Other Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #20
jdlea
Playmaker

Re: Skip Bayless owned on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think he was more upset about his integrity being questioned, Jalen essentially calling him a liar. But that was Skip's fault for only tweeting part of his story about playing basketball in high school. And I think he said as much.

I went to a few First Take tapings and off-camera Skip gets teased/needled/abused whatever you want to call it a fair amount. It's all love of course...or is it? Anyhow, he takes it as well as he dishes it out.
I guess that's fair. When I found about this, my reaction was pretty much, "People still take this guy seriously?" I've never enjoyed listening to Skip Bayless, if he believes half of what comes out of his mouth, he's an idiot. To me, it was more like Jalen calling him on his BS than anything else. I'm not saying he was trying to outright lie, but I don't doubt that he was trying to mislead people.

Also, who cares what you did in high school? That has absolutely no bearing on how you judge Westbrook. I mean, seriously, how does "I got benched in high school because I was a point guard who shot too much" relate in any way to "(NBA Player) Russell Westbrook should know better, Durant should have a problem with him." How do you even make that connection?

While we're saying stuff like that, I played defensive end on my 70 lb team until I was 10, I was even better (at that age) than a few people who got college scholarships, therefore, you should know that I'm speaking from experience when I say DeMarcus Ware should bull rush more. Disregard the fact that I only ever registered like 2 tackles while playing end; that's not important to this discussion.

IMO Bayless was being dishonest by even bringing up his high school experience and using that to justify his points.

TL;DR I have a confirmation bias against Skip Bayless and I love seeing him embarassed/proven wrong. Also, I'm long winded and wrote way too much about something I care very little about.
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote