Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins schedule to be released at 7 p.m.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #46
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins schedule to be released at 7 p.m.

I'm thinking about going to the season opener, how close are hotels to the stadium?

Advertisements
Old 04-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #47
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm thinking about going to the season opener, how close are hotels to the stadium?
There is a hotel that sits right next to the on ramp to the Beltway. I can't remember the name of it though. Maybe a DC local will know and post it. You could walk from that one though. When I stay down there more often then not I say at Hyatt Crystal City...its a short car ride from the stadium and they tend to have pretty good internet deals for a nice hotel.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #48
MTK
\m/

Is it easy to catch a cab or something to the stadium? Also, what's the best way to score some premo seats?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #49
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

Quote:
Is it easy to catch a cab or something to the stadium? Also, what's the best way to score some premo seats?

Matty, I suggest you stay away from any hotels near the stadium. Its surrounding area ain't that pretty. The best thing you can do is either get a room in Alexandria or Arlington, VA and then either take a cab or try and see if you can meet up with someone and catch a ride with them. A cab ride from Northern VA to the stadium will probably run you about $30 - $40 bucks. You can also take the metro. The stadium has shuttles that can take you to the metro, I believe.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #50
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
There are a ton of hotels within a couple of miles of the place.. the Radisson and Holiday Inn are probably the closest, being pretty much right across 495, there are some other ones a just a lil more down 495 but prob within 2 or 3 miles still.. hampton, motel 6, etc

you could also stay wherever you wanted and take the blue line to morgan blvd.. it's right around a mile walk to the stadium itself from there.. I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a pedicab/rickshaw service around there yet, unless they have and I haven't been there since

ticket part I'm not sure.. never tried on a Dallas game.. I guess best way would be to know somebody.. past that I've seen some good deals on CL last minute but I doubt that's really how you want to handle it
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #51
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins_P View Post
Matty, I suggest you stay away from any hotels near the stadium. Its surrounding area ain't that pretty. The best thing you can do is either get a room in Alexandria or Arlington, VA and then either take a cab or try and see if you can meet up with someone and catch a ride with them. A cab ride from Northern VA to the stadium will probably run you about $30 - $40 bucks. You can also take the metro. The stadium has shuttles that can take you to the metro, I believe.

I second that! Actually for one exception stay at the Greenbelt Marriott that is the Redskin's hotel they all stay the night before and get ready for the game. You will see everyone of them walking around in the lobby plus the GB Marriott is in a decent location and their Sports Bar (Pitchers) is half decent.

Greenbelt MD Hotels near DC Metro | Greenbelt Marriott | PG County Maryland Hotels

I guess they redesigned the bar now it is called M something or other.

I WOULD BOOK RIGHT NOW IF I WERE YOU IF YOU BOOK SAT AND SUN NIGHT THE RATE IS $129, THEIR REVENUE MGR HAS NOT ADJUSTED THE RATES TO THE NFL SCHEDULE YET. The leisure rate is till popping up.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #52
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Party in Matty's room!
Old 04-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm just looking for the easiest way to get to/from the stadium. I'm gonna check out stubhub for tix, will probably book by end of the week. Flights are pretty cheap right now too.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #54
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm just looking for the easiest way to get to/from the stadium. I'm gonna check out stubhub for tix, will probably book by end of the week. Flights are pretty cheap right now too.
I'm surprised no one offered to host...
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #55
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
nice nice

I mean you could walk to the stadium from the hotel no prob, just come down the alley of hotels and stuff and cross 495 (pretty sure there are no barriers there).. but a taxi from the hotel shouldn't be an issue.. I have no clue about on the way out though
Old 04-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #56
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
I'm surprised no one offered to host...
Not many people have been in here yet. If I had my own place I wouldn't mind hosting some of the guys here. Seems like he wants something close and easy though, I'm sure if he offers to buy the other ticket you'd see some people more than willingly step up
Old 04-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #57
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
I've stayed at this one:
Marriott Courtyard
8330 Corporate Dr
Landover MD 20785-2234

We've stayed there every game we've gone to (roughly 10) and have liked it there. Maybe a 5 minute drive to the stadium, which has been great since we love tailgating. I def recommend this. I think I'm gonna go to the Texans game.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote