Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Blache lobbies for Pro Bowl

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Blache lobbies for Pro Bowl

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/12/15/blache-lobbies-for-pro-bowl-players.html

Quote:
Redskins Defensive Coordinator Greg Blache has once again broken his media silence, this time to speak up on behalf of some of his players he believes deserve Pro Bowl honors. The discussion with the Washington Post is described as “blunt” [when is any discussion with Blache described differently?] and on the condition that he not be asked about his decision to not address the media unless it suits him to do so.
I agree with each player Blache is lobbying for.

I have a question for you all. If only one of our DEs could go, which one?

Andre Carter v. Brian Orakpo

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Re: Blache lobbies for Pro Bowl

Well since Brian is officially listed as a OLB and Carter a DE I think they both have a shot.

If you have to chose one I would take Carter as he has had a monster season and Brian got 4 of his sacks in one game. In stating that I take nothing away from Brian as he has been as good if not better than expected for a rookie.

I for one want to mentioin that Phat Albert needs to go as well. These guys on this team have greatly benefitted from having the big man in the middle. He deserves a look at the Pro Bowl as well.

London needs to go. HE deserves to go. Will he... I doubt it for the very same reasons that Blache stated. He is an awesome player imo.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
Longtimefan
Playmaker

You can make a case for Orakpo, Carter and Haynesworth for the PB, but being the popularity contest that it is, hence Blaches' comments. I understand him lobbying for his players, and agree with his comments about players that bring that me-first attitude to the game as well as the team. You can always count on Blache to call it like he see's it whether you agree with him or not.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

London Fletcher needs to go to the pro bowl... and needs to be in the Hall of Fame as far as I'm concerned.

The guy is the definition of everything you want, he is the complete player. Talent, consistency, durability, and character. Not much more to say.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
London Fletcher needs to go to the pro bowl... and needs to be in the Hall of Fame as far as I'm concerned.

The guy is the definition of everything you want, he is the complete player. Talent, consistency, durability, and character. Not much more to say.
We all agree on that. I don't think you'll get an argument from any Redskin fans.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Man Fletcher really deserves it...each of these guys are a blessing to the team, no showboating, no problems, just outstanding play...heres hoping they are with the team for a long time.

Fred smoot and D Hall could learn a thing or two from these guys

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Urlacher and Pierce missed major parts of the year, Jon Beason's team isn't playing well, Barrett Ruud hasn't made a sound this year, Tatupu is injured again, and E.J. Henderson is going to miss the rest of the year.

Only four guys they can send at MLB in the conference are Vilma, Willis, Dansby, and Fletcher.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Keep in mind, an OLB with 10+ sacks is a pretty easy way to get selected to the pro bowl.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
You can make a case for Orakpo, Carter and Haynesworth for the PB, but being the popularity contest that it is, hence Blaches' comments. I understand him lobbying for his players, and agree with his comments about players that bring that me-first attitude to the game as well as the team. You can always count on Blache to call it like he see's it whether you agree with him or not.

Sorry to interrupt the love-fest here but the last thing you can count on Blache to do is to call it like he see's it.

This is the guy who won't talk to the media - - unless he feels so strongly about kissing Danny Boy's ass after John Riggins said Danny boy had a "dark heart" or unless he wants to push a couple of his guys for the Pro Bowl.

If he were really a "stand up guy" he would have been out there taking questions on the air and in front of the media when "his guys" lost three consecutive fourth quarter leads. When that happened, he didn't call it like he saw it; he hid in the locker room.

I don't care who the head coach is next year but Blache has to be replaced. After that Danny Boy ass-kissing, what do you think the odds are of that happening?
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #10
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS
Special Teams

fletcher needs to go

...but what blache really needs to lobby for is a new pair of glasses that don't hang on the tip of his nose and make him look like some kinda cuddly ass black geppetto grandpa figure...this is football for fucks sake.
TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #11
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFOSOdeiREDSKINS View Post
fletcher needs to go

...but what blache really needs to lobby for is a new pair of glasses that don't hang on the tip of his nose and make him look like some kinda cuddly ass black geppetto grandpa figure...this is football for fucks sake.
Yeah that's the real problem with Blache. His appearance
Old 12-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #12
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

i have often wondered how those glasses manage to stay on. they seem so precariously placed.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #13
Meks
Pro Bowl

fletch will be alternate to P.Willis ... i hope orakpo goes, carter wont make it. and haynseworth..... doesnt deserve it this year IMO. lack of playing time, and individual performance... weather he makes our TEAM better or not.

oh yea and for Fux sake please get a New D coordinator.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote