Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Redskins Fans in North Carolina......

Parking Lot

Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Redskins Fans in North Carolina......

For you 'skins fans in North Carolina, I have a question for you that you may, or may not be able to answer.

I will be moving to the Greensboro area next year. I know that they will show more Panther games in Carolina than Redskins games on their Fox 8 channel. My question is, can you guys pick up any Fox VA channels with over the air free TV antenna? Second question - if you have DirecTV, do they consider the Roanoke, VA channels part of your local channels along with your North Carolina locals? The reason why I ask this is that where I live currently, DirecTV allows me to have both VA and NC local channel access with no additional charges. I'm assuming this is so because I live close to the VA/NC boarder. However, I will only be moving roughly and hour away, South to G'boro.

I'm basically asking this because if at all possible, I still want to be able to watch my 'skins play without having to fork out the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket, going to a bar to watch them play, or having to mooch off of a friend if they happen to have Sunday Ticket. I just figured since the Redskins are still fairly close (about roughly 5 hours) that there would still be a chance that I could tune the game in. My girlfriend's indoor antenna found one of the Roanoke, VA channels, but it wasn't quite strong enough to pull it in viewable.

Anyways, I know there are a few NC Redskins fans here, although I'm not sure from what part of the state you live in. Just trying to gauge what to expect when I'm living in Carolina blue next year!

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
jbcjr14
The Starter

Re: Redskins Fans in North Carolina......

I used to live in Greensboro a few years ago. You will not see a Skin's game there unless both the Panthers and the Falcons are off. I highly suggest putting the $$ aside and get NFL ticket or PS3 and the ticket from there.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins Fans in North Carolina......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcjr14 View Post
I used to live in Greensboro a few years ago. You will not see a Skin's game there unless both the Panthers and the Falcons are off. I highly suggest putting the $$ aside and get NFL ticket or PS3 and the ticket from there.

That's what I fear, although I'm surprised about the Falcons being considered a regional team. Guess I will definitely be setting aside the money for that!