Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

wtf is the deal w/ cutler

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2009, 12:12 AM   #166
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: wtf is the deal w/ cutler

LOL I guess I was doing my best Boswell impersonation in this thread, because this article sure sounds a lot like what I've been saying.

Thomas Boswell - For Jason Campbell, the hits just keep on coming - washingtonpost.com

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2009, 12:14 AM   #167
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
LOL I guess I was doing my best Boswell impersonation in this thread, because this article sure sounds a lot like what I've been saying.

Thomas Boswell - For Jason Campbell, the hits just keep on coming - washingtonpost.com
Nail on the head right here:

Quote:
The hot college boys come and go. Mostly, they go. The flop rate is astronomical. As for the unknowns that arrive undrafted then become stars -- like Warner and Romo -- that's like catching lightning in a bottle. Even if the Redskins draft another Colt or a Jimmy, he's probably not going to be polished enough to be their quarterback for two or three years. Right now, the Redskins have a lot of problems, starting at the top of the organization.

"Jason isn't the problem," Cartwright said. And quarterback, as this close battle with the Eagles showed again, isn't the position that needs to be fixed first.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #168
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:

Great article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #169
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

The only reason the Skins didn't end up with Cutler is because Vinny didn't have enough draft choices to trade for him. And I sure am glad!!! I'd rather have the draft choices so we can get some offensive linemen. Why is everyone so down on Colt Brennan? I'd rather have him playing QB with all the draft choices in hand than have Cutler and on draft choices to speak of.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #170
mredskins
Gamebreaker

YouTube - He's Jay Cutler (Parody Song)
Old 12-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #171
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

I wont pass judgement on the guy this guy till he has been there at least 2 yrs. right now his supporting cast isnt too supporting. No running game and a converted db/return man as his primary wr arent going to help much for any qb.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #172
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
I wont pass judgement on the guy this guy till he has been there at least 2 yrs. right now his supporting cast isnt too supporting. No running game and a converted db/return man as his primary wr arent going to help much for any qb.
Yeah, I can't believe that any team without a legitimate receiver, and using the scraps of castoffs around the league on the offensive line to protect a guy would have thought that Jay Cutler would translate well to their system. The Bears were fooling themselves to have thought like that...

Cutler does have one weapon that a lot of bad offenses are without, and that's a player such as Johnny Knox who can make explosive plays down the field. Devin Hester is no better or worse than a guy like Roy Williams or Santana Moss, players that have some value, but simply don't meet the expectations thrust on them by their organization. Earl Bennett is just a guy, and the depth behind those three sucks.

Of course, a lot of blame in that Chicago offense should go to Greg Olsen, who hasn't been able to make plays in the intermediate range despite being drafted in the first round to be the go-to guy in that offense. Say what you want about our offense, but the Bears would be better off with Fred Davis than Greg Olsen, and before the season, no one would have thought that.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #173
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Cutler does have one weapon that a lot of bad offenses are without, and that's a player such as Johnny Knox who can make explosive plays down the field.
he has to be hands down the fastest guy in the nfl right now his speed is mind blowing

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #174
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

I wont blame Olsen either, teams know when they get in the rz thats the first place Cutler looks. Its really all he has in that area.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #175
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Every week, Jay Cutler looks more and more like Jeff George. He's terrible. Thank the lord we didn't ship off two 1st rounders for that jerk.

Looks like you're not the only one who thinks Cutler reminds them of Jeff George.

Have at It: Will Cutler make it? - NFC North Blog - ESPN
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote