Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

How much does your spouse know about football?

Parking Lot

Old 08-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #31
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: How much does your spouse know about football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This is me, too. For me I'd feel like George Costanza, the worlds would collide. If relationship Schneed walked into the living room on Sunday afternoon, he would kill football fanatic Schneed.

Spouses need their time apart and separate interests. Football is mine. Book club is hers.
I totally get that. I think if my wife didn't work or we both had 9-5 type jobs, that would be the case with us. But given our conflicting work schedules, sometimes we'll go 2 or 3 days without seeing each other, aside from sleeping next to one another. So football is actually some nice quality time for us.

Advertisements
Old 08-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #32
firstdown
Living Legend

Mine knows enough not to make any plans for use when the Redskins are on and that even goes for preseason. Maybe one year she will have to hold off making plans in the post season.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #33
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

I'm in a somewhat new relationship.. she just bought me sec 240 row 1 ticket for the Dallas game to serve as my bday present... she's from SF and a Niners fan, but she doesn't follow football

We had talked about going to the niners game since she wanted to and then surprises me with this, though it is only one ticket.. but that was unselfish of her, possibly foregoing a cheaper game to attend, gotta try to get her a ticket so that she sees my passion firsthand lol

So she may not be IN to football but she knows what's important.. and just locked me down for another 2.5 months now that I think about it lol

Last edited by tryfuhl; 09-01-2011 at 01:05 AM.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #34
over the mountain
Playmaker

my lady knows the basics. she acted like a big skins and Os fan when we first met, asking me to explain stuff to her so she could trade knowledge with my brothers wife who knows alil bit . . but while she has jereys and hats, she really doesnt bother watching the actual games.

last night we were watching wonder years, during a commercial i changed it to the Os game, she started making a low growling sound.

kinda sucks actually, i end up walking to the bar to watch a game if i really want to see it. she actualy left me for a few days after we fought over watching the skins first preseason game. probably didnt help that i didnt come home that night until 3 am, drunk and spitting on the floor but whatever she texted me "goodnight" when i was out which i interpreted as "stay out as late as you want and get wasted, im sorry for getting mad at you for you wanting to watch the skins game, im sorry please forgive me". apparently that wasnt what she meant and i was supposed to come home right after the game and not be shit faced drunk like we agreed before i left and she was just saying good night.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #35
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
I'm in a somewhat new relationship.. she just bought me sec 240 row 1 ticket for the Dallas game to serve as my bday present... she's from SF and a Niners fan, but she doesn't follow football

We had talked about going to the niners game since she wanted to and then surprises me with this, though it is only one ticket.. but that was unselfish of her, possibly foregoing a cheaper game to attend, gotta try to get her a ticket so that she sees my passion firsthand lol

So she may not be IN to football but she knows what's important.. and just locked me down for another 2.5 months now that I think about it lol
be careful man, i ended up staying in a relationship longer than i should have b/c the wretched woman had almost front row 4 season tickets to skins and i basically got to bring anyone i wanted. right before the start of reg season and after she tried to get invitro fertilized and say it was my baby i had to kick her out.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #36
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
be careful man, i ended up staying in a relationship longer than i should have b/c the wretched woman had almost front row 4 season tickets to skins and i basically got to bring anyone i wanted. right before the start of reg season and after she tried to get invitro fertilized and say it was my baby i had to kick her out.
Lol I hear ya bro
Old 09-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #37
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Welp, turned out I was a rebound and she's right back with dude.. her $250 ticket is getting returned tomorrow...
Old 09-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #38
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
my lady knows the basics. she acted like a big skins and Os fan when we first met, asking me to explain stuff to her so she could trade knowledge with my brothers wife who knows alil bit . . but while she has jereys and hats, she really doesnt bother watching the actual games.

last night we were watching wonder years, during a commercial i changed it to the Os game, she started making a low growling sound.

kinda sucks actually, i end up walking to the bar to watch a game if i really want to see it. she actualy left me for a few days after we fought over watching the skins first preseason game. probably didnt help that i didnt come home that night until 3 am, drunk and spitting on the floor but whatever she texted me "goodnight" when i was out which i interpreted as "stay out as late as you want and get wasted, im sorry for getting mad at you for you wanting to watch the skins game, im sorry please forgive me". apparently that wasnt what she meant and i was supposed to come home right after the game and not be shit faced drunk like we agreed before i left and she was just saying good night.

Seriously...invest in DVR and record the games to watch when "you're allowed" or she's sleeping. It might save the marriage.

Feel sorry for you man...no one should be forced to choose between the Redskins and the wife.

Last edited by Monkeydad; 09-16-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #39
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post

Seriously...invest in DVR and record the games to watch when "you're allowed" or she's sleeping. It might save the marriage.

Feel sorry for you man...no one should be forced to choose between the Redskins and the wife.
OTM has the best stories by far on this site.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #40
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Get your spouse, girlfriend, sidechick, etc. to sign up for Women of Washington Redskins this month and for every person who joins Snyder will donate $1 to AmericanCancerSociety
Old 10-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #41
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Get your spouse, girlfriend, sidechick, etc. to sign up for Women of Washington Redskins this month and for every person who joins Snyder will donate $1 to AmericanCancerSociety
That's really cool. I just forwarded the link to my wife. She'd be all about that.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #42
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
That's really cool. I just forwarded the link to my wife. She'd be all about that.

how is your friend that was battling cancer a few years back???
Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #43
saden1
MVP

We were matching MNF last night and ESPN had this one bit on Calvin Johnson and how incredibly amazing he is. She wasn't that impressed until I told her besides Dwight Howard no one can stop him when he goes up to get the football.

This is what they put up and when you couple that with 4.35 speed you got to figure he is better than Miles Austin and Dez Bryant put together.

Quote:
Johnson is 6'5", his wing span is 6'10", his standing vertical reach is 6'8", and get this, he has 42'5" vertical which translates to a maximum reach of 12'5"
Life is not fair.

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 10-11-2011 at 05:44 PM.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #44
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
But he's an evil rich man with a big boat...Snyder....charity...I'm confused!

Free dance classes from the cheerleaders.

I must get her to sign up.

Last edited by Monkeydad; 10-12-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote