are a real diplomat. I am just hoping that if I win this argument, that we will get a knew QB and everything will be great. GMSCUD has been making me believe that Campbell may be the answer for two years. I am tired of forcing myself to have faith. I am done with Campbell. I dont care who we put in that position. It cant be worse that JC. I need change, just for change. Give me Bartel, give me McDaniel, anyone but Campbell.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #147
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
1) I never said Campbell is the answer. I certainly don't think he's our franchise QB. Did you even read my last post? I specifically said I'm not sold on him as the starter after this season.

2) I am certainly not "so pro campbell."

3) Nothing about Jay Cutler upsets me. I just think he's overrated. A huge arm and nothing else right now. What scandal are you referring to? He's an emotionless poor leader, and I think he's a jerk for the way the handled Denver shopping him in the offseason. But I'm certainly not "so upset" over anything that has to do with Jay Cutler.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #148
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Man SmootSmack you are a real diplomat. I am just hoping that if I win this argument, that we will get a knew QB and thing will be great. GMSCUD has been making me believe that Campbell may be the answer for two years. I am tired of forcing myself to have faith. I am done with Campbell. I dont care who we put in that position. It cant be worse that JC. I need change, just for change. Give me Bartel, give me McDaniel, anyone but Campbell.
Well I'm a moderator here...so it's kind of my responsibility to try to keep the peace.

I'm not even sure what the argument is here

And I think you're confusing GMScud with someone else, because he hasn't been beating the Campbell drum for two years

And who is McDaniel?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #149
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well I'm a moderator here...so it's kind of my responsibility to try to keep the peace.

I'm not even sure what the argument is here

And I think you're confusing GMScud with someone else, because he hasn't been beating the Campbell drum for two years

And who is McDaniel?
Chase McDaniel
Old 11-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #150
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Chase McDaniel
Try dropping the Mc