Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Season Ticket Renewals

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #46
GusFrerotte

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Also my alma matter(Eastern Mich Univ) sells tickets for $8-$10 and you can sit in all but the center most sections. Since the games haven't sold out since I was a student there(1988-93) it is pretty cool, as the level of football in the MAC has actaully improved over the last 10 years.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #47
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I would do it maybe once to see how it was, but to be honest I like to be higher up so you can see the plays develop, etc. It would be cool to give the guys "thatta boy" type stuff in the "dream seats", but I don't think the cost is worth it.
It's definitely better to sit up higher. At the games here at ECU. I have sat in the area where "dream seats" would be at the Skins games and it kind of sucked.

As to the following games where I sit here.

You can see the plays develop so much better and I enjoyed the higher up seats much more. Besides, it was fun to watch our chancellor throw out some drunk UNC kid talking smack...lol
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #48
SkinsHulk
Camp Scrub

After 40 years of season ticket holding my family decided enough was enough and cancelled. 3 months later they trade for the rights to RG3- too unfair.
Just became too painful to commute from Baltimore for a 1pm game and get home around 8pm or later. Stadium traffic is just wretched in Landover. Stadium traffic should receive highest priority by closing off surrounding roads IMO. Idky 30,000 cars leaving from one area should have to abide by a traffic signals? If only I lived in the townhouses 1 block from the stadium.
SkinsHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #49
InsaneBoost
The Starter

How bad is it from Baltimore? I usually tailgate, so I leave much earlier (8am) and can get to the parking lots by 9:45 latest. I live in Alexandria, towards Seven Corners.

When leaving, it takes me probably an hour if that to get back home. I always parked in the B-3 Lot, which has a back gate to leave from, which puts you on Sheriff Road.

I think that's going to change this season because of the Gray Lot being closed and everyone coming into the Green Lots, but being I get to the games so early to tailgate, I doubt I'll have a problem getting a space, but rather leaving.

Believe me though, I know all about parking. When I had the Red Lot passes, it would take a good 3 hours to get home from FedEx because of Arena Drive traffic.

Last edited by InsaneBoost; 06-02-2012 at 04:28 PM.
InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #50
redskins5044
Playmaker

over the past 7 years while living in the area, i have been to about 4 to 5 games a each season. The traffic has gotten better over the years, if you park in the lots close to the stadium the biggest problem is getting out of them. This is a problem at every NFL stadium not just FedEx. I found a cash lot about 3/4 mile away and easily walkable and after the game once i got to my car i was on 495 within 20 minutes.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #51
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Gave up my season tickets when I moved to Vegas. I miss the hell out of going to games but my Sunday ticket package does save a ton of cash.

I still go anytime the skins play the cards or chargers and try to schedule business trips to away games.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #52
firstdown
Living Legend

I'll have to say so far this is the first year after given up my season tickets I have not received mail to purchase season tickets. I say either they are selling good with RGIII or they just gvae up on me.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #53
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Probably. I would say the removal of those additional seats, plus RGIII, they would have sold them.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #54
T.O.Killa
The Starter

I have two and was offered more and bought them
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #55
InsaneBoost
The Starter

They're selling Standing Room Only season tickets now. Looks like $290 for the season. Was just offered them before they go out to the public. Also was offered more parking, which I did buy (B3 Green).

Currently upgrading my upper level seats closer to the 50 (in the upper level). Guess I'll know sometime tomorrow or Thursday. Unless they just set all of the UL people eligible for upgrades to that. Then who knows.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #56
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
They're selling Standing Room Only season tickets now. Looks like $290 for the season. Was just offered them before they go out to the public. Also was offered more parking, which I did buy (B3 Green).

Currently upgrading my upper level seats closer to the 50 (in the upper level). Guess I'll know sometime tomorrow or Thursday. Unless they just set all of the UL people eligible for upgrades to that. Then who knows.
When I had my season tickets all the parking passes where gone. When I went to the game people where selling them on every corner. I asked on guy and he said you did not have to have season tickets to purchase a parking pass. I'm guessing they changed that.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #57
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Just a guess, but with the removal of all the seats, there wouldn't be as many people coming, but the amount of parking passes would still be the same, so they can probably afford to do it now without causing many problems.

As far as before. I do recall reading about that, but I believe it happened AFTER they had season ticket renewals and what not. I don't think you could call in and purchase parking passes before then, but I may not be correct on that.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #58
InsaneBoost
The Starter

I can confirm the Grey Lot now. Was just filling out my media creds for Training Camp / Season and it says this:

Quote:
Media parking is free and at the Grey Lot at FedExField. Please bring your media organizations press credentials to receive parking. Please give yourself 10-15 minutes to walk from the lot to the stadium.