What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-29-2017, 09:53 AM   #136
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: What would it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Tell Schumer to let the senate appoint the new VA chief so they can fix the VA.

5 days of a hiring freeze isn't doing any more harm than 8 years of neglect and incompetent leadership. As a vet who uses the VA I am more willing to say lets get it right rather than more of the same.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Eight years of neglect??? Lets try a min of 50 years,the Veterans have been getting bullshit since Kennedy.I would have said Ike but I can't remember him as President.

Advertisements
Old 01-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #137
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Eight years of neglect??? Lets try a min of 50 years,the Veterans have been getting bullshit since Kennedy.I would have said Ike but I can't remember him as President.
All the more reason to take a step back and re-evaluate everything before going forward.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:01 AM   #138
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The VA needs a lot of work, not hiring isn't part of the solution though. I hope most can at least agree on that.
Trump vowed during his campaign to overhaul the VA. Just adding bodies doent mean a fix if its broken that bad.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policie...affairs-reform

*Make the VA great again by firing the corrupt and incompetent VA executives who let our veterans down, by modernizing the VA, and by empowering the doctors and nurses to ensure our veterans receive the best care available in a timely manner.

*Increase the number of mental health care professionals, and allow veteran's to be able to seek mental health care outside of the VA.

There will be hiring and there will be firing, besides most of the VA jobs are exempt from Trumps order.

VA specifies jobs exempt from Trump's hiring freeze | TheHill
Old 01-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #139
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
All the more reason to take a step back and re-evaluate everything before going forward.

Your insinuation that it had only been neglected under Obama( the last eight years)is my point. Republicans and Democrats need to take responsibility for that fiasco!
Old 01-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #140
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I insinuated nothing. I made no claim other than a hiring freeze does no more harm then all the neglect and incompetence under President Obama's administration. You trying to minimize the disaster that was Obama's VA by saying it has always been a disaster - doesn't do anything more than exemplify why letting things run as usual is a terrible idea.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:18 PM   #141
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I insinuated nothing. I made no claim other than a hiring freeze does no more harm then all the neglect and incompetence under President Obama's administration. You trying to minimize the disaster that was Obama's VA by saying it has always been a disaster - doesn't do anything more than exemplify why letting things run as usual is a terrible idea.

You proved my point,the VA has been neglected for the last fifty years but you only want to emphasize the "Obama" years.Pretty sure my post #136 doesn't minimize anything.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:50 PM   #142
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
You proved my point,the VA has been neglected for the last fifty years but you only want to emphasize the "Obama" years.Pretty sure my post #136 doesn't minimize anything.
I don't know...your reaching on this giantone. The va hit the bottom during obama years.

But you can use the same logic with our security along the southern border issue. That would be very true...mismanaged but both dem and GOP presidencies.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #143
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Actually, I agreed with your point (my post#137), but your point is irrelevant to the discussion.

To reflect on the discussion - Matty posted an article saying how the hiring freeze has had a victim and used that as an indictment of Trump not taking care of the vets. I made the point that a 5 day hiring freeze(or 90 day with exceptions for public safety) has done no worse than Pres Obama's past policies. So whether the time frame is 4 years, 8 years, or 20 years or 50 years, the point of the discussion remains the same.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:37 AM   #144
MTK
\m/

How long is the freeze going to last though?
Old 01-30-2017, 07:47 AM   #145
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The freeze is so dumb. What needs to happen is a cleaning of house. So many poor quality federal workers.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:22 AM   #146
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
The freeze is so dumb. What needs to happen is a cleaning of house. So many poor quality federal workers.

I'm not sure it's any different than the private sector, there are shitty workers everywhere you go. But with the union it's tougher to clean house.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #147
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

After reading up and getting more information about the ban...the more I think it doesn't make sense. First, if a family has been in a refugee camp for over a year and has gone thru or getting vetted to immigrate into the country...then they should be allowed to come in simply because they our escaping the war and not participating in it. In fact, those are the ones who should be moved to the front of the line.

There is a lot of misinformation out there...the basic fear...and folks it's a real fear, so don't play the dumb card, where everybody simply acts like they don't remember Brussels, Paris, Boston, San berdino, etc......the fear is someone can get on a plane in Yemen without much vetting and come into the country. It's a real fear folks. Because Yemen...if you don't know...is completely lawless and is where al queda has moved base operations too. We should absolutely be accepting no one from that country.

But a couple things...no fly list and obama same exact order to ban folks from Iraq and Syria during his administration for 6 months. Its fucking amazing to me, fucking amazing the media never said shit. These fucking pussy protesters never said a word. How can these folks be such hypocrites? The media never criticizes the president once,with this ban.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:37 AM   #148
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I'm not sure it's any different than the private sector, there are shitty workers everywhere you go. But with the union it's tougher to clean house.
I have worked in both sectors; the govt takes the cake on useless workers. Plus they can never be fired.

A govt employee in my office got caught jerking it at his seat. Still here to this day just moved him to another part of the building. Its unbelievable.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:40 AM   #149
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Here is an article on the guidelines from OMB:
OMB releases initial hiring freeze guidance for agencies - FederalNewsRadio.com
a few bullet points:
  • temporarily prohibits agencies from making new hires until OMB develops a long-term plan within the next 90 days to reduce the size of the federal workforce through attrition
  • Individuals who received a job offer or an appointment before Jan. 22, received a confirmation from the agency and received a start date on or before Feb. 22, 2017 should report to work on that day
  • [for job offers without a start date (or starts after Feb 22)]Agency heads should consider merit system principles, essential mission priorities and current agency resources and funding levels when making determinations whether or not to revoke appointments
  • agencies that they can make “limited” exemptions to the hiring freeze if they determine that those jobs are necessary to maintain public safety or national security

also here is an article about the VA and the exemptions for Doctors/medical practicioners as well as some construction projects
Old 01-30-2017, 08:52 AM   #150
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I have worked in both sectors; the govt takes the cake on useless workers. Plus they can never be fired.

A govt employee in my office got caught jerking it at his seat. Still here to this day just moved him to another part of the building. Its unbelievable.

I've worked in both too and my experience was far worse in the private sector as far as lazy bum workers.