Lane Kiffin = Douche

Other Sports

Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #16
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: Lane Kiffin = Douche

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I thought it was pretty hilarious how Kiffin talked about giving it his all...for 14 months.

Still, I don't know that I can be totally upset with him for jumping at this opportunity. I mean it's a bit different for football because players have to stay through their sophomore seasons but what about a guy like John Wall with Kentucky basketball. Highly recruited, commits to Kentucky, but he'll probably bail after one year. Where's the loyalty there? And should there really be any loyalty? I mean college is to prepare you for the next step in your life and if a player like Wall feels he's ready for that next step who's to say he shouldn't go for it.

But, of course, it's not about the one or two players who may bolt early it's about the hundreds of others who won't/can't, it's about the faculty, the fans, the community, all those people who expected Kiffin to be their guy only to watch him run to USC. I can understand their frustration.

What really strikes me as odd is how this guy became qualified for the job in the first place? He's been pretty mediocre as a head coach. I know he wasn't their first, second, third, or fourth choice but still there weren't any other options.
Interesting side note that Lakers owner Jerry Buss reportedly paid Kiffin's buyout to get him out of Tennessee.
thats what i was getting at, alot of people made commitment they might not have otherwise done unless he sold them on it

do you know what type of process the ncaa has for hiring coaches do they do the minority coach interviews, i can't remember, and seriously who else did they look at it seems kinda of fast to land on kiffin the guy has never really proven anything, this was his chance and it would have been interesting to see what happened, now we will have to wait a few years until all of carroll's kids are gone to see what kifin can do. and it's not like it's gonna be hard to recruit to usc.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #17
KLHJ2
Inactive

What did I miss? Lane Kiffin is being called a douche but I need some back story here. The purpose of this thread is to bitch about Lane Kiffin because...?

I will provide it myself. A little link goes a long way

It's an all-out assault on Kiffin, Garrett and USC | Jeff Schultz
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #18
GMScud
Swearinger

My buddy in Gainesville emailed this to me earlier. Some Tennessee fan posted it. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:02 AM   #19
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by duetsch215 View Post
Anyone believe Al Davis now?
Can't be serious? Lane is allowed to job hop all he wants...... I'm not a fan of Lane or Tenn. or USC, but F*ck Tenn., congrats at your new job! no crime in what he did.....
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:06 AM   #20
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I thought it was pretty hilarious how Kiffin talked about giving it his all...for 14 months.

Still, I don't know that I can be totally upset with him for jumping at this opportunity. I mean it's a bit different for football because players have to stay through their sophomore seasons but what about a guy like John Wall with Kentucky basketball. Highly recruited, commits to Kentucky, but he'll probably bail after one year. Where's the loyalty there? And should there really be any loyalty? I mean college is to prepare you for the next step in your life and if a player like Wall feels he's ready for that next step who's to say he shouldn't go for it.

But, of course, it's not about the one or two players who may bolt early it's about the hundreds of others who won't/can't, it's about the faculty, the fans, the community, all those people who expected Kiffin to be their guy only to watch him run to USC. I can understand their frustration.

What really strikes me as odd is how this guy became qualified for the job in the first place? He's been pretty mediocre as a head coach. I know he wasn't their first, second, third, or fourth choice but still there weren't any other options.

Interesting side note that Lakers owner Jerry Buss reportedly paid Kiffin's buyout to get him out of Tennessee.
What has he done to deserve an NFL HC job and two, TWO, primo college HC jobs in 24 months? This guy is a dud. He must make a helluva sales pitch because he's shown diddly-poo in terms of football qualifications.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #21
djnemo65
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
My buddy in Gainesville emailed this to me earlier. Some Tennessee fan posted it. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

YouTube - Runaway Lane
VERY well done. LOL.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #22
GMScud
Swearinger

Thought this was a pretty good compilation of bashing:

It's an all-out assault on Kiffin, Garrett and USC | Jeff Schultz
Old 01-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #23
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

^^ Loved this quote:

"Paris Hilton has paid more dues than Lane Kiffin."
Old 01-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #24
HugeMonkFan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
wow that was amazing..."couldnt compete with urban and sabin" lol

ps there are alot of rules for a new poster...wow...but i guess it makes sense due to the fact that no one likes trolls or adbots.
HugeMonkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #25
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeMonkFan View Post
wow that was amazing..."couldnt compete with urban and sabin" lol

ps there are alot of rules for a new poster...wow...but i guess it makes sense due to the fact that no one likes trolls or adbots.
welcome to the warpath and enjoy. Its a great site which combines the resources and knowledge of a large forum, but the comfort and togetherness of a smaller community.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #26
HugeMonkFan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
welcome to the warpath and enjoy. Its a great site which combines the resources and knowledge of a large forum, but the comfort and togetherness of a smaller community.
thanx. yeah im seeing that. Its nice to see like minded people that actually know what they are talking about all together on the same forum. i hope to add to the greatness of the forums.
HugeMonkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #27
GMScud
Swearinger

Tennessee confirms Lane Kiffin wrecked leased car - ESPN