Happy Great American Smokeout Day!

Parking Lot

Old 10-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #31
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Happy Great American Smokeout Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
well, i was looking for that "hey look at me I quit smoking cigarettes for a day" thread because, hey look at me i quit smoking cigarettes for the past .. 6 hours? WTF it feels like ive gone a good day, atleast a half day. hadnt had one since 9 am.
shit ive only gone 6 hrs and 25 mins? **** never mind, ill wait another 5 hrs and 35 mins before i demand my obligatory electronic pat on the back and a few words of encouragement from a collection of internet people ill never know.

you ever notice the people who start those "im quitting smoking" threads never tell you when they failed.

anyways, im going to buy some nicirette gum. i feel good, i feel like i have to do it. just saw the sonogram of the baby, we are 14 weeks and 6 days along so i have to do it. but the nicorette might help,

im alil on edge. i could probably use a lil help . .
You might try taking a ginseng capsule every day. It helps to rebalance your body's chemicals. It won't end cravings but it will lessen them. And it's natural so there are no bad side effects.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #32
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I don't smoke but I sure have a habit of dating smokers.

Cloves... GAG. I tend to like black and milds though. I'm cool with those.
I refuse to date smokers...

I've had 2 cloves in a single night but never a traditional cigarette
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #33
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I told my wife when we had our daughter I would quit smoking. Our daughter is alomost 4 and I quit smoking about 9 months ago. You have to be ready to quit or your waisting your time.
I am in the same boat. Need to quit, got all the way down to like 3 a day after my daughter was born then I just slowly started to smoke again. Dont smoke in the house or the car BTW.

It just sucks, I have tried Chantix, and I never stopped smoking and the dreams and side effects were terrible.

Heard of a new drug they are introducing here that is a one time shot. It completely eliminates the urge to smoke. It is $450.00, and if you smoke again within a year they only charge you another 100. I am thinking I may try that as I have had a hell of a time trying to do it on my own.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #34
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I am in the same boat. Need to quit, got all the way down to like 3 a day after my daughter was born then I just slowly started to smoke again. Dont smoke in the house or the car BTW.

It just sucks, I have tried Chantix, and I never stopped smoking and the dreams and side effects were terrible.

Heard of a new drug they are introducing here that is a one time shot. It completely eliminates the urge to smoke. It is $450.00, and if you smoke again within a year they only charge you another 100. I am thinking I may try that as I have had a hell of a time trying to do it on my own.
One of the side effects is suicidal thoughts. I mean really? They're gonna market something that may get you to stop smoking, but totally make you wanna hang yourself.

I'd really only take something like that as an absolutely last resort.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #35
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I refuse to date smokers...

I've had 2 cloves in a single night but never a traditional cigarette
I've never had a traditional cigarette either but I've smoked cloves and black and milds when I was drinking. For some reason they just taste different with alcohol. I'm not gonna lie they taste really good, but I haven't had any in a while since I've laid off the drinking.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #36
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post

TRY Again!
It took me three attempts but the third got it done. I used the patch for a month or so and after that I could....manage it on my own. DON'T get me wrong, even with the patch it is hard....but doable. After a few weeks, it started to let up.
REMARKABLY, within 24 hours you will stop any smokers cough you may have, and you feel better...FAST.
Good luck to you!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #37
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I've never had a traditional cigarette either but I've smoked cloves and black and milds when I was drinking. For some reason they just taste different with alcohol. I'm not gonna lie they taste really good, but I haven't had any in a while since I've laid off the drinking.
I'm having a black right now as a matter of fact .. every year I treat myself to skies in a cigar for my birthday but I didnt make it to the smoke shop this time around
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #38
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I gave them up on Feb. 8, 2010 the day after the SB. I have not touch a cig. sense that day. People say you will feel so much better but I have not noticed that other then not coughing as much. I have gained some weight and do eat more. I finally got my buddy to quit and he has gone 7 weeks and we talk each day to encourage each other to not smoke. At this point I don't need encouragement but I don't let him know that. I always thought this smoke out thing was pretty stupid and still do.
Wow this thread reminds me its coming up on two years smoke free. I have not touch a smoke sens Feb 8, 2010 and my buddy just hit one year. We talked yesterday about how everything we did revolved around drinking and smoking and now it just revolves around drinking. Chanix worked for me and I only tried killing myself 2 times. I did learn if you want to hang yourself the rope needs to be shorter then the object its attached to.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #39
over the mountain
Playmaker

no cigarette for me, so far so good. kinda want to kill someone thoo . . i went to get some nicorette but CVS wanted 54.99 for a 100 ct of gum. i said eff that and just tried to buy a poweraid and a thing of hand sanitizer advertised for 99 cents. well it rings up as 2.99, i say it was 99 cents. she says i need a cvs card. i say i dont have one and if she could just slide the complimentary one they usually keep by the register. she says no, i say can you slide yours? she says no.

deep breath just walk away.

what is up with homeless guys somehow always managing to make hand to hand contact with you. i literally dropped some quarters in this guys hand and somehow for some reason he lifts his hands up real quick and we touched hands. wtf. atleast he recognized me and didnt ask for money on my way back.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #40
over the mountain
Playmaker

well, havent had a smoke since oct 5. i was having some real bad days. id get home and go to the bar and pound some ice cold beers. pound them in such a way that it doesnt touch your tongue or mouth just goes straight down and hits the bottom of the throat, it just helped me by doing that.

the dreams have pretty much stopped. i used to have dreams were id be smoking in them, say to myself you shouldnt be smoking your supposed to quit then decide to just finish the pack and re-start quiting tomorrow. id wake up feeling like shit b/c i thought i did smoke and it would take a few moments for me to realize it was just a dream. i still had stayed strong.

man it feels like ive gone alot longer than 5 weeks . .just talking about it now has the bloodveins in my arms getting excited and tingly.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #41
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Good Job OTM.......It will be letting up substantially any time....
THEN you can tackle that alcohol problem?
Seriously...GOOD JOB!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #42
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
well, havent had a smoke since oct 5. i was having some real bad days. id get home and go to the bar and pound some ice cold beers. pound them in such a way that it doesnt touch your tongue or mouth just goes straight down and hits the bottom of the throat, it just helped me by doing that.

the dreams have pretty much stopped. i used to have dreams were id be smoking in them, say to myself you shouldnt be smoking your supposed to quit then decide to just finish the pack and re-start quiting tomorrow. id wake up feeling like shit b/c i thought i did smoke and it would take a few moments for me to realize it was just a dream. i still had stayed strong.

man it feels like ive gone alot longer than 5 weeks . .just talking about it now has the bloodveins in my arms getting excited and tingly.
That's great and something you should be very proud of. Keep it up and just remember. WHAT EEVER YOU DO JUST DON"T SMOKE. I'm working on 2 yrs.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #43
over the mountain
Playmaker

thanks yall, really been easier than i thought. only used regular gum. no way i could have gone this long without having a baby on the way.

so if your serious about quiting, just impregnate someone.

ive gone 2 years quitting before only to restart, seen my older brother go years without only to have him start back up and he has kids so i know you never really quit, its just how long you have stopped.

the alcohol thing, i get alil loose once a week. after working all week, driving through rush hour hell, dealing with an irrational lady, i feel like i can get 4-8 hours to let loose and stop by my neighbor watering holes. shes telling me i have to stop going out and start drinking just a six at the house once the baby is born, which i imagine is the step right before buying a minivan.