Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Washington Capitals: 2010 post-season transactions

Other Sports

Old 07-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #31
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Re: Washington Capitals: 2010 post-season transactions

B. Gordon re-signs with Caps today, for a small increase from $761,250 to $800,000.

In related news a few Caps need arbitration, I must say if Flash thinks hes worth 2.75 mil don't let the door hit you in the ass. Your not even close, more like 1 mil best case. When it was crunch time you sucked! Fehr/Schultz low money as well. If McPhee is gonna be on major good drugs and think we don't need SOLID blue line help...by to him as well! Somebody named Teddy better wake up Ovi can't carry this club.

Capitals Insider - Fleischmann, Fehr and Schultz file for salary arbitration
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #32
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

I'm glad we drafted a promising prospect but am I the only one worried about this picture?

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #33
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Fehr re-signs with Caps gets big increase and two year deal. I guess in all fairness Fehr and Schultz both earned the increase. Schultz was consistently our best blue liner through the entire season and it carried over into the playoffs, solid D, and great numbers.

Washington Capitals re-sign forward Eric Fehr to two-year, $4.4 million contract - ESPN
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Old 07-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #34
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Appears the CAPS might have hit big with the first rounder (Kuznetsov) it will be fun to watch his progress. The start up of summer camp is on!

Capitals Insider - Kuznetsov stars in summer camp scrimmage

Capitals Development Camp 7/14/10 - hockeyfights.com forums

Old 07-28-2010, 08:06 PM   #35
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

CAPS acquire enforcer D.J. King, I like the move. Hope he can keep those hands in good working order.

Also FLASH signs a 1 year deal 2.6 mil.

Posted at 5:24 PM ET, 07/28/2010
Caps acquire tough guy D.J. King from St. Louis [updated]

The Caps added some toughness to their lineup this afternoon, acquiring rugged right wing D.J. King from St. Louis in exchange for prospect Stefan Della Rovere.

The Caps have yet to confirm the deal.

The 26-year-old King signed a two-year extension with the Blues prior to being traded.

King, who played only 12 games with the Blues last season because of injury, will be the Caps' first enforcer since veteran tough guy Donald Brashear departed the organization via free agency last summer. In those 12 games, he fought five times.

King, a 6 foot 3, 230-pound native of Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, has appeared in only 13 games the past two seasons. Two seasons ago, he suffered a shoulder injury in his first contest of the season and needed season-ending surgery, and last season he broke his hand in a fight with the Stars' Krys Barch, also in his first game of the season.

King was St. Louis' sixth-round draft pick in 2002. He's appeared in 101 NHL games, netting four goals, nine points and racking up 185 penalty minutes.

Della Rovere, meantime, is an agitator the Caps drafted in seventh round in 2008. He has represented Canada internationally, and earlier this month, fought fellow prospect Trevor Bruess at the Caps' summer development camp.

Update: The Caps have confirmed the trade. Also, King's new contract will pay him $625,000 next season and $650,000 in 2011-12 on a one-way deal, so he's bound for Washington.

Update:King on his role in Washington: "Obviously my role is to stick up for my teammates. But I also [hope to be] more than just that, is what the [Capitals] want. And that's what I expect out of myself. I always come to the rink every day trying to get better. Because the game is not just about fighting no more. You have to get in there on the forecheck and be a physical presence. They see me as someone who can play the game and be a force out there, not only by dropping the gloves."

When told what Pittsburgh's Max Talbot had to say about Alex Ovechkin yesterday, King shot back, "Wow. I guess that's not going to be happening too much longer, I guess."

Sounds like he's going to be a good quote.

YouTube - D.J. King vs Derek Boogaard Mar 14, 2010

YouTube - DJ King Fights from 2006/2007

Old 07-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #36
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
CAPS acquire enforcer D.J. King, I like the move. Hope he can keep those hands in good working order.

Also FLASH signs a 1 year deal 2.6 mil.

Posted at 5:24 PM ET, 07/28/2010
Caps acquire tough guy D.J. King from St. Louis [updated]

The Caps added some toughness to their lineup this afternoon, acquiring rugged right wing D.J. King from St. Louis in exchange for prospect Stefan Della Rovere.

The Caps have yet to confirm the deal.

The 26-year-old King signed a two-year extension with the Blues prior to being traded.

King, who played only 12 games with the Blues last season because of injury, will be the Caps' first enforcer since veteran tough guy Donald Brashear departed the organization via free agency last summer. In those 12 games, he fought five times.

King, a 6 foot 3, 230-pound native of Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, has appeared in only 13 games the past two seasons. Two seasons ago, he suffered a shoulder injury in his first contest of the season and needed season-ending surgery, and last season he broke his hand in a fight with the Stars' Krys Barch, also in his first game of the season.

King was St. Louis' sixth-round draft pick in 2002. He's appeared in 101 NHL games, netting four goals, nine points and racking up 185 penalty minutes.

Della Rovere, meantime, is an agitator the Caps drafted in seventh round in 2008. He has represented Canada internationally, and earlier this month, fought fellow prospect Trevor Bruess at the Caps' summer development camp.

Update: The Caps have confirmed the trade. Also, King's new contract will pay him $625,000 next season and $650,000 in 2011-12 on a one-way deal, so he's bound for Washington.

Update:King on his role in Washington: "Obviously my role is to stick up for my teammates. But I also [hope to be] more than just that, is what the [Capitals] want. And that's what I expect out of myself. I always come to the rink every day trying to get better. Because the game is not just about fighting no more. You have to get in there on the forecheck and be a physical presence. They see me as someone who can play the game and be a force out there, not only by dropping the gloves."

When told what Pittsburgh's Max Talbot had to say about Alex Ovechkin yesterday, King shot back, "Wow. I guess that's not going to be happening too much longer, I guess."

Sounds like he's going to be a good quote.

YouTube - D.J. King vs Derek Boogaard Mar 14, 2010

YouTube - DJ King Fights from 2006/2007
Is he any good at hockey?

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #37
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Is he any good at hockey?
An enforcer good at hockey...? Damn dirt, you fall off a truck?

He's good at protecting OVIE/NICK/SEMIN.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #38
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

An enforcer in a sea of wusses(except for Ovie, Knuble, and maybe a couple others). No Cup this year.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #39
InsaneBoost
The Starter

The only person on this team that can truly fight IMO is Erskine, that's it. Poti has put up some good fights too, the rest, IDK.

Are you saying no cup this year because you don't think we will or are you a fan of another hockey team?

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #40
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
The only person on this team that can truly fight IMO is Erskine, that's it. Poti has put up some good fights too, the rest, IDK.

Are you saying no cup this year because you don't think we will or are you a fan of another hockey team?
Come back to me with your blind optimism when the top defenseman is not Mike Green(Orpik, Lidstrom, and Keith have something he does not, all in their own way), everyone respects the top 4 D-men on the team for the actual ability, they get a legit two-way center like Jordan Staal or Zetteberg, and they get a real second-line center. Oh wait, if all of that happened, then the optimism wouldn't be blind anymore.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #41
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

No hoax: Capitals mistakenly engraved on Prince of Wales Trophy - Puck Daddy - NHL* - Yahoo! Sports
Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #42
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

According to Caps Insider a trade for a defenseman is in the works. Tomas Fleischmann might be on his way out.

Capitals Insider - The Washington Post’s Tarik El-Bashir on the Capitals and NHL
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote