Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Officially Announce Training Camp Move to Richmond/Ashburn Renovations

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #76
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Officially Announce Training Camp Move to Richmond/Ashburn Renovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Have they released any details for the planned renovations? I'm curious to see what they have in mind.

Nothing yet. Theyre susposed to make the decision of where sometime during the Fall

Advertisements
Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #77
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Officially Announce Training Camp Move to Richmond/Ashburn Renovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
The ride to Richmond from DC is traffic hell. Frostburg & Carlisle were much nicer rides.

They didnt say on the news where the camp would actually take place. They showed a couple of dumpy stadiums in Richmond which look like they will need a bunch of renovation before hosting the Skins. I remember all the controversy with the field condition at Carlisle, hopefully this will be better and nobody gets hurt.
Not if you live in Richmond! I think the idea is to spread the Redskins brand to different areas other than DMV. I know I am biased since I live in Richmond but I like the idea of spreading out, not necessarily to Richmond, but in general. Smart move business-wise if you ask me.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #78
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

VUU top contender for Redskins, site visit planned Sunday | WTVR.com – Richmond News & Weather from WTVR Television CBS 6

Looks like a couple of these sites are close to where my sister lives, also right near a brand new brewry thats opened within the last year. I actually when down to the brewery a couple weekend ago and got a private tour with some friends by the co-owner. If VUU or the sportsbacker stadium site hold up, the brewery would be an ideal meet up spot, hell maybe a spot for an event.brewery: Hardywood Park Craft Brewery | Integrity, Heritage, Inspired Creation

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Redskins eye land behind Science Museum for training camp - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News, Weather, Traffic & Sports

I dont know about this spot, like a couple others much better (VUU being my favorite). This is a vacant, underdeveloped tracts of land. Interesting choice imo. Some of these choices really dont 'show off' the city too well, but thats not the primary goal.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #80
Monkeydad
Living Legend

They don't even have a site yet?

A tract of land behind a museum? Hope it's flat and level.

They can't use any existing football fields, even high schools? If they had a place lined up, the move would make sense but despite the horrible parking lots, Ashburn seems to be a better, already intact place to practice.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #81
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

They can't use any existing football fields, even high schools? If they had a place lined up, the move would make sense but despite the horrible parking lots, Ashburn seems to be a better, already intact place to practice.
Problem with Richmond is the best site to use is already in use (U of R) and the other stadium site is a wreck.

I would've loved to see VB be chosen, we already have a stadium that could be used adjacent to several outdoor practice fields and a private indoor facility that could be rented. The location is 5 min from my house.....oh well.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #82
FRPLG
MVP

OK what? In the year 2013 the Skins are gonna throw together training camp on a patch of undeveloped land? Huh? I mean that sounds pretty bare bones. What about facilities? This sounds sketchy.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #83
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Asburn's parking lot is going to look good compared to Richmond's!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #84
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

This shows the field some.....

http://www.vuusports.com/photo_gallery.aspx