Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I had a dream

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-21-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I had a dream

Although this dream would be most your nightmares, I woke up today thinking how would it be if by some chance Snyder was able to coax Ricky Williams out of retirement and take a backup role behind portis to become potientaly one of the best running back tandems in the history of football.

Now before u start :smashfrea killing me on this, think about. First, Ricky doesn't seem to want to be the workhorse and in this situation he wouldn't. Secondly, it would increase the length of portis's career hopefully as a redskin. Thirdly, if we tell Ricky not to deal with the media and keep his mouth shut, the NFL has a history of forgiving player mistakes especially when they're winning ( I.E. Dillion, Taylor, Irving). Although he has to deal with the suspension if he was to come back it's not like we don't already have a star back in portis. Williams would be an added plus.
Willams wants money so we'll give him a signing bonus to pay his debts and encentive based two year long contract so we don't get screwed by trying to ink him on the roster long term.

As for the smoking pot thing don't ask don't tell policy, if he stoped drawing so much damn attention to himself smoking it and bragging he'd be alright. Well let see what u guy got to say, but with all this crap about coles and others leaving the team I jus wanted to dream of someone comming and making an impact.

Advertisements
Old 02-21-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
skin4Life28
Special Teams

Re: I had a dream

Hey I cannot take anything away from Ricky's talent. He is a great player and is a elite back. As for bringing him here, no thanks. Mainly because we need WR's now not RB's.
skin4Life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
diehardskin2982

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin4Life28
Hey I cannot take anything away from Ricky's talent. He is a great player and is a elite back. As for bringing him here, no thanks. Mainly because we need WR's now not RB's.
True, but aren't we by philosophy a run first, clock management team? Plus I banking on the assumption that other teams wouldn't want to deal with him bringing his price down. Us seeing the value, and taking the opportunity
Old 02-21-2005, 06:58 PM   #4
djnemo65
Playmaker

is this a joke or are you serious?

seriously, i hope snyder doesn't read this board because this is the kind of move he would actually try to do.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:36 PM   #5
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

I know one thing for sure: he's going to be looking for at least $8.6 mil UP FRONT!! He still has a tiny little debt to pay off. For a backup RB with a weed problem, I don't think so. And why would you go after him (assuming the skins need a back whcih they don't) when a guy like Shaun Alexander is a free agent?
redwagonskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:27 PM   #6
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagonskins
I know one thing for sure: he's going to be looking for at least $8.6 mil UP FRONT!! He still has a tiny little debt to pay off. For a backup RB with a weed problem, I don't think so. And why would you go after him (assuming the skins need a back whcih they don't) when a guy like Shaun Alexander is a free agent?

First, Ricky Williams is definatly not the only player in the NFL to smoke weed he is just the dumbest about it. I would be willing to bet at LEAST one player on the skins smokes weed....I know if I was as bad as Brunell I would be smoking all the time. Also the main reason we don't go after Shaun Alexander is because we already have a franchise back in Portis and a. we don't need more controversy and b. we don't have the money to do something like that especially with our current WR situation.
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:41 PM   #7
jrocx69
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
True, but aren't we by philosophy a run first, clock management team? Plus I banking on the assumption that other teams wouldn't want to deal with him bringing his price down. Us seeing the value, and taking the opportunity
ummmmmm.... dont we have to pass well to create a run first philosophy? yea , we do
jrocx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:42 PM   #8
saden1
MVP

That's not a dream, that's a nightmare!
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:59 PM   #9
illdefined
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
As for the smoking pot thing don't ask don't tell policy,
ok diehard, i won't ask how much u been smoking

but like said before, watch out, Danny loves big hype like this doesn't he? makes you wonder if he's just accepted the fact the skins won't win, and he just finds other ways to fill the stadium seats...
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:40 AM   #10
aehs77
Special Teams

What ever you ate before you went too sleep never eat it again
aehs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:00 PM   #11
diehardskin2982

I'm jus willing to take a risk. A risk like that paying off critics would call Snyder a genuis, but if we still lose its a stupid mistake.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #12
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUskinsfan11
First, Ricky Williams is definatly not the only player in the NFL to smoke weed he is just the dumbest about it. I would be willing to bet at LEAST one player on the skins smokes weed....I know if I was as bad as Brunell I would be smoking all the time. Also the main reason we don't go after Shaun Alexander is because we already have a franchise back in Portis and a. we don't need more controversy and b. we don't have the money to do something like that especially with our current WR situation.
I have no problem with anybody smoking anything but the NFL has a HUGE PROBLEM with it and Ricky is looking at a mandatory suspension (remember, this is his third knock) if he does come back. I don't think we need a running back I was just responding to an earlier post about signing Williams. Man, maybe pot does make people paranoid!
redwagonskins is offline   Reply With Quote