Do You or Your Wife Clip Coupons

Parking Lot

Old 02-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #46
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Do You or Your Wife Clip Coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Wait until he has to go car shopping with her. Doing that right now. It's gonna be a battle but I'm going to win.

"I don't like that car"
"I don't like that color"
"I don't like those seats"
"I want to be able to haul extra people around so the whole extended family can take one car" (how often will that actually happen?)

I'm more practical, really looking at the economics over the aethestics...women are the opposite. Going to avoid the SUVs because I foresee $5 gas next year with all of the Middle East crapola right now. Gonna go full-size sedan, likely Ford Taurus. She was against the idea at first, now I have her wanting to test drive one.

Of course, she will be the main driver, this will be a kid-hauler. Just sold my little coupe and will take her car.

Amateur!

My wifes last car I just purchase it then took her to give the OK. She asked why it only took us a minute to sign over the title and to take care of the payment. She did not know until latter I had already done a test ride, negotiated a price, got a certified check, etc... The guy selling the truck liked my added touch of asking for the lower price because of the tires while my wife was there. The only reason I needed her was for the ride there. Sounds bad but I was dishing out the cash and she was getting a newer SUV and we needed something bigger to tow the boat.

I know you don't want an SUV and I can understand why but i like the feeling of the added protection. The wife has the full size Yukon which is getting around 14 mpg but that also is partly because we tow the boat. Its big. I can put a full 4x8 piece of plywood laying flat and still shut the tail gate.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #47
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Not sure you should be calling someone that if Tabasco put you down for half an hour.
The only thing that went down was a loaf of bread.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #48
SBXVII
Franchise Player

My problem is you really have to scrutinize the coupons. In other words if you were going to have to buy 2 or 3 boxes of cereal anyway then the coupon helps but if you only need one item and the coupon wants me to get 2 or 3 for only a 30 cent savings off the cost of 3 then I'd rather just buy 1 and not have to spend for 2 more just to get the savings.

I'm betting with the coupons and having the store savings card one could save a lot.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #49
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
My problem is you really have to scrutinize the coupons. In other words if you were going to have to buy 2 or 3 boxes of cereal anyway then the coupon helps but if you only need one item and the coupon wants me to get 2 or 3 for only a 30 cent savings off the cost of 3 then I'd rather just buy 1 and not have to spend for 2 more just to get the savings.

I'm betting with the coupons and having the store savings card one could save a lot.
Yeah, or when there's a $0.75 off Honey Nut Cheerios coupon but the identical-tasting/sized store brand right beside of it is already $1.25 less..just sit the coupon on the shelf for some other sucker.

Better yet, bagged cereal. 64 oz for the price of 16!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #50
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:

I do the grocery shopping because I'm the finance guy in the family (is also my career). When my wife shops, I lose hair when I check the receipt. She shops...like a woman.
no BS man, when my lady does the grocery shopping she buys what she wants and likes. If you like honey nut cherrios and frosted flakes equally, buy the one on sale, dont sit there and debate which one you think you like more at this given time or which one you think you wil want 2 mornings from now.

I try coupon shopping, the problem I run into is that it seems only certain types of products do coupons. You need paper towels, TP, vitamins, tylenol, cereal, etc great, theres a coupon for that. You need ground beef, a whole chicken, milk, cheese, veggies etc the coupons are hard to find.

i just end up with a thousand different coupons for every brand of papertowels and TP.

shoppers does double coupon tuesday, honestly if your going to use coupons, do it on a double tuesday.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #51
firstdown
Living Legend

Have you ever noticed how much extra crap you buy when you go to the grocery hungry.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #52
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Believe it or not Target is cheaper on a lot of foods vs. the grocery store. Cereal is one that I know is much cheaper at Target.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #53
over the mountain
Playmaker

I cant believe im saying this, im not sure what my life has come to but . . . . ive been eyeing up target lately, good prices and they have their own coupons. i feel like im 4 years away from driving a mini van.

FD - man, you own a boat, live near salt water and have jedi mind tricks over your lady. Im alil bit in awww sir.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #54
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I cant believe im saying this, im not sure what my life has come to but . . . . ive been eyeing up target lately, good prices and they have their own coupons. i feel like im 4 years away from driving a mini van.

FD - man, you own a boat, live near salt water and have jedi mind tricks over your lady. Im alil bit in awww sir.

Don't do it man! That's going too far!

Oh, I think you mean "awe". "Awww" makes it sound like you think FD is cute.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #55
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

My wife won't even drive a mini van. I have nothing over on her I just think I do at times and our marriage is 50/50 no matter what I want to think. If your ever in the area I'd be more then happy to take you out boating or fishing. Maybe we should have a Warpath day out on the water? Cold beer, great conversation, and where ever we end up.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:52 AM   #56
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Just whatever you do, NEVER EVER take a big,heaping tablespoon of straight cinnamon in your mouth. I did it a couple of years back on a dare...UGHH.

I was literally blowing red clouds of smoke for 5 minutes whenever I spoke and it didn't burn, but it sucked every drop of moisture out of my mouth and throat. It tasted horrible but the weird dryness of the mouth was miserable.

I once did a shot glass of Tabasco...that was a half an hour of pain but I'll take that over the spoon of cinnamon every time.
lol I was on the way home from the gym one time and was just gonna take little whey out of the scoop at a time as I didn't have any water.. well somehow I dumped the whole scoop in my mouth at once and yeah, coats your throat and you choke.. I was in tears, had to pull over to the shoulder barely able to see on Prince William Parkway
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:53 AM   #57
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I've eaten a whole chili pepper as a dare. Was a dumb idea and burned for 20 minutes.
did this with an habanero, the burn lasted much longer
Old 02-25-2011, 02:56 AM   #58
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Believe it or not Target is cheaper on a lot of foods vs. the grocery store. Cereal is one that I know is much cheaper at Target.
so true

even on bachelor foods aka frozen stuff you throw in the microwave or oven

sometimes the everyday price of something that's 9 at the grocery store will be 7 or so

then coupons on top of that? yesss
Old 02-25-2011, 02:57 AM   #59
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
no BS man, when my lady does the grocery shopping she buys what she wants and likes. If you like honey nut cherrios and frosted flakes equally, buy the one on sale, dont sit there and debate which one you think you like more at this given time or which one you think you wil want 2 mornings from now.

I try coupon shopping, the problem I run into is that it seems only certain types of products do coupons. You need paper towels, TP, vitamins, tylenol, cereal, etc great, theres a coupon for that. You need ground beef, a whole chicken, milk, cheese, veggies etc the coupons are hard to find.

i just end up with a thousand different coupons for every brand of papertowels and TP.

shoppers does double coupon tuesday, honestly if your going to use coupons, do it on a double tuesday.
you can usually find cheese coupons, sometimes milk.. but the stores typically do bigger sales on that.. aka 12/lb cut of beef for 6 instead
Old 06-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #60
firstdown
Living Legend

So I come home from work and the wife is all excited again because she saved almost $100 with coupons. I'm thinking about hiding coupons in my underwear.