Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #136
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Big Ben off the hook again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
Ok did the club have a 21 age limit? If so your right. He did admitt to providing the drinks. Now if the club allows 18 and up that girl would have had some type of marking on her permitting from drinking.
I don't know the answers to that. She could've had a fake ID as well, who knows. It is still the bartender's responsibility to know where the drinks he's handing out is going. This is why in a lot of places you can only order 1-3 drinks at a time. If Roeth knew it's his fault too.

edit:
Reading some reviews it seems like 18+, no clue on how they mark underaged kids, and black guys are routinely denied no matter what.

Advertisements
Old 04-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #137
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

any way you look at it, the establishment bears some responsibility for serving underage persons alcohol. however, there's no denying that rothlesberger is culpable as well. he (knowingly or otherwise) provided alcohol to someone who was underage. its not really any different than if he engaged in sexual conduct with someone who was underage. even if the hypothetical girl told him she was of legally consenting age, he would have committed a crime.

i understand the alcohol thing is relatively minor when compared to everything else, but the way i see it, its the only thing he could actually be charged with, given the current evidence. its kinda like charging al capone with tax evasion. granted, rothlesberger is not al capone, but he's still a scumbag. based on everything i've read, hes a despicable, disgusting human being and best and he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #138
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

The GA DA said they had DNA, but the sample size was too small to determine whether it came from Ben the Thug. With today's technology I don't buy that at all. I think Ben is a lucky man and used money to buy the woman off. I have no proof, but I do believe that's what happened.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #139
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

there's also the security video recordings that were deleted so police couldnt review them. unfortunately, its probably going to take another incident where rothlesberger assaults someone for him to be put away where he belongs.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #140
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

NM, move along, looks like the video will not post.

NM now its there, still not much to see.

Last edited by Player_HTTR; 04-14-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #141
Moondog
Camp Scrub

[QUOTE=Pocket$ $traight;688034]Ok. So instead of an internet forum where you can say whatever you want about anybody, if you were on a TV interview and someone said, "What do you think about Big Ben?". You would answer, "He is a scumbag rapist". That would seem like an easy defamation case to me.

The standard to charge someone with sexual assault is very low. If I am not mistaken[QUOTE]

You are.

If I was asked on T.V. ( :yeahright) what I thought of Big Ben and replied "I believe he is a scumbag rapist." I'd be perfectly fine. I wouldn't be stating it while knowing that it was untrue just to damage him. It's not defamation in this case. It's free speech. I can have an opinion about someone without a court ruling telling me it's ok to have it. Thank God.

Over 1 in 10 Americans believe Obama is the anti-christ and have stated so in print, radio and T.V.. That's some pretty serious defamation right there. Right?

As to him not being charged and the supposed low standard to press charges of sexual assault: Where are you pulling this from? Do you know this beyond a reasonable doubt?

In Georgia, the DAs office makes the decision whether to press charges or not. Not the victim or the police.

What the DA needs are all the elements of the crime met to beyond a reasonable doubt and they need to believe that they can actually win because what DA wants to end up with egg on his face by losing a high-profile case against a star athlete? They are politicians after all and they will be only using their overworked and underpaid attorneys to battle the best criminal defense attorneys that Big Ben can afford.

Many DAs share the belief that in sexual assault cases, and especially intrafamilial ones, they actually need evidence that is beyond an unreasonable doubt to even think of going forward.

Any rate, enough about this. I hold an opinion you seem to find distressingly uncompassionate and close-minded. You hold a world view that seems naive and foolish...and one that I miss holding.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #142
Pocket$ $traight

Any rate, enough about this. I hold an opinion you seem to find distressingly uncompassionate and close-minded. You hold a world view that seems naive and foolish...and one that I miss holding.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for your opinion. Take that and add two cents and you will have two cents.

Call him a rapist all you want, I will still say that you are wrong and ignorant.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #143
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

There are a lot of far worse people in the world than Big Ben, that said, he still makes some bad decisions...but is he a serial rapist? absolutely not.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #144
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
There are a lot of far worse people in the world than Big Ben, that said, he still makes some bad decisions...but is he a serial rapist? absolutely not.
most definitely. but they aren't starting quarterbacks in the NFL.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #145
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post

Well thanks for your opinion. Take that and add two cents and you will have two cents.

Call him a rapist all you want, I will still say that you are wrong and ignorant.
Saying he's absolutely not a rapist is just as ignorant as saying he absolutely is. None of us knows all the facts.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #146
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player_HTTR View Post

If it was the Terry Bradshaw comments on Ben, I agree with everything he said.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #147
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Saying he's absolutely not a rapist is just as ignorant as saying he absolutely is. None of us knows all the facts.
So let's start calling everybody a scumbag rapist, whether it can be proven or not. You will be correct sometimes.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #148
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player_HTTR View Post

fixed it for you
Old 04-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #149
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Should the Steelers go after Jason Campbell?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #150
Bigreds77
Special Teams

And to think the Steelers passed up an Danny M in the draft because he drank in bars when he was 21 years old.
Closed Thread