Marty *****slaps Snyderrato

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #76
#56fanatic
The Starter

Re: Marty *****slaps Snyderrato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Did you forget Gibbs? He had us in the playoffs in 2 of his 4 seasons and over .500

Marty's conservative play calling is what I disliked about him, he had Jimmy Raye as his OC and believe me here in SF were he is the current OC people can't stand his ultra conservative style, they should have beaten the Patriots in SD when they were 14-2 and lost because of his conservative play calling and that wasn't the only time in his career. Marty is the kind of coach that will break your heart by having a great season and choking in the playoffs (5-13 overall playoff record) to me that's unacceptable. You can call it bad luck or whatever, but 5-13 is what people always remember.

Record wise, I was referring to overall, which gibbs was not over 500. The two years were great we made the playoffs, but both years took unbelievable runs (5 straight, then 4 straight) to make it. Gibbs was a different coach 2nd time around and many argue (me) that while gibbs was more CEO of the team, these guys rallied behind Greg Williams and the championship caliber defense he put on the field week in and week out. I am not bashing gibbs so everyone dont get your panties in a bunch, and I loved him here. He brought back the family atmosphere, some accountablity, and left with the assumption that Williams was the guy in waiting, but we all know how that worked out.

Listen to this little tid bit, Norv Turner is about to be the all time winningest coach in SD Charger history. So two HUGE mistaked, again my opinion, was getting rid of Norv, then getting rid of Marty and rehiring Vinny.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #77
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Exactly. Get past all the idiots, morons, nimwits, BS, etc. comments and you'll see this buried at the very bottom

"WR Malcolm Kelly and LB Robert Henson are from the same small Texas town. Now they both play for the Redskins. That’s about it. Read it." (with a link to the story)

PennSkins and Spence-you (well mainly Spence it seems) have a comment for just about every other story, why is it with stories like these you have nothing to say?
I am lost, can you give me a link. Maybe this is over my head, but if there is a story I want to read it.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #78
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I am lost, can you give me a link. Maybe this is over my head, but if there is a story I want to read it.
Washington Times - Kelly, Henson back on same field
Old 12-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #79
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
That story blows. Who'd want to read a stupid fucking gay story like that. I like the ones where they talk about how much buttfucking Snyder and Cerrato like to do . Yay homophobic slurs!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #80
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
That story blows. Who'd want to read a stupid fucking gay story like that. I like the ones where they talk about how much buttfucking Snyder and Cerrato like to do . Yay homophobic slurs!
well played
Old 12-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
well played
On a serious note, I like reading stories like that about players and where they're coming from and how their rooting alliances turn out. Like how Orakpo hates Dallas because he's from Houston, and the one on the 'Skins blog about how Chris Wilson is rooting for Mark Ingram to get the Heisman because they're both from Flint Michigan.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #82
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Hmm, interesting comment. Not sure who you were refering to? Since the title is about Marty I guess that is who you were talking about. I'm also not sure why the comment was made cause there is no basis for the comment unless you would care to share.

Now if your refering to Cerrato then I whole heartedly agree. The man can't get his head up Snyder's ass far enough.

On another note....I think the title is a bad title. Marty does not slap Snyder he simply tells what happened when he was with the Skins and it's basically all about Cerrato being the little biotch that he is.
come on of course I mean Snyderrato...Marty, was the only one with the cajones to demand more control as a HC should and he was booted because of it. Snyderrato is a first class ass sniffer because they don't realize how close we are to becoming like the raiders, a failed organization whose owner doesn't know when to keep his hands off.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #83
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
Record wise, I was referring to overall, which gibbs was not over 500. The two years were great we made the playoffs, but both years took unbelievable runs (5 straight, then 4 straight) to make it. Gibbs was a different coach 2nd time around and many argue (me) that while gibbs was more CEO of the team, these guys rallied behind Greg Williams and the championship caliber defense he put on the field week in and week out. I am not bashing gibbs so everyone dont get your panties in a bunch, and I loved him here. He brought back the family atmosphere, some accountablity, and left with the assumption that Williams was the guy in waiting, but we all know how that worked out.

Listen to this little tid bit, Norv Turner is about to be the all time winningest coach in SD Charger history. So two HUGE mistaked, again my opinion, was getting rid of Norv, then getting rid of Marty and rehiring Vinny.
Snyder makes atrocious coaching/personnel decisions...that's all you have to say. There isn't an honest argument to the contrary, just a bunch of bs and fluff. What you said about the team rallying behind Williams is totally true too, but again you have a guy that would sort of overshadow Lil D and he won't go along. If you notice Gibbs in his 2nd tenure always deferred to the tiny man in the owner's box. Williams is a different kind of cat and Snyder could never have handled it.

Personally I think Snyder needs to think of himself as the team leader, that is why he cannot stand coaches w/ strong personalities and continues to keep a little toady for a GM. If you honestly look at his 10 year history of failure Snyder has never been able to work w/ strong personalities...his last choice, Zorn, is maybe the most demure personality I've ever seen in professional sports. I like Zorn, but he is no HC.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #84
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
come on of course I mean Snyderrato...Marty, was the only one with the cajones to demand more control as a HC should and he was booted because of it. Snyderrato is a first class ass sniffer because they don't realize how close we are to becoming like the raiders, a failed organization whose owner doesn't know when to keep his hands off.
I guess I misunderstood you. When I hear ass sniffer I thought of someone who sucks up. Obviously Cerrato does that. I couldn't figure out how Snyder was sucking up. Your just refering to him putting his nose where it doesn't belong.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #85
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

You know what's interesting is that Cerrato's top lieutenant, the guy who does the majority of the work in the off-season is Scott Campbell who is a Schottenheimer disciple.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #86
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
That's a point a lot of us keep trying to make. There's been an idea frequently posted on the warpath that Cerrato's job is in jeopardy, but there's always been little-to-no support of that statement. That Cerrato could get axed at the end of this year is really nothing more than a sentiment.

I've never been so happy to have been so wrong.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote