Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

BCS Race

Other Sports

Old 11-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #16
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: BCS Race

Who is Standford???? And what makes Wisconsin the 2nd best in your eyes

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
lol...Stanford. I just think coming down the stretch Wisconsin is playing dominating football right now...offense is rolling. Defensively, they have challenges, but sh*t I dont see any great defensive teams in the top ten. But hey, its all speculation cause we cant get a playoff or a true national champion.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee: TCU, Boise State not worthy of BCS title shot - ESPN

Completely out of touch...Would have like at least follow up questions if he thought TCU or Boise State could be every team in the Big 10...because they could. But that what i come to expect, dont ask the tough questions...dont step on toes. I hate when these "traditionalist" lump all the smaller teams and just say they dont deserve it, when they dont know the talent on the team or coach staff. Because if the answer is yes, then there is no excuse not to play if they can compete. Right? Thats the right message to send to the student-athelete he mentions.
His comments come off as money-grubbing prick as well...but hey thats the status quo in this country. To say the bowl system works? please. Also would have like a question of why the Big 10 doesnt have a championship game, too p*ssy i guess will remain the answer, cause he know it greatly lessens the big 10 chance to go to the national game.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #19
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee: TCU, Boise State not worthy of BCS title shot - ESPN

Completely out of touch...Would have like at least follow up questions if he thought TCU or Boise State could be every team in the Big 10...because they could. But that what i come to expect, dont ask the tough questions...dont step on toes. I hate when these "traditionalist" lump all the smaller teams and just say they dont deserve it, when they dont know the talent on the team or coach staff. Because if the answer is yes, then there is no excuse not to play if they can compete. Right? Thats the right message to send to the student-athelete he mentions.
His comments come off as money-grubbing prick as well...but hey thats the status quo in this country. To say the bowl system works? please. Also would have like a question of why the Big 10 doesnt have a championship game, too p*ssy i guess will remain the answer, cause he know it greatly lessens the big 10 chance to go to the national game.
Because they are 1 team short of having a championship game. You need 12 for a Championship game. I believe that it is a rule imposed by the NCAA, but I'm not 100% sure.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #20
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Because they are 1 team short of having a championship game. You need 12 for a Championship game. I believe that it is a rule imposed by the NCAA, but I'm not 100% sure.
Yes that is the rule. And no great defenses in the top 10? TCU, LSU to name a couple.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #21
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Look guys!

If you look really quickly you can see Boise State's BCS title hopes getting flushed down the proverbial toilet thanks to Nevada!

Whoops! Too late! Their title hopes have just been flushed down, probably never to return to light, at least not until they join a respectable conference.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #22
saden1
MVP

Here's a thought...maybe Standford is Stanford? You know, the team that has a tree as their mascot.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #23
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Look guys!

If you look really quickly you can see Boise State's BCS title hopes getting flushed down the proverbial toilet thanks to Nevada!

Whoops! Too late! Their title hopes have just been flushed down, probably never to return to light, at least not until they join a respectable conference.
I was kinda rooting against them because I thought they were the only team that knows how Oregon plays and could beat them. BSU is elite football program and they would dominate the Pac-10 if they joined but I guess they are comfortable with being a football only school.

-Jenkins
Old 11-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #24
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
The Badgers have a great running game but I don't think they can stop that Stanford offense or put up points on their defense and keep up. There was talking of Stanford not going to a BCS bowl game because the Ducks are playing in the national championship game. They said the Rose Bowl is not obligated to choose a Pac-10 school if one is playing in another BCS bowl game.

What does Stanford tand now? New BCS rule could ruin Cardinal's Rose Bowl hopes | Jake's Take On Sports

-Jenkins
Old 11-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #25
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

True but with Boise losing Stanford is going to a BCS game

Old 11-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #26
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I was kinda rooting against them because I thought they were the only team that knows how Oregon plays and could beat them. BSU is elite football program and they would dominate the Pac-10 if they joined but I guess they are comfortable with being a football only school.
I was actually rooting for them, even though they beat VT to start the season because I do want to see a team from a non-automatic qualifier conference make the BCS championship game, but even to have the slightest shot at doing that they had to win all of their games, which they didn't do. I think if they did join a better conference they'd definitely have a shot but I'm not too concerned about it, I'd rather see the D1 switch to a playoff format instead.

And with VT about to beat Virginia to become the first team since Florida State to sweep the ACC idc about Boise State. I'm just disappointed VT had to lose to JMU, that really put a damper to start the season.