(Correction): Brian Kelly Named Notre Dame Coach

Other Sports

Old 12-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Re: (Correction): Brian Kelly Named Notre Dame Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
And at the end of the day, I think this is one of the reasons why Notre Dame won't dramatically better their recruiting. Programs take time to turn around and I wonder if Kelly, as good of a recruiter as he's been, will run into credibility issues down the road. Personally, I think the program is still suffering somewhat, perception wise, from the firing of Ty Willingham.

We'll see though.
kelly's recruiting has been average at best. this is or was only his 3rd year, he has been coaching mostly with players from a different regime. none of cinci's recruiting classes have been near the top 25. cinci only has one 4 star commit at this point in time, even with the #3 team in the country. no 5 stars, and has only had a handful of 4 stars since hes been there. i guess he just gets the most out of the players at hand, which is a great trait, and im sure that if he had stayed at cinci as the program got bigger he would have gotten better recruits.