Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #61
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Handicapping Trading Partners for Haynesworth and McNabb

If Albert wants to walk......give the money back. We've had too many guys take the money and lay down. The buck stops here Beeatch!!!

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #62
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
If Albert wants to walk......give the money back. We've had too many guys take the money and lay down. The buck stops here Beeatch!!!
The media circus also needs to stop and personally that is more important. The team just needs to make sure to do their HW and not sign characters like AH period. I don't see anything good for the team happening if this guy is on the bench.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #63
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, I (and others) have said it before. If we don't find a trade partner for AH, he's going to sit on our bench. And without a CBA we won't find a trade partner. McNabb we'll let him walk out of respect
I cant believe how quickly the McNabb trade (2nd and 4th) has led to us getting absolutely nothing in return.

Didnt we give him an extra couple mil half way thru last season so that we could control where he goes and he just doesnt become a FA.

Im going to assume McNabb will give back that money for his freedom to choose where he wants to finish his career....and I could see him doing very well next year.

I thought he played pretty well here considering. I hope we do release him instead of getting a 5th rounder and sending him to pergatory somewhere.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #64
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I cant believe how quickly the McNabb trade (2nd and 4th) has led to us getting absolutely nothing in return.

Didnt we give him an extra couple mil half way thru last season so that we could control where he goes and he just doesnt become a FA.

Im going to assume McNabb will give back that money for his freedom to choose where he wants to finish his career....and I could see him doing very well next year.

I thought he played pretty well here considering. I hope we do release him instead of getting a 5th rounder and sending him to pergatory somewhere.
Not that I specifically recall
Old 04-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #65
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post

I wish Shanahan would try to keep McNabb as much as he wants to keep Haynesworth. Well I know he doesn't "want" to keep Haynesworth, but I just wish they could make something work out with McNabb for at least one more year. With the Haynesworth issue, it is just money, and well I feel that it is not going to be expensive to fix all the goofs that Vinny made in the past. But with McNabb it's a 2nd rounder, that could've been very useful last season, that they are wasting away. As much as the FO office has improved with BA and Shanahan, this McNabb failed trade and the continuing circus around Haynesworth are sort of giving a black eye to the improvement they've made.
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #66
over the mountain
Playmaker

I thought we gave him a few mil signing bonus half way thru last season to extend his contract for 1 year with the skins having the option of dropping him right before the first reg season game.

The initially reported deal by the Skins of the big multi year resigning of McNabb right before our MNF game that, in reality, was just a few extra mil with the skins to have an option of dropping him right before the fisrt reg season game?
Old 04-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #67
Ruhskins
Living Legend

McNabb to Vikings buzz continues - The Insider - The Washington Post

"One league source said none of the teams interested in McNabb is expected to want to offer much for the 34-year-old quarterback, not because they doubt his skills but because the Redskins already tipped their hand that McNabb doesn’t have a future in Washington."

Yeah, we're not going to get much for McNabb it seems.

R.I.P. #21
Old 04-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #68
MTK
\m/

It's probably gonna have to be some sort of conditional pick.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #69
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not that I specifically recall
We did.

Washington Redskins have out clause in Donovan McNabb's new contract - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Quote:
McNabb receives a $3.5 million bonus this year as part of the new agreement, but the rest of the five-year, $78 million package would come to naught if the team decides to cut ties.

I'm not sure who was the bigger fool this past year. Shanny and crew for that trade/contract or SBXVII and Brody for actually believing the Skins were holding tryouts for replacement players....lololol
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Well, I guess if you look at it that way sure
Old 04-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #71
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Well, I guess if you look at it that way sure
It was basically a 3 million dollar bribe to control his rights in the off season. The above article Ruhskins posted did have this to say about the situation.

Quote:
It is believed that McNabb would be willing to give back the $3.5 signing bonus he received last fall in exchange for his release.
Personally, I don't see why he should. He has all the leverage in this situation knowing his trade value is Nil and that he can't be traded due to the CBA.

Money for nothing......and chicks for free!
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #72
freddyg12
Playmaker

We are never going to get back what we paid for McNabb. It's understandable that we paid more since he was in the division. Now his value is even less w/another year under his belt & coming off his worst season in years.

That said, I have confidence that Allen & co. will hold onto him until they can get something. Assuming there's a CBA, if somebody wants him to be in camp they will offer something. I see a smiliar approach to the way they handled JC. I think a 4th round pick is realistic, just like the JC deal.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #73
Son Of Man
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
We are never going to get back what we paid for McNabb. It's understandable that we paid more since he was in the division. Now his value is even less w/another year under his belt & coming off his worst season in years.

That said, I have confidence that Allen & co. will hold onto him until they can get something. Assuming there's a CBA, if somebody wants him to be in camp they will offer something. I see a smiliar approach to the way they handled JC. I think a 4th round pick is realistic, just like the JC deal.
Just not two years away I hope.

I can see a team that misses out on a QB in the draft giving us a conditional pick (3rd to 5th round).
Old 04-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #74
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Maybe we can get berrian for mcnabb?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #75
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Maybe we can get berrian for mcnabb?
That would be like swapping Grandmothers with someone.